CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Antimadridista1

Congratulations guys ! Berlin here we come.
MSN and Ter Stegen were truly amazing ! Hope that Luisito isn't injured.
Didn't really appreciate the second half and I hope that they really eased down the rhythm because they want to win the title at the Calderon on sunday.

Richard.H

What a fuking horrible return leg. Now I'm seriously worried about the final. Both RM and Juventus can take us to the cleaners if we perform like today.

M

monamou

Don't think there's a better team than Bayern at the moment ... besides Barca obviously! It was no shame to lose especially that we've already went through in the first leg in the players' minds.

dakt

Because Real are not in top form and I rate Juve lower than Bayern. I don't say it will be easy, but when we bring our a-game I don't see any of those two beat us.

Because of that "Real are not in top form attitude", we will lose in finals. You are wrong in thinking that this "crippled" RM isn't able to take us down. Also, there are about 20 days till the finals...enough time for RM to "regroup" and win their 11th CL trophy.

gatsu

What a fuking horrible return leg. Now I'm seriously worried about the final. Both RM and Juventus can take us to the cleaners if we perform like today.

The team was in "don't want to make any effort" mode after the second goal, and it's perfectly logical, we still have a copa and a liga to take.

With Barça it's been like that for years after securing a match, no surprise here, we will be more than ready for the final.

Now let's hope that Juve will trash uncle perez team.

Barcilliant

If we perform like this -yes.
BUT I don't think we will be this poor.

Our midfield is sub par with Iniesta. Thiago bossed tonight.

ebc_99

We won the tie in the first half and took it easy in the second. I would have preferred we tried for a few more goals but we need all our players fit so it made sense not to risk a high tempo second half.

Stric

What about Suarez and Neymar? They performed better than messi today

This is why I am obviously the resident naysayer. Neymar gets the praise for burying the chances (supposedly that's why), yet Messi somehow performed worse, although he was the one who set up both chances, brilliantly. That's a very shortsighted way of looking at it and many fans and viewers are unfortunately the same way.

F

Frejsgodes

A lot of ungrateful and spoiled folks in here. How about just enjoying the fact that we're in another final instead of bitching and moaning about us not beating Bayern tonight. As far as I'm concerned it was pretty even until we decide to take a foot off the pedal. Be happy about that.

Altomonte

Just found out that Suarez might be injured, so lucho might have actually wanted to dominate the match but with suarez out he chose a safest route which will ensure players fitness.

Let's hope Suarez' hamstring injury is not too serious. We need him, such a difference when Pedro plays instead. Too bad Neymar missed the pass to Messi at the end, 3:3 would have been prettier.
I hope Messi will come back strong after a few days of rest - he looked tired but probably he felt that he did not need to work too hard and expose himself to more hard tackles, given the total score. There was no need to embarrass Pep any further ...
As to Bayern, they showed the fighting spirit that is Germany's trademark in important games. However, our team did not have to try as hard and it showed in the second half. Let's hope they will show again full intensity in the final.

dakt

Anyway, big, big respect to Bayern. They are just brute force in today's football. Excellent physical strength and endurance, great sync in attack...and also technically team is amazing. Respect.

Home of Barca Fans