CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Bobo32

JUST IN: Ronald Koeman is considering on using a different tactical approach tonight. A 3-4-3 formation: Ter Stegen, Mingueza, De Jong, Lenglet, Dest, Busquets, Pedri, Alba, Messi, Griezmann and Demb?l?

https://twitter.com/HagridFCB/status/1369700838084472836

I am quite positive towards this beforehand.
But I REALLY hope that Messi will play more as a regular midfielder then, with Griezmann and Dembele in front.
With a flat midfield of four, where Busquets and Pedri are lateral pivotes, and Griezmann, Messi and Dembele play as attackers, I think he is once again making the worst out of the material.

These players could easily be put in the usual 4-3-3 though...

Kul_z

I am quite positive towards this beforehand.
But I REALLY hope that Messi will play more as a regular midfielder then, with Griezmann and Dembele in front.
With a flat midfield of four, where Busquets and Pedri are lateral pivotes, and Griezmann, Messi and Dembele play as attackers, I think he is once again making the worst out of the material.

These players could easily be put in the usual 4-3-3 though...

I think it would be more like
Mingueza de jong lenglet
Dest busi pedri alba
Griez
Messi dembele
With griez more in the middle with huge amount of workrate.

Bobo32

I think it would be more like
Mingueza de jong lenglet
Dest busi pedri alba
Griez
Messi dembele
With griez more in the middle with huge amount of workrate.

Griezmann would just be in the way there, and the lineup would accentuate Busquets and Pedris weaknesses while missing all of their strengths.
Most of the play would go through Dest and Alba then, and they would have close to no alternatives with the ball.

I am not ruling this out as the way Koeman would line up, but with this lineup PSG really need to fuck up in order for Barcelona to do anything.

xXKonan

Koeman doesn't trust Umtiti anymore by the looks of it and he probably wanted another Right footed player in the back.

De Jong is going to be a sweeper.

behindbrowneyes

JUST IN: Ronald Koeman is considering on using a different tactical approach tonight. A 3-4-3 formation: Ter Stegen, Mingueza, De Jong, Lenglet, Dest, Busquets, Pedri, Alba, Messi, Griezmann and Demb?l?

https://twitter.com/HagridFCB/status/1369700838084472836

Already confirmed.

EwI13C7XMAAxGpQ

Home of Barca Fans