CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
it's been that way for years there. part of their tradition now.

who was it that said lewandowski ''won't hang about''? i found that comment funny because of the extreme arrogance.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It seems to me that the ability to spurt out garbage has become a prerequisite of anybody who aspires to join the Bayern board/associated with the Bayern management. Uli, KHR and now Beckenbauer.

You forgot to mention Breitner.

Also, Uli is untouchable. He doesn't give irrational interviews (most of the times), like Killer-Kalle or Beckenbauer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is lots of truth to Beckenbauer statement . Without messi Barca is a different team that lacks real edge . I mean everyone is waiting for messi to do something and when he is marked or having a bad day the team suffers and we saw that every season . No one seems to be stepping to the plate and taking charge including Neymar and suarez . In fact if you remove messi factor Barca (in my view) will be lucky to be in third place in la liga . Messi is a gift from God and we will never realize how important he is when he retire .

On the bright side , this game will be amazing with another 3.0 . No team can play an open game against barca and Bayren have no choice but to do that . Expect early goals from barca

Yes, without Messi we are a notch down, but by no means are we just "an ordinary" team Beckenbauer accused us of being. There is no point in debating that.

What really surprised me is Beckenbauer's seemingly profound lack of understanding of football:

“Without Messi, Barcelona would only be an ordinary team, which was the case two years ago when Bayern destroyed Barca (7-0 on aggregate in the Champions League semis) when the Argentine wasn't playing well.”

He thinks the difference between Barca of current and Barca two years ago was just a fit Messi. How stupid is that? I am not even going to talk about our excuses two years ago, :lol:, but In the last two years a lot has changed. We play differently, Messi's role is different, we have other options that we did not have before. As if everything else remains the same as 2 years ago and just with a fit Messi, we will be able to able to beat Bayern 3:0 at home and accomplish the other things we did this season. No way.

Tsk, task, Beckenbauer, I had thought better of you before. I hope this is just the typical pre-game trash talk, you should be better than this.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys I'm up for like 15 hours now.
Do I try and go live till the match start or do I get this 4 hour rest with the danger of not being able to wake up for it? HALP

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You forgot to mention Breitner.

Also, Uli is untouchable. He doesn't give irrational interviews (most of the times), like Killer-Kalle or Beckenbauer.

Yeah, Ryu.

As to Uli, I do remember him talking trash a couple of years ago (had nothing to do with Barca though), I just don't remember the exact incidence.

mehdimike

Wish i'll be alive and see the Post-Messi Barcelona :neymar:
But till now,this is FC Messi for me:xavi:
U controll messi and u win else u lose:messi:

Sunny Mir

6 Ballons for Messi said:
Guys I'm up for like 15 hours now.

Do I try and go live till the match start or do I get this 4 hour rest with the danger of not being able to wake up for it? HALP

U gotta sleep for at least 3 hours because of we win u ain't sleep for a while again because of the buzz of reaching the final.

On another note I have a feeling that Ney is coming to open the score for us today.:neymar:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
U gotta sleep for at least 3 hours because of we win u ain't sleep for a while again because of the buzz of reaching the final.

On another note I have a feeling that Ney is coming to open the score for us today.:neymar:

That's so true.
Ok then, I'm off to bed.
Cya(hopefully) in 4 hours cules!

M

monamou

I think we'll be fine tonight. My only fear is Lucho overthinks it and pulls a Busquets-Mascherano in midfield. It's supposed to make us defend better, but we always look the weakest with it.
Don't think he'd put Mascherano at DM after the performance he put in as a CB in the first leg.

Leo_Messi

Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff and Beckenbauer should really stop barking all the time in the media and quit embarrassing themselves more than necessary with silly comments.

From Maradona's nonsense comments recently to Beckenbauer now.

Almost as good as Cruyff claiming that the current "El Tridente" will never work.

Kohe321

Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff and Beckenbauer should really stop barking all the time in the media and quit embarrassing themselves more than necessary with silly comments.

From Maradona's nonsense comments recently to Beckenbauer now.

Almost as good as Cruyff claiming that the current "El Tridente" will never work.

Yeah, the interviews they do where they obviously want to say something controversial in order to make headlines only ends up making them seem slightly desperate to stay relevant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I must say I am getting really nervous. Allianz is truly a different beast, Bayern outscored their opponents 16:1 at the various stages of CL this season, I think.

The first 25 minutes or so will be very crucial for us, they will seek as much possession as possible and press the hell out of us when we have the ball, from then on they will try to launch waves of attack. Definitely no 3 men defense for them tonight.

On the other hand, I am getting quite greedy: Not only do I want us to go through, I also want us to play well. Will be very relieved if the final score line is something like 3:2 or 3:1, but won't be happy.

Kohe321

I must say I am getting really nervous. Allianz is truly a different beast, Bayern outscored their opponents 16:1 at the various stages of CL this season, I think.

The first 25 minutes or so will be very crucial for us, they will seek as much possession as possible and press the hell out of us when we have the ball, from then on they will try to launch waves of attack. Definitely no 3 men defense for them tonight.

On the other hand, I am getting quite greedy: Not only do I want us to go through, I also want us to play well. Will be very relieved if the final score line is something like 3:2 or 3:1, but won't be happy.

Don't worry, I highly doubt they can keep us from scoring. I'm fairly certain we'll bag at least two goals tonight seeing how offensive they need to play. I'm having us as slight favorites to win the game. 1-2 or 2-3 is a realistic scoreline in my opinion.

Unless MSN goes completely bonkers and score even more... :barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans