CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

xavi_the_Boss

Well, it all depends on the way he made such a statement. If he said something in the vain of: "We will try and do our best, even though we know that it is almost impossible" then I think it's OK. But if he said something like: "We know that we can beat them 4-0" then he is truly stupid.

No he said he hopes that Bayern wins 4:0.Nothing wrong with that.

StarLord

Well I mean what do you expect him to say? "Theres no point in even trying we lost", we've left all out knock-out round opponents in this position where they know they have two options, play a stale ass game and save the embarrassment or try to attack and get back the 0-7 from 2013.

Or they can pray to the heavens that they get Man City's luck from the return leg. How that game finished without us scoring at least 6 is still a great mystery to me.

No he said he hopes that Bayern wins 4:0.Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I guess that it is.

Devils

This is the full interview:

Comeback: "In Barcelona we played very well for 77 minutes. We defended very well. We had no other choice at the Camp Nou. We made a couple of mistakes and then it was 3-0. But here we're playing at home and we're strong with our fans behind us. We have a chance. We can score three goals and do something significant in extra time."

Bayern's plan: "We're going to start strong. The Augsburg game hasn't dented our confidence. I'm sure we'll score goals, play a good game and make it to the final. That's the plan."

Three centre-backs: "Against Barça you need to be very careful. It's dangerous to play with three defenders, but we have experience playing like that. The manager will decide and we'll have no problem adapting. That's a minor detail. We could even change it during the game."

Messi: "We all know that Messi is brilliant. We know how good he is. We wanted to mark him, but sometimes he does nothing for the whole game and then pounces on you in an instant. But Barça are not just Messi. We can't let him score any more goals tomorrow."

Failure: "I think winning the Bundesliga is enough. Winning just one title isn't the best thing there is, but how many titles did Barça win last year? It's good to be the German champions. We've reached the semi-finals of the other two competitions. It's a good season whatever happens. We wanted and we still want more, but overall it's positive."

I have no issue with him saying he hopes to win 4-0. But his jibe against us for winning nothing last season is laughable.

StarLord

He also says that Messi: "sometimes he does nothing for the whole game and then pounces on you in an instant."

I thought that Messi was taking them to the cleaners in that game, especially in the first half. The of course, he did pounce.

gatsu

To bad we will trash them again tomorrow.

As for the game, Pep showed us the way to defend last week, and it's through possession football, hope we will adopt the same approach and destroy them on every counter chance.

StarLord

lol all this talk reminds me of this last year....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27136704

I remember when people were saying that Bayern was playing "like Barcelona" back then, many in fact still say so. I just had to laugh at that. Having high possession percentages does not in any way make you play like Barcelona. Even at our lowliest, our passing was several magnitudes more intricate, artful and creative than Bayern's peak. Bayern had other strengths though.

Sunny Mir

xavi_the_Boss said:
They didn´t score since about 5 hours or so.Hope it continous.

And they are talking about scoring 4 goal tomorrow so casually against a side that hasn't conceded in 7 games. Not saying that they can't do it but it will be hard to keep MSN quiet.

Leo_Messi

Guys in all honesty what are those Bayern players supposed to say to the media? That they will lose? I recall that a few of our players also were hopeful (correct me if my memory is weak here) of us turning that 4-0 defeat around before the return leg. Of course to us as fans it sounds silly but they are professional footballers.

I personally don't really dislike Bayern but rather respect them as a club as they are similar to us on many fronts and their fans and club have a dislike of RM too due to old rivalry. They have a few dislikable players such as Müller, Neuer and Ribéry etc. but most of their other players are quite respectable.

In any case we should not care what they have to say. Let the football speak tomorrow.

A win would be a good thing but reaching the final is the most important thing. Preferably without any suspensions (read red cards) or injuries.

EDIT: In fact I would enjoy seeing Müller cry. God, I can't stand that guy. At least on a football pitch. Talk about a punchable face.:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans