CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

I

instinct

Watch Lavezzi turning into prime Ronaldo tonight. Misses absolute sitters on a regular basis but not tonight. :lol:

EdmondDantes

Wow, just saw PSG's line up, and it looks rather dull considering the players missing through suspension or not fit to start. Good for us. Marquinhos and Thiago Silva will have a hell of a job here.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Paris SG are unbeaten in their last 33 home games in European competition (W22 D11), best ever run for a French team.

PhilS

I am guessing Montoya will play extremely conservatively.

I remember him coming on in a Clasico back in late 2012 after an injury to Alves and he did exceptionally well, almost scoring a brilliant winner at the very death, but hitting the bar. I also remember Messi's shocked look after that incident.

I am worried whether he is quick and agile enough to deal with the PSG players running at him. He is not likely to add much to the offense, but the squad should still have enough offense. Montoya does play pretty big on defense, Barca does need that help against set plays, especially with Mathieu on the bench.

With this starting lineup, how Barca subs could be crucial. I hope barca gets a lead, then brings in Mathieu for Iniesta or Neymar or Suarez or Busquets. Pedro could really help the defense, too.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
No Luiz and Motta for PSG after all.

Hope Monty does well. I admire Lucho's guts.

Guts? Who else was he going to play, Douglas?

Adriano could be an option, but he hasn't been on his best shape this season and he's more comfortable as LB, so Montoya seems like an obvious choice...

DrPepper

Messi is starting? :facepalm:

Well, ideally you'd want your best players to start, hence the outrage. Although Montoya and Adriano are equally good/bad in my eyes.

Mathieu wins us two vital matches against Real and Celta and gets benched for a big match underperformer CB. Certainly a logical decision. :rolleyes:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mascherano has been struggling with a small injury lately according to Catalan media, which was covered up by the club so I guess that's the reason Mathieu has started recently as Mascherano would've started had he been fully fit.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Well, ideally you'd want your best players to start, hence the outrage. Although Montoya and Adriano are equally good/bad in my eyes.

Mathieu wins us two vital matches against Real and Celta and gets benched for a big match underperformer CB. Certainly a logical decision. :rolleyes:

Oh cmon Mascherano is having a great season playing as CB. He'll do just fine.

Home of Barca Fans