CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Leo_Messi

Prudence should be the key word here. No matter how better we were in the first leg, how much better we are this season we can't underestimate any team out there especially not Bayern at the Allianz Arena in a CL-semifinals return leg.

I would like us to play with the illusion of the first game having ended 0-0. In short we should simply go out there and try to win. 1 goal alone would force Bayern to score at least 5 goals.

An interesting statistic before the game. If my memory serves me right we have never conceded more than 3 goals during the span of a game this season under Lucho. If I recall only PSG and RM have managed to put 3 past us. Both during games that were played away from home.

Devils

Prudence should be the key word here. No matter how better we were in the first leg, how much better we are this season we can't underestimate any team out there especially not Bayern at the Allianz Arena in a CL-semifinals return leg.

I would like us to play with the illusion of the first game having ended 0-0. In short we should simply go out there and try to win. 1 goal alone would force Bayern to score at least 5 goals.

An interesting statistic before the game. If my memory serves me right we have never conceded more than 3 goals during the span of a game this season under Lucho. If I recall only PSG and RM have managed to put 3 past us. Both during games that were played away from home.

And we scored in both of those games too. :)

I don't have a single nerve about the game tomorrow. I can see the possibility of Bayern winning the game, but I absolutely cannot see them winning with the margin that they require while at the same time shutting us down in front of goal.

StarLord

Yes, we must forget the 3-0 scoreline, that game is over now (even though it still registers in the tie of course) and we have to play as if we have no big advantage. No team is ever unbeatable, and Bayern Munich have shown great potency on their own patch, albeit against lesser opposition. Still, with the league virtually wrapped up, we must leave everything on the pitch come Tuesday night, just like we did in the first leg.

Edit: Those two losses came at the early stage of the season in which we were for weaker than we are now.

Leo_Messi

And we scored in both of those games too. :)

I don't have a single nerve about the game tomorrow. I can see the possibility of Bayern winning the game, but I absolutely cannot see them winning with the margin that they require while at the same time shutting us down in front of goal.

Exactly. 2 goals and 1 goal respectively. We could have scored more in those 2 games although at least RM were better overall in the first leg. That was a different team though although it "only" occurred in October.

I have to admit that I have a few nerves. It's football and stranger things have occurred. More than anything I fear a stupid referee decision or a senseless decision by one of our players. I am talking about a silly committed penalty or a red card.

I could live with another 1-1 result like during the 2008-09 season. We also won the first game clearly (4-0) and took the speeder off in the return leg.

Yes, we must forget the 3-0 scoreline, that game is over now (even though it still registers in the tie of course) and we have to play as if we have no big advantage. No team is ever unbeatable, and Bayern Munich have shown great potency on their own patch, albeit against lesser opposition. Still, with the league virtually wrapped up, we must leave everything on the pitch come Tuesday night, just like we did in the first leg.

Edit: Those two losses came at the early stage of the season in which we were for weaker than we are now.

I agree. Now that the Altético game is not that important anymore we can go all in theoretically speaking. At least until we score once or twice. A win would be good which is what I am hoping for although the priority should be to just advance without a silly red card (that would mean a suspension) or injuries.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,4]
Bravo
Alves-0-Pique-0-Mascherano-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-Rakitic-0-Iniesta-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Strongest lineup. This will also be a good test for possible CL final.

StarLord

[formation=barca,4]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Obviously. There is no other way to play this upcoming game. Only doubt maybe Vermaelen in place of Messi :vermaelen:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
[formation=barca,4]
Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Strongest lineup. This will also be a good test for possible CL final.

This, but with MatS instead of Bravo.

M

monamou

We're so close it's unbelievable. CL emotions are the best ones. Just watch this, says it all.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
On their way to Munich this morning.

Img7732687_n.jpg

Img7732685_n.jpg

Img7732684_n.jpg

Img7732677_n.jpg

Img7732673_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans