CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Where do you get that information from ?
I haven't seen anything about Benatia being a doubt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great, Ribery can still not even walk. So much for him featuring against Barca.

Lewa, Robben, Ribery, Alaba, Badstuber, Benatia in bandages. Awesome.

Does Bayern still use the doctors from the II team now?

Ryu, do we have more information on the fallout between Bayern and Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Does Bayern still use the doctors from the II team now?

Ryu, do we have more information on the fallout between Bayern and Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt?

No. His big revelation, which he said would come at some point, is still on hold.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Why was everyone saying that he had good chances of making the semis? Crazy stuff. As for Benatia, I have not found anywhere on the net referring to any new injury.

Well, you need to improve your German apparently. :p

I dunno... I don't get his injury anyways. 7 weeks ago, he was said to be out for 3 days. 3 fucking days...

Vlom

I was checking on the bayern forum, didn't see benatia's topic being active.

On a side note, we are overly polite towards Bayern fans here compared to how each and every single barça fan that expressed an opinion there got trashed and insulted with no restrain whatsoever.

Kudos to us, I guess :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

On a side note, we are overly polite towards Bayern fans here compared to how each and every single barça fan that expressed an opinion there got trashed and insulted with no restrain whatsoever.

Which Bayern forum? BZ is a fine place, as long as you don't troll and show your respect, they treat you better than they treat some of their fellow Bayern fans. :p

StarLord

We are overly polite in respect to all non-Barca fans. Politeness is good, but we go overboard with reverse psychology and excessive modesty. We also tend to underrate most of our players while hyping other "hipster" favorites.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are overly polite in respect to all non-Barca fans. Politeness is good, but we go overboard with reverse psychology and excessive modesty. We also tend to underrate most of our players while hyping other "hipster" favorites.

There is nothing wrong with showing respect and be polite to one another, fellow Barca fans or not. Rating Bayern, Bayern players/non-Barca teams and their players highly has nothing to do with these fans' presence here though, it is not that we are trying to placate them so we intentionally butter them up by saying we are inferior etc., those sentiment would be expressed regardless whether they are here or not, as many of us Barca fans are pessimistic.

Vlom

I still don't get the pessimism, it baffles me actually.

We're in our best form, Bayern in their worst, so basically you believe that in the best possible conditions we're still not capable of defeating them ? Why don't we just switch to being Bayern fans then :lol:

If we're not the best team in the world now, I don't know when we will be really.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

We're in our best form, Bayern in their worst, so basically you believe that in the best possible conditions we're still not capable of defeating them ? Why don't we just switch to being Bayern fans then :lol:

If we're not the best team in the world now, I don't know when we will be really.

I am not sure about the bolded part. We are definitely doing better compared to last season and our attack line looks really good, but we are not without problems. Having watched the game against Getafe live, I remember our defense was easily penetrated and almost got exposed at least twice if it weren't for the woeful finishing of the Getafe players. And without Busquets in the second half, our midfield was dominated and we could barely get out of our half for 15 minutes.

Bayern is not in their worst form, they lost some of their best players, however their remaining players are more than capable of causing harm. They are not playing badly. It is still 50-50 regardless. Of course we are capable of defeating them. The reverse is true too. Football is not played on paper, anything can happen.

You can't just tell those of us who are exercising with a bit of caution to become Bayern fans. :lol:

StarLord

I tend to be optimistic, who wouldn't be? :messi: :suarez1::neymar: But we cannot be sure that Bayern are really in such dire straits. Sure they will be missing some of their very best players, but still, some of their bad domestic games I think are down to indifference on their part (not sure about that though) But if they play anything like they did at the Dragao in the Camp Nou, they are getting monkey-hammered. My fear is that because of their absences, they will park the bus and try to hit us on the counter and with set-pieces. While we have been far better this season in defense, I still harbor a deep-rooted fear of such situations. The Chelsea horror-show from 2012 is still alive in my memories.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I tend to be optimistic, who wouldn't be? :messi: :suarez1::neymar: But we cannot be sure that Bayern are really in such dire straits. Sure they will be missing some of their very best players, but still, some of their bad domestic games I think are down to indifference on their part (not sure about that though) But if they play anything like they did at the Dragao in the Camp Nou, they are getting monkey-hammered. My fear is that because of their absences, they will park the bus and try to hit us on the counter and with set-pieces. While we have been far better this season in defense, I still harbor a deep-rooted fear of such situations. The Chelsea horror-show from 2012 is still alive in my memories.

I'd like to see what Luis Enrique's answer to the challenge our midfield will be facing vis-a-vis Bayern's midfield is.

xavi_the_Boss

I am not sure about the bolded part. We are definitely doing better compared to last season and our attack line looks really good, but we are not without problems. Having watched the game against Getafe live, I remember our defense was easily penetrated and almost got exposed at least twice if it weren't for the woeful finishing of the Getafe players. And without Busquets in the second half, our midfield was dominated and we could barely get out of our half for 15 minutes.

We played with our back ups in defense and in midfield besides busquets.Dominated in midfield?
Maybe because we also took Xavi of for Pedro and played with rafinha,Roberto and messi in midfield.

Vlom

Bayern is not in their worst form, they lost some of their best players, however their remaining players are more than capable of causing harm. They are not playing badly. It is still 50-50 regardless. Of course we are capable of defeating them. The reverse is true too. Football is not played on paper, anything can happen.

You can't just tell those of us who are exercising with a bit of caution to become Bayern fans. :lol:

Hehe I'm just joking about the become Bayern fan part, hope you didn't take it badly mate.

What I mean is, we are in perfect condition, we're the best team in europe right now, if we lose we lose, but every barça fan should be expecting us to go through, for me it is 50-50 with both teams at full force, Bayern is far from being impressive this season, especially against big teams, so I don't get the hype our very own fans are giving them.

But I guess that's just me, may be last seasons have left us with some trauma and we went from overly optimistic to barely thinking we deserve to be in a champions league final, for me, every year we're not in a champions league final is an anomaly, we're either the best team or at worst 3d best team in the world depending on our form (form include messi-dependance, injuries, clueless manager, ..).

And about getting exposed in defense against getafe, that means nothing since it won't be Bartra-Matthieu against Bayern, but Piqué-Masche (aerial problem is not even a problem if their attack is gotze/muller), and unless Piqué has brainfart after brainfart, and with the 3 biggest goal treats from bayern missing, we should be just fine, you are buying into the argument every anti-barça fan is spewing that "barça defense is weak, they only have the offense" which is just absolutely not true, we should know that by now.

Home of Barca Fans