CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

MessiNeymar

Is there a typical Bayern fan? I think that every fan group has their share of as...h...s

Well if you look on Bayern Forum Barca vs Bayern thread, there are a few Barca posters and all Bayern fans abuse them and talk shit so it seems to be a norm for them. Weird because we are nice to Bayern fans here

Devils

Looking at the Bayern forums they seem pretty pissed off and act like typical Bayern fans to fans from other teams. Look forward to when we thrash them

They are a club whose season is determined by the CL. If they fail to win it, their season is deemed a failure. These days the bundesliga title may as well be given to Bayern in September, makes no difference.

It would make it worse now that they lost their league cup. It would break them.

Kerrybai

It must suck following Bayern. Winning the German league is literally not an achievement right now. La liga might be a 2 horse race but at least its never a 1 horse race.

XaviMessiGirl

Well if you look on Bayern Forum Barca vs Bayern thread, there are a few Barca posters and all Bayern fans abuse them and talk shit so it seems to be a norm for them. Weird because we are nice to Bayern fans here

To be fair, a couple of those Barca fans that are being abused would qualify as trolls here... I mean, one of them in their first post calls a prominent member clueless and expects to be treated nicely? If a Bayern fan (or fan of any club) came here and did that in their first post they would be banned for trolling.

But yeah, in general this place is a lot more tolerant of other clubs' fans than most other forums, which is something I like. As well as lack of insults in general.

It must suck following Bayern. Winning the German league is literally not an achievement right now. La liga might be a 2 horse race but at least its never a 1 horse race.

There have been other times. And even if it sometimes looks that easy cause the results look like it - the Bundesliga is not really that easy for a ball possession team with a high line against a lot of teams with an exceptional workrate and a lot pressing. The high injury rates we have in German football - not only at Bayern right now where there is hardly any muscle injuries but a lot of bad luck or injury prone players - are a result of football that got a lot more intense in the recent seasons. I follow the running data that some homepages provide since some years and when the best Bayern players in that category had to make 60 intensive runs 3 seasons ago - it is up to 90 runs today.

But I enjoy the football Bayern plays a lot as it is not only the results I am looking for. And from a tactical point of view, especially when you look for formations, changes of tactics or when you do not just look for the ball carrier but for the off the ball movement, too - the Bayern matches are very interesting.

What Bayern sets apart right now is especially their mentality. They do not loose the matches that happen prior or after CL matches against minors like a lot of the big clubs in Europe do. The matches you think you can win with only 80% - and until you remark that this does not work the game has developed in a way that you cannot change it anymore. Or luck does not want to go your way anymore. Football has a lot to do with luck, too - or with the mentality to force your luck.

It will not always be like this. Sooner or later Bayern will get back to be the normal sloppy big club again who might be superior to all of the other clubs (like they have been all of the recent 20 or 30 years) - but that is less concentrated or has inner problems with coach, dressing room or whatever - and will loose more matches. Until then I enjoy what we have right now.

I am a Bayern fan since the 70s when I was a child. I have seen other times even if Bayern always was a contender for the title.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

It will not always be like this. Sooner or later Bayern will get back to be the normal sloppy big club again who might be superior to all of the other clubs (like they have been all of the recent 20 or 30 years) - but that is less concentrated or has inner problems with coach, dressing room or whatever - and will loose more matches. Until then I enjoy what we have right now.

I know exactly what you mean, but don't you think that by now the way is paved for this to never happen again ? Bayern has changed a lot in recent years and so has the mentality of your players, and it doesn't seem to me that there's gonna be a relapse into the FC Hollywood days.

Djab

Was exploring the web and sneaking through some forums of bayern such as Bayernzone and Bayernforum and after reading some of their idiotic posts I just really want us to win. Not a hammering or something like that but winning at both pitches would be delightful and it would shut the mouths of cunts bringing up seven up or this sort of bullshit.

The majority of their fans are pretty much likeable and truely respectable but some of them are quite astonishingly and discustingly some hairy cunts.

The thing is that they even with no Lewandowski, Robbery, Alaba and with a really inferior Götze and some others are still a catastrophically hard nut to crack. Will see what will happen at the proper time.

Wednesday can't come any sooner...

StarLord

I know exactly what you mean, but don't you think that by now the way is paved for this to never happen again ? Bayern has changed a lot in recent years and so has the mentality of your players, and it doesn't seem to me that there's gonna be a relapse into the FC Hollywood days.

It's mostly about money, and Bayern have much more of it than any other German club. Unless some authority intervenes in how money in football is distributed (or how football in general works) then we can safely expect professional football to be ever more oligopolistic and one-sided.

It's mostly about money, and Bayern have much more of it than any other German club. Unless some authority intervenes in how money in football is distributed (or how football in general works) then we can safely expect professional football to be ever more oligopolistic and one-sided.

The question was not about money. Money does not win you things - it just makes it easier.

But answering the question of DannyCrane:
In the last few years Bayern made a lot right with their team building and the transfers. But that is not only ability but luck, too. Right now it looks like Bayern will have a good core in the next future, too - even when the current leaders will be gone. But you never know what will happen...

i_bleed_blaugrana

:lol:

12 goals in two games.

How in the hell is Bayern going to be able to handle that?

These last two games have me feeling very confident and excited for Wednesday. I'm gonna feel bad for Pep tho if it's like 3-0 going into half time but then again, this is what happens when you go against the Family...

edit: 14 goals in 2 games lol, even further illustrating the point.

F

Flavia

:lol:

12 goals in two games.

How in the hell is Bayern going to be able to handle that?

These last two games have me feeling very confident and excited for Wednesday. I'm gonna feel bad for Pep tho if it's like 3-0 going into half time but then again, this is what happens when you go against the Family...

14 goals. But it was against Getafe and Cordoba.

Devils

The last we conceded was against PSG right? And that was a OG too. Seems like forever ago lmao.

We are peaking at the best time possible. Our form is unreal!

Home of Barca Fans