CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Jägermeister

The good thing is that now the next opponent will not be stronger than today.
I believe that now after Bayern is eliminated, we do have a really good chance to get this title.

Simmelbert

Congrats to Barca. Imagine in Robben and Ribery were fit! It would've been a tie to end all ties. Barca's defense was kind of weak (as was Bayern's). Would've been even more of an absolute goalfest.

Yes. I hope we will see this setup again in the next years.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not about being harsh on bayern or not. We have to look at the big picture here. Lucho is one of the most pragmatic coaches, he always tries to defend the lead whenever possible. Ensuring the fitness of our players and a win obviously. Sometimes it backfires, like the one against sevilla. Whenever he subs of one of our front three opponent does not fear anymore and they start to push. With our players being relaxed mistakes happen and we concede goals.

But because of this and his rotations our players will still be fit until CL final. Same can't be said about real madrid.

Berlin, there we go! :barcaflag: Still sad that we lost, but under these circumstances, I understand that the players took the foot off the gas pedal to not risk an injury, but what matters is that we're in the final to win our 5th UCL! VISCA EL BARÇA!

beogatts

You cna't be serious, as if Barca did it on purpose to not be harsh to bayern?

Yeah right. Barca just couldn't do more tonight, that's all.

If Barca could have scored 4 more, they would have done it.
football world doesnt just involve players n managers. There is always politics & money involved. It culd b possible for barca to get respects from the audience. Just my opinion.

I was assuming bayern did their hardest to win. But i didnt see barca try harder in the 2nd half wch i believe they try to avoid injuries or to stay fit.
Thhey always lost focus whhen they try to do this.

utility73

Again, there was absolutely nothing smart about the extent to how much Barça was actually revving down after the lead.
Bayern actually had so many good chances that they could have made 1 or 2 goals more with only a tad more luck.
And what then? It would have been extremely difficult to step it up again in such a situation. We should have invested at least that much more in the game to not let Bayern dominate to such a degree in the second half.

So nothing wrong with taking it a bit more easy...but not like that. And Lucho had a lot to do with it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
football world doesnt just involve players n managers. There is always politics & money involved. It culd b possible for barca to get respects from the audience. Just my opinion.

I was assuming bayern did their hardest to win. But i didnt see barca try harder in the 2nd half wch i believe they try to avoid injuries or to stay fit.
Thhey always lost focus whhen they try to do this.

We are not that good at sitting back. Plus masch and pique made mistakes when the pressure was too much.

Catalan Fan

Just catching up with the comments on here tonight, some of which are quite ridiculous.Anyone would of thought we actually lost the tie and had been knocked out !

It was never going to be easy to get a positive result here tonight, but thankfully we have the best top 3 in the world, who effectively killed the tie in the first half.

Job done, treble still very much ON.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just found out that Suarez might be injured, so lucho might have actually wanted to dominate the match but with suarez out he chose a safest route which will ensure players fitness.

blaugrana1987

Im all for taking foot of the gas when opponent has to score 4, but not at the half time. Bayern were unlucky, but we could have scored few more ourselves.

Busi and Iniesta were simply artrocious today...like they were transported to 2013.

dakt

I have a feeling like we are not going to the finals beacuse of this defeat. What a shitty game from us.
Why? When they had chance, they ***** us couple of yrs ago. RM went full throttle on them last year. But we! We have to act like we are playing against fucking Getafe. Embarrassing to watch.
I don't care if it was a tactics or a trade to save Pep's ass. Arggdfghfhdhh..

StarLord

The good thing is that now the next opponent will not be stronger than today.
I believe that now after Bayern is eliminated, we do have a really good chance to get this title.

Well, one of our potential rivals in the final beat BM 0-4 on their home patch the last time they met. How can you make such a confident claim?

Home of Barca Fans