CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Marquinhos has only had 3 years at top level, but those 3 years have been three very good ones.

Luiz has had many years at top level, but this season at PSG seem to be his first good one.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
luiz was one of europe's top talents and was very good for benfica. he wasn't great at chelsea but seems to be doing well now at psg.

serghei

Disagree with Sirigu, Luiz and Matuidi. Sirigu is a good GK but I don't think he is as good as ter Stegen. Luiz is 100% worse than Piqué right now, this is not even disputable in my book. I like Matuidi a lot but he would suffer in our midfield just like the others do, he is neither as good as Iniesta nor as good as Rakitic.

And you are really clutching at straws. Verratti is suspended, if we include him we might as well include Alves whom you love so much, and even I think he is a better RB than Marquinhos, at least in our system.

Don't know why you are trying to make our team look so bad but if it's really 50-50 between us, which is laughable as our strikers are 10 times better than theirs while the players you mentioned are maybe slightly ahead, if we win tonight, this means that Lucho is a genius and made us win against an on par team away from home. Case closed.

I'm not trying to make our team look bad. It is 50-50. We have the better attack, they have the better midfield, and it's kind of equal in defence. I said 4 of their players could play in our first 11, NOT INCLUDING Verratti. And you're overrating Rakitic big big big time. We're lucky Verratti is not playing, but it would still be hard to win.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Talking about Luiz then we may well have signed him back then when he was at Benfica together with Mata from Valencia whom we were linked a lot to as well.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
luiz might have developed well here but tbh he is a bad version of pique, so overall i'm glad we didn't get him. with masch you have more consistency and he is a leader at the back and helps keep pique focused. if luiz and pique played together there is potential for alot of brain farts.

mata isn't good enough for us imo and at the time we had one of the best midfields in history so i'm not bothered about him.

Alarcón

I'm not trying to make our team look bad. It is 50-50. We have the better attack, they have the better midfield, and it's kind of equal in defence. I said 4 of their players could play in our first 11, NOT INCLUDING Verratti. And you're overrating Rakitic big big big time. We're lucky Verratti is not playing, but it would still be hard to win.

I quoted the part where you said it's 6 players with Verratti. And I already told you, I absolutely do not agree that they have the better midfield, but ok, if this is your opinion, you could make a case for their midfield being slightly better than ours. I said, our attack is much better and I think you'll agree with me on that. If we go by maths: same defense, slightly worse midfield, much better attack - it's not 50-50.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
it's not about player vs player though its how the teams play. psg are built perfectly to counter us and i actually expect us to lose this game.

Alarcón

it's not about player vs player though its how the teams play. psg are built perfectly to counter us and i actually expect us to lose this game.

Of course it's not but that was the whole initial argument. We have Lucho anyway so even if we played our B team it would still be 90-10 in our favour. And don't expect us to lose.

serghei

I quoted the part where you said it's 6 players with Verratti. And I already told you, I absolutely do not agree that they have the better midfield, but ok, if this is your opinion, you could make a case for their midfield being slightly better than ours. I said, our attack is much better and I think you'll agree with me on that. If we go by maths: same defense, slightly worse midfield, much better attack - it's not 50-50.

I think it's close. We have the better attack yes (I don't know if much better, depends which version of Suarez and Neymar show up at the game), but PSG is stronger in midfield, and the defences are about equal. Of course we have a (slightly) better team, but we are playing in Paris, not on Camp Nou, and I really think that makes it about equal.

Alarcón

Yes, form will be an important factor, like always, you never know which version of any player you will get and if Suárez and Neymar both play badly and miss easy chances, if Messi doesn't care, and PSG convert their chances, they can win.

Home of Barca Fans