CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

StarLord

Well, ideally you'd want your best players to start, hence the outrage. Although Montoya and Adriano are equally good/bad in my eyes.

Mathieu wins us two vital matches against Real and Celta and gets benched for a big match underperformer CB. Certainly a logical decision. :rolleyes:

I agree.

Mascherano is simply too short to play at CB against anyone, let alone PSG with excellent players in the air. I do not like that move one bit.

DrPepper

Mascherano has been struggling with a small injury lately according to Catalan media, which was covered up by the club so I guess that's the reason Mathieu has started recently as Mascherano would've started had he been fully fit.

Blessing in disguise then... Just like with Paris missing Ibra. Maybe harsh but true. With Mascherano we wouldn't have won against RM and Celta.

Oh cmon Mascherano is having a great season playing as CB. He'll do just fine.

You forgot bolding the big match part. Either way, Mathieu is the better of the two and adds a goal + aerial threat that can be crucial, whereas Mascherano lacks in those two departments.

Kohe321

Can't wait to see setpieces against us tonight with Masch at CB. PSG have several players that can beat him in the air while standing on their toes.

Mathieu should've started. Montoya I'm sort of fine with, though I'd prefer Adriano.

StarLord

Can't wait to see setpieces against us tonight with Masch at CB. PSG have several players that can beat him in the air while standing on their toes.

Mathieu should've started. Montoya I'm sort of fine with, though I'd prefer Adriano.

Can't wait?

I am literally trebling at the thought!

Blaugrana Man

Man, these tough CL games make me nervous like fuck. I have been smoking like a chimney all day long...

:mathieu:

I know the feeling. I took today off and have been sitting on my back porch drinking and smoking like there is no tomorrow. If this game goes awry, I shudder to think what will happen to my liver.

That being said, I have a good feeling about our chances. Other than Monty, we have our "best" line up coming to play this evening. Mathieu has been playing well over the last few games, but Mascherano is a big game player and a field general. He had to start tonight. If our midfield can establish any sort of a foothold in this game, I'm confident our forwards can find the finishing necessary to secure the win.

If we can win tonight, regardless of scoreline, I like our chances to advance.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Blessing in disguise then... Just like with Paris missing Ibra.

You forgot bolding the big match part. Either way, Mathieu is the better of the two and adds a goal + aerial threat that can be crucial, whereas Mascherano lacks in those two departments.

But Mascherano is faster and better tackler and when PSG have players like Pastore and Lavezzi it's very important.

serghei

Standard line-up except Montoya. Montoya just has to avoid any kind of risks, he probably knows he has average technique by now, so he'll look to play it simple like always -- mostly sideways and back passes. The problem is on the defensive part, but hopefully, he'll do decent in 1 vs 1s.

StarLord

I know the feeling. I took today off and have been sitting on my back porch drinking and smoking like there is no tomorrow. If this game goes awry, I shudder to think what will happen to my liver.

That being said, I have a good feeling about our chances. Other than Monty, we have our "best" line up coming to play this evening. Mathieu has been playing well over the last few games, but Mascherano is a big game player and a field general. He had to start tonight. If our midfield can establish any sort of a foothold in this game, I'm confident our forwards can find the finishing necessary to secure the win.

If we can win tonight, regardless of scoreline, I like our chances to advance.

I think Mascherano is a better player than Mathieu, but he lacks the height necessary for a CB. I would rather have Mathieu in there.

Home of Barca Fans