CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Rafinha

If it were Guardiola this forum would have exploded. :lol:

And Rafinha was not saying that - or did not say it in the context. When do people stop to believe in quotes when they have not heared the full context. It is called journalism today if you just take a part of a sentence - sometimes even turn it around - and use it.

Rafinha was asked about Bayern's season and how much success it would be to only win one tournament (the Bundesliga) at the end of it. And he just told that it would be pretty normal even for the big clubs (and then he took you and Real Madrid and the last season) as an example.

That was no mocking...

Once we have all our starters I think we'll win the CL regardless of whether its juve or madrid.

It is a knock-out match. They have to be played first - especially if it is just one leg. Let Juve have an early first goal - and then parking the bus - maybe even have them score another one on the counter - and then they can win.

It is different with Real - Ancelotti has not realised by now what weaknesses Kroos has or what he should not ask of him. I remember an interview with Heiko Herrlich (the U17 coach of the German FA then) that when he wants to play on the side of van Bommel he has too learn what defense is, too. He still loves to go ball watching 8 years later...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And Rafinha was not saying that - or did not say it in the context. When do people stop to believe in quotes when they have not heared the full context. It is called journalism today if you just take a part of a sentence - sometimes even turn it around - and use it.

Rafinha was asked about Bayern's season and how much success it would be to only win one tournament (the Bundesliga) at the end of it. And he just told that it would be pretty normal even for the big clubs (and then he took you and Real Madrid and the last season) as an example.

That was no mocking...

Maybe it is more subtle than what some of us had thought, but it is still a snub. I mean, why bring us up? He could have stopped at "it would be pretty normal even for the big clubs" and made his point without bringing us up.

Even so, his analogy was deeply flawed. La Liga is much more competitive than Bundesliga. It is relatively harder for any team to win trophies given the competition.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

That was no mocking...

Poor Bayern players, their words are ALWAYS twisted to make them polemical, every single one of them, this is persecution to make them look bad :(

skn02

The atmosphere generated in the Allianz Arena will be extremely hostile and intimidating.I was quite shocked watching BM win over Porto in the previous round as it was so intense.

Two teams have already crumbled under these conditions (although Shakhtar had an early red), it was very impressive.

We should be wary, it's not going to be an easy ride.

Don't try to suggest that Allianz Arena will be more intimidating or hostile than Bernabeau. RM fans even throw shits at our players if it tells you that much. Our players are well prepared and motivated to win this game no matter what.

mssarm

It will be very tough game tomorrow regardless. Bayern is going to press flesh and bones for first 15-20 minutes. We need to play like we did with Atleti. If they score early we might have problems, but if we score one Lucho can field his grandmother and it won't matter.

blastandburn

The atmosphere generated in the Allianz Arena will be extremely hostile and intimidating.I was quite shocked watching BM win over Porto in the previous round as it was so intense.

Two teams have already crumbled under these conditions (although Shakhtar had an early red), it was very impressive.

We should be wary, it's not going to be an easy ride.

I'd actually agree with you, Allianz Arena bring a different atmosphere however I'm seeing the angle that there are a lot of Bayern star players who couldn't play in this match, which could be the advantage of Barca

SKS-

Bayern have lost a few games in a row now, they will be highly motivated to give it their all against Barca at the AA.

At the very minimum, for extra time, they require three goals without reply. It will be extremely difficult for Bayern to accomplish this given how lethal Barca have been on the counter. Thus, I don't think Barca will let this slip away, I fully expect to advance to the finals.

In regards to the game, only an early goal by Barca could turn the game into a route, otherwise I think it will be close, something like 2-2, 3-2.

raskolnikov

Bayern have lost a few games in a row now, they will be highly motivated to give it their all against Barca at the AA.

At the very minimum, for extra time, they require three goals without reply. It will be extremely difficult for Bayern to accomplish this given how lethal Barca have been on the counter. Thus, I don't think Barca will let this slip away, I fully expect to advance to the finals.

In regards to the game, only an early goal by Barca could turn the game into a route, otherwise I think it will be close, something like 2-2, 3-2.
Which is why its key to score early and kill of any hopes they might have about turning things around.

serghei

90 mins. on the Allianz is a long time to go. Heck, we scored our goals in a 20 mins. spell. I hope we don't go into the game trying to defend the lead like Porto tried to do.

Egert

Estonian Culé
90 mins. on the Allianz is a long time to go. Heck, we scored our goals in a 20 mins. spell. I hope we don't go into the game trying to defend the lead like Porto tried to do.

Nah, we won't play like Porto. 1st we are better and 2nd we will probably be going for an away goal :)

Interlop

In football everything is possible. I would not park the bus, but let them take the ball and display that high defensive line so we can hit them on the counters. Hopefully, Suarez will bury those chances.

raskolnikov

In football everything is possible. I would not park the bus, but let them take the ball and display that high defensive line so we can hit them on the counters. Hopefully, Suarez will bury those chances.

Pep knows this perfectly well, I dont see what other choice he has though, he needs to risk it since they need many goals.

beogatts

i cant b too optimistic but if i replayed previous games against other high performance team (PSG, atletico, RM, Man City, valencia) this season, i have no worry of this match.
save ur loud voice & roar for this game.:rockon:

Home of Barca Fans