CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Bertus

Haven't been following this thread, but I'll be surprised if there isn't the usual "bayern were just shit and barca were super lucky, real will beat us 29-0 in the final anyway"

Nope. But there are people saying bayern was not playing with its best squad, which is true.

Same thing I would have said here when we lost against them since it's true.

You can't deny Barca is super lucky with injuries this year compared to plenty of teams.

I'm gonna say it again, but to win the CL, you need to be strong and also lucky. Barca is both this year.

Now that said, I believe this Barca would have powned bayern even if they had their full squad, but that's just an opinion that can't be proven right ;)

Simmelbert

Nope. But there are people saying bayern was not playing with its best squad, which is true.

You can't deny Barca is super lucky with injuries this year compared to plenty of teams.

I'm gonna say it again, but to win the CL, you need to be strong and also lucky. Barca is both this year.

Now that said, I believe this Barca would have powned bayern even if they had their full squad, but that's just an opinion that can't be proven right ;)

you do not have to be super lucky with injuries, lucky would be enough^^

what happens to us this year is really unbelievable.

you can write a book about our injuries and not fit players :lol:

klc123

You don't get beat 3-0 just because you're missing a few first team players, mostly attackers, especially given the squad bayern have.

Barca haven't been lucky with injuries, we have had an acceptable amount of injuries.

Bertus

you do not have to be super lucky with injuries, lucky would be enough^^

what happens to us this year is really unbelievable.

you can write a book about our injuries and not fit players :lol:

Especially since it was said till this season that bayern had one if not the best medical staff.

You're unlucky, just as PSG was. That happens. Next year will be better, contrary to some extremists, I am a barca fan but I wish you the best because I don't like teams that are weakened because of injuries.

So I wish you the best ;), cheers.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lucho and his team have revamped the training system, implementing a lot of new technology and science. Due to this the technical team knows exactly how much each player can handle. Add to this Lucho's rotation game, and you have a fit and injury free squad at the end of the season. It's not just luck.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Lucho and his team have revamped the training system, implementing a lot of new technology and science. Due to this the technical team knows exactly how much each player can handle. Add to this Lucho's rotation game, and you have a fit and injury free squad at the end of the season. It's not just luck.

Exactly. I feel they don't get enough credit for this.

F

Flavia

Bayern had us confused since the beginning of the 2nd half until the goal. People here seem to deny that, as if the victory is meaningless if it's true. But whatever, I obviously have no say in it since I'm a closet madridista and I'm upset with Barca's victory. :lol:

Haha. That's probably because Barça dominated the 1st half, and neuer saved at least 2 goals. In the 2nd, looked like Pep wanted a clean sheet, and they were neutralizing our attacks, until Messi scored.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's a bit of fortune too. Sometimes all the training and all the fitness in the world cannot keep you away from injuries, as injuries sometimes, most of the time, are out of your control.

The credit for LE and his staff is the fitness level and rotations of the team, with a relative thin squad too, because make no mistake, Barca is a thin squad. One thing is to be fortunate enough to remain injury free, or at least avoid those major injuries, but another thing is to remain in form and in great physical fitness. Fortune perhaps on the former, definitely hard work on the latter.

klc123

Agreed.
I honestly can't stand some people on this forum.
We beat the second best team in Europe 3-0 and we're still not good enough/struggling. People forget about the 2 goals neurer prevented in the first half and say we were lucky. If the exact opposite happened people would be baying for luchos head saying how we were completely dominated and are a disgrace to football. No pleasing some.

serghei

Haha. That's probably because Barça dominated the 1st half, and neuer saved at least 2 goals. In the 2nd, looked like Pep wanted a clean sheet, and they were neutralizing our attacks, until Messi scored.

They had more possession in the 2nd half Bayern, but they weren't the more dangerous team last night in any moment of the game. Our off the ball game was almost perfect. This was more or less the replica of that 0-4 in 2013, except it was us who were doing the damage.

skn02

Especially since it was said till this season that bayern had one if not the best medical staff.

You're unlucky, just as PSG was. That happens. Next year will be better, contrary to some extremists, I am a barca fan but I wish you the best because I don't like teams that are weakened because of injuries.

So I wish you the best ;), cheers.

Luck may play a part but a huge part goes go Lucho and his training staff, there's no denying that. There's a reason why San Antonio Spurs always good in the playoff, although their players are a million years old, it's due to well managed minutes during the season which is exactly what Lucho has done. Give credit where it's due. Again, Luck only play a part, a huge part goes to the training staff and the manager for pulling this off.

There's also a lot about players dedication and motivation to stay healthy during the season, lifestyle plays a huge part in players fitness and a well prepared body can withstand better knocks and what not..... So staying away from injuries aint just about luck, it's a HUGE part of athletes career to stay healthy and avoid injury. There's a reason why some athletes are more prone to injury than others, it's not just luck, its about how they manage it.

Look at Messi early of his career for an example, Messi in his early days was extremely injury prone but then he dedicated himself completely and vowed to never be injured again, and look what happened. Obviously there's some sort of injury that you can't avoid, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

It's a bit of fortune too. Sometimes all the training and all the fitness in the world cannot keep you away from injuries, as injuries sometimes, most of the time, are out of your control.

The credit for LE and his staff is the fitness level and rotations of the team, with a relative thin squad too, because make no mistake, Barca is a thin squad. One thing is to be fortunate enough to remain injury free, or at least avoid those major injuries, but another thing is to remain in form and in great physical fitness. Fortune perhaps on the former, definitely hard work on the latter.

Yes, they've done brilliantly in that regard.

Home of Barca Fans