CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Yannik

I'm not gonna go on Bayern forums or anywhere screaming that we won, I don't participate anywhere else than here pretty much, BUT I will not refrain from answering any idiot BM fan talking shit about Barça :)

and they will do that aswell some years later, as soon as they have the upper hand again. I dont know who you're basically referin to in this forum that was "talking shit about Barca", i think not even Ryu did that. But in the end you will probably end up pissing off more "innocents" than the loud minority of people who were actually shit-talking back then or now.
And by that you encourage all of them to do just the same with Barca-fans later. In the end noone gains anything from that, everyone is just temporarily wasting his time.

DennyCrane

And rightly so, if really Robbery plus Alaba and Lewa are missing one or even both ties, which it most certainly looks like atm. You cannot stomp a leper into the dust in a kickboxing match and proclaim yourself world champion afterwards.

Maybe, but an injury crisis of such an extent as currently with Bayern doesn't come out of thin air. All things considered, one could also think that up until this point Lucho managed his resources better than Pep and can now yield the reward for it, which in itself is a tangible accomplishment as well. Excluding the Lewa situation, naturally.

This isn't ideal of course and I generally prefer when both sides meet each other at full strength; but honestly when does that ever happen ? Barca vs Bayern in 08/09 was basically a no contest due to your team being stuck with a questionable coach and some downright crap players; but so was the last occasion when the two teams played against each other, mostly because Barca was in shambles at that point due to a variety of reasons. And yet, both occasions generated a merited winner. And so will this tie.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Maybe, but an injury crisis of such an extent as currently with Bayern doesn't come out of thin air. All things considered, one could also think that up until this point Lucho managed his resources better than Pep and can now yield the reward for it, which in itself is a tangible accomplishment as well. Excluding the Lewa situation, naturally.

That is indeed a very interesting question, especially with all the Müller-Wohlfahrt drama. Many of us suspected BVB of training just wrong or that it had to do with them losing that very renowned fitness coach whose name I don't remember right now.
MAybe Pep and his stuff simply demand too much in training when it comes to running and pressing? Rushing players back from injury also doesn't help a lot I suppose... MW was always a proponent of taking things "slowly"...

FCBayern

Who did you play by now? Shaktar and Porto :lol:

hasn't the mighty Shakhtar upset you in Camp nou a few times in your best years? Just saying'
On the other hand scoring a combined 13 goals to these teams at home, or against any CL team at that stage, deserves respect.

Yannik

What do you mean "even"? :lol:
I don't remember ever talking crap about Barca. :)

nah i was just referring to you as the often labelled enfant terrible of the Bayern section. I have never seen you talking shit about Barca, thats why I said you dont do that. :D

footyfan

Calma, calma
More like 50-50. Barca has still everything to play for while Bayern only needs to focus on Barca.
Fitness played a large factor in our last meeting.

I have no sympathy for Bayern having so many injured players because this is part of football (some of it is their own doing with internal struggles between coach and medical staff) and they also faced Barca when the Catalans were at a low point in 12/13. But c'mon dude, you can't really deny that Barca are clear favorites here. They have the better players for the semi-final, have established tactics and a constant XI, are in better form and have looked better throughout the season. Arguably, they are also the hungrier and more motivated side, whether it's because of the lack of trophies last season or to avenge the humiliation from the last meeting between these two teams.

This game is just not 50/50. It would be an upset if Bayern beat Barca imo.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
hasn't the mighty Shakhtar upset you in Camp nou a few times in your best years? Just saying'
On the other hand scoring a combined 13 goals to these teams at home, or against any CL team at that stage, deserves respect.

No, those words can NEVER be preceded by the word "Bayern", not after that 2nd leg in 2013, not from Barça fans at least. :)

Funny the BM fans joining in right now to say anything bad they can about Barça and defend Bayern.

Icarium

Lifestealer
What do you mean "even"? :lol:
I don't remember ever talking crap about Barca. :)

You are one of the good bayern fans, maybe you overrate bayern players too much sometimes but that is acceptable.

Anyway i see some bayern fans signings up lately, i hope they continue to post after the match too. This forum needs to have more of non-barca supporters.

F

Flavia

I have no sympathy for Bayern having so many injured players because this is part of football (some of it is their own doing with internal struggles between coach and medical staff) and they also faced Barca when the Catalans were at a low point in 12/13. But c'mon dude, you can't really deny that Barca are clear favorites here. They have the better players for the semi-final, have established tactics and a constant XI, are in better form and have looked better throughout the season. Arguably, they are also the hungrier and more motivated side, whether it's because of the lack of trophies last season or to avenge the humiliation from the last meeting between these two teams.

This game is just not 50/50. It would be an upset if Bayern beat Barca imo.
51/49 then? :p

Bayern have Pep. He knows Barça very well, and he's also a better coach than Enrique. That's a problem. I think it'll be really close, no upset if Bayern win.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we lose the first leg, that would be biggest disappointment of this season. It is a matter of how many goals we score, if it is only one goal lead we will make things complicated in the return leg. Then our chances seriously drop. 3 is a comfortable lead, but we need at least 2 goals lead going to alianz arena. Pep was never good at away matches, we should be able to win the match easily unless we fuck up real bad.

FCBayern

No, those words can NEVER be preceded by the word "Bayern", not after that 2nd leg in 2013, not from Barça fans at least. :)

Funny the BM fans joining in right now to say anything bad they can about Barça and defend Bayern.

Actually I am not saying anything bad about Barca, I just replied to a post which was funny, like comparing we beat thus you beat that, etc.
as I said earlier I have high respect for Barca and what they represent in football. And having Pep as an ambassador makes things easier:p

Home of Barca Fans