CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

PhilS

Modric out is a huge blow. Even without Pogba they have a formidable midfield, pretty much on par with Real's. I don't think Real will create many chances. Counters won't work against Juve, as Juve will not play gung-ho football. Real's hope will be set pieces, but Juve knows how to defend in those situations as well.

On the other hand, I can see Tevez and Morata hurting Real's defense. I predict a Casillas blunder actually to nobody's surprise.

Agree. We have seen that RM is a much lesser team when they are missing either James or Modric. RM has the worst defense and worst keeper of the 4 semifinalists. I'd rate RM-Juve no significant favorite.

Bayern is unfortunate having to face Barca over two legs instead of only a single game in Berlin. MSN are in top form, in any game any one of el Tridente can be the decisive player. The Bayern back four are not quick and agile enough. Bayern will not go through if Barca can play them even close to even in midfield.

I'm so glad for this matchup, this is as good as this sport gets. When Bayern gets their quick passing going on the attack, they are magnificent. Can even the Barca defense keep them in check over 180 minutes?

BBZ8800

People have done that ever since Pep took over, while Bayern is a briliant team, i have yet to see this invincible juggernaut that everyone keeps talking about. They are quite simply overrated.

That is because Bayern was the most consistent (statistically) team after our 2011' title.

2012:
-- semis: Barca, Chelsea, Real, Bayern
-- final: Chelsea:Bayern 4:3

2013:
-- semis: Borussia, Real, Bayern, Barca
-- final: Bayern:Borussia 2:1

2014:
-- semis: Real, Bayern, Atletico, Chelsea
-- final: Real:Atletico 4:1

2015:
-- semis: Barca, Bayern, Real, Juve

If Real had the era of Galacticos in 1998-2002, and if we had our Golden era from (2006-), 2009-2011, then in the last 4 years, Bayern is till now, the best team.
-- if Barca will win it this year, Barca-Real-Bayern will have 1-1-1 titles in post-Pep era
-- if Bayern or Real will win it, they will have 2 titles in the last 2-3 years, and they will be hailed as the best in the current era

For now, in the last 4 years, Barca have:
-- 3 semis (with the current one)

Bayern:
-- a win, a final, and 2 semis (with the current one)

Real:
-- a win, and 3 semis (with the current one)

Cold stats say that Bayern is till now the best team in post-Pep's era (Better both than Barca and Real in the last 4 years).
If we will win again, we could say that our 2006-2015 era is back with 4 titles.
But again, if Bayern or Real will win it, then we surely aren't the best CL team of this era. And our era is part of the history then.

raedkuwait

this forum is really something, we have the best player in the world fully fet i hope, the strongest fron 3 ever we will trash them bayarn dont have a chnace against us and there defence is not that great am so happy we got them in the semi , time to set things right as us being the best team in europe now bring it on cant wait for thr tie to start

Sent from my D5803 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

Rivaldo

We will take Bayern out. It will be a close match, but I expect us to tear their defence apart. Will be really interesting to see who can hold more possession though.

StarLord

Shameful post. Show a bit of respect and support for the club.
For wanking over pep and Bayern bayernforums are open 24/7

Couldn't put it better myself.

It's not that we do not respect or even fear Bayern! They are a formidable team alright, but the same applies for us as well. If anything we have had much better performances as well as results this season than they did. We have the GOAT, two awesome partners in crime in Neyboy and Suarez, an Iniesta that just has a knack of picking it up at when it matters the most, hard-workers in Alba, Pique, Rakitic, Mascherano and Alves, and we also have the (when fit and concentrated) brilliant Busquets.

We also have a big German keeper who would just love to get one over Neuer!

The team is on an incredible run and we must show faith. Anything is possible at this stage.

Patricho

As if Pep prepares his team to play counterattack? I honestly doubt that...

We kinda did that in our recent league match against Dortmund and it wasn't pretty. But that's mainly because of our injuries and the fact that Dortmund is toothless against teams that sit back. I don't think it's the right strategy against Barca.

Home of Barca Fans