CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
3rd CL Final with Barca since BarcaForum was launched 7 years ago.
Things didn't look good for us in 2008 but here we are.. Living through Barca best years in history

:veryhappy:

StarLord

Bayern is playing since weeks with about the same team - partly 120 minute matches. Some of them were long time injured and just came back from injuries.

At the weekend they played 75 minutes with 10 men.

And the Bundesliga is more physical than the EPL is. All teams run their asses off.

It is tough for them all...

You don't get my point. I am not saying that BL teams do not run, I am saying that Bayern (due to their superiority in their league, which is vast) can strategically pick and choose when to put in the effort, safe in the knowledge that the league title is theirs. They can always save their best for the only title that is of any importance to them, the CL. This is not the case when your league rival is Real Madrid and breathing down your neck (or conversely, we are chasing them down) We have to fight for wins all the time. Bayern does not care most of the time.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

We are in the fucking CL final, zero reason to complain people. Very close to winning a treble, most fans would kill for their club to be in that position now.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
That is how we play if we do not give a fuck. The players deserve to decide if they care about a win here because they gave their all in the first tie to decide the tie.
Silverware is coming, the result today does not really matter.

Stric

Anyway, big, big respect to Bayern. They are just brute force in today's football. Excellent physical strength and endurance, great sync in attack...and also technically team is amazing. Respect.

I agree, massive respect. To both the team and Guardiola.

Barcilliant

Anyway, big, big respect to Bayern. They are just brute force in today's football. Excellent physical strength and endurance, great sync in attack...and also technically team is amazing. Respect.

This. I can see them dominating next seasons Cl. I think they will need to get some replacements for Robben and Ribery.

Jägermeister

Because of that "Real are not in top form attitude", we will lose in finals. You are wrong in thinking that this "crippled" RM isn't able to take us down. Also, there are about 20 days till the finals...enough time for RM to "regroup" and win their 11th CL trophy.

I never said we will surely win the title. I said that we have a good chance to do that and why is it wrong to be optimistic after we eliminated one of the big favorites?
It is just an opinion. Lucho and the team will surely have a 100% professional approach to that final. But we as fans can afford to think as I do.

M

monamou

We've won every knockout stage game prior to today. That's a great achievement. Berlin awaits!

StarLord

We are in the fucking CL final, zero reason to complain people. Very close to winning a treble, most fans would kill for their club to be in that position now.

That is 100% correct. But still our performance was not good tonight and we should acknowledge the fact.

I am still unsure if tonight's display was down to complacency or fatigue. Or both.

raskolnikov

That is 100% correct. But still our performance was not good tonight and we should acknowledge the fact.

I am still unsure if tonight's display was down to complacency or fatigue. Or both.

Energy saving mode along with Bayern being one of the strongest teams in the world who kept fighting.

serghei

IMO, I think it was a sign of respect between two huge clubs that we didn't try to humiliate them. We could have done that both now and in 2009, but chose not to. Bayern didn't show us the same courtesy two years ago.

F

Frejsgodes

Is it just me hoping that Real Madrid goes through to the final tomorrow? Only thing bigger than our previous treble would be beating Real Madrid in the final completions the treble. Messi scoring in the final and for a second time beating Ronaldo in a CL final would then be the icing on the cake.

It's a huge risk since it could also mean our worst defeat in club history, but it would be worth it.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Is it just me hoping that Real Madrid goes through to the final tomorrow? Only thing bigger than our previous treble would be beating Real Madrid in the final completions the treble. Messi scoring in the final and for a second time beating Ronaldo in a CL final would then be the icing on the cake.

It's a huge risk since it could also mean our worst defeat in club history, but it would be worth it.

Hell no.

Home of Barca Fans