CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't think Bayern has what it takes to defeat RM in a final with modric bale and benzema back, they are basically build to destroy possession based football, we'll have to take care of everything ourselves, no two ways about it.

Richard.H

Kind words, sir. Please proceed :)

We'll be hitting 1000 posts here by Wednesday!

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic and that's fine and dandy but nothing I said is false. Inter forums were notoriously bad during that tie and karma is a bitch since their team is huge shit now. Redcafe is decent since there are a few RM and Barca fans there. Although you get the occassional troll posts there with no mod intervention. Bayern fans in general have quite an elitist attitude. Not sure why it's a surprise to some members here since this is known throughout Germany also.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I certainly hope so, but I don't know if our players are as pumped up by the desire of revenge as us fans.

By the way, let's keep on praying, Kyle. :) :barcascarf:

I'm gonna join the praying too!
I sure hope that we can show Bayern fans who is the better team this season. I really don't like their supporters, at least on their forums :)

cmsy27

If we win they're just gonna say it's because they have so many injured players :p If we don't win, well, I don't even want to think about that. I didn't like Germany in the WC and I don't particularly like Bayern for the same reason. There's an undercurrent of arrogance predominantly among the German players that I find thoroughly distasteful. Not to mention I also rewatched the highlights of the 2013 match and it. was. horrible. We must go through and give RM a good beating, too. Unless of course Juve manages the upset we're all hoping for :)

mssarm

The strange things will happen this Wednesday: Mourinho will cheer for Barca:handshake: and Florentino Perez will cheer for Pep Guardiola.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If Pep is smart, he will play something like this:

[formation=red,6]
Neuer
0-Benatia-0-Boateng-0-Lahm-0
Rafinha-0-0-0-0-0-Bernat
0-Schweinsteger-0-0-0-Alonso-0
0-0-0-Thiago-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-Götze-0
0-0-0-Müller/Lewandowski-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Their best chance of getting a good result is to nullify Messi and the only player who can do that in their squad is Lahm. For me, if Lahm is anywhere else besides at LB/LCB, Bayern will be in trouble. They will learn that it's a lot harder to contain him then it was when he was a false 9. Especially with how well he cuts in from right to center, only Lahm can anticipate his movements and have the quickness to keep up with him.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If we win they're just gonna say it's because they have so many injured players :p

But it is the same among almost all sport's teams and sport's fans.

1. when your team wins:
= fans of XX/any team team usually "forget" if they had the help from referees, if the opponent had injured players or if you won by a luck against the run of play
2. but, WHEN your team LOSES with any of this scenarios (injuries, referee's help, a lucky goal), then fans of that team will whine about that forever.

Just an example:
= imagine a Barca-Real Champions league final with these 6 scenarios and how would our forum react in any of these scenarios:

1. Barca wins 1:0, but Real played without injured Ronaldo
= over time, Barca fans would forget that Ronaldo didn't play and we would hail our "awesome" and well deserved win over our arch enemies
-- we wouldn't ask too many questions about the win, right? We would "probably" win against them even Ronaldo, because we are just "better"

-- Real fans, on the other hand, would whine forever how they played without the best player
-- our win was undeserved, they would say

2. Barca wins 1:0 from a non-existent penalty in the 90th minute
= we would say that the penalty was existent, and that our win was deserved. Our player was slightly pulled in the box, and there was at least slight contact
-- Real fans would say that this was an Uefalona trophy

3. Barca wins 1:0 after a counterattack, after Real had 10:2 shots on goal in total
= Barca's fans would soon forget how Real trashed us on possession and shots on goal, and we would say that this is how we wanted to play: to give them possession and to kill them from 1-2 deadly counters from our attacking trio
-- Real fans would say all the time, that we won like Chelsea in 2012, and how a much poorer side won the trophy
-- this was a lucky and undeserved win

Now, let's turn everything to the opposite direction:
4. Imagine Real winning 1:0, and Barca played without Messi who injured himself before the final
= Real fans would hail their, the best team ever, which won the 11th title, and which is the first one ever to achieve back to back titles
-- our fans would whine: omg, we were so unlucky, we were again struck with injuries in key moments, and we would have never lost if we had fit Messi, right?

5. imagine Real winning 1:0 after a penalty on Ronaldo, faking the foul
= Real fans would say that there was a contact and that everything is fine
-- our fans would whine how Penaldo faked again, and how this is a clear robbery and we would whine and build a myth/alibi for the next 20 years, how this win is undeserved

6. imagine if Real wins 1:0, after we will control all the match, after we will have 80:20 possession, and 10:2 in shots, and we concede a goal after one counterattack or a after a corner kick in the 88th minute for 0:1:
= Real would hail their heroes who knew how to play counterattacks and who knew how to neutralize our possession game
-- while we would whine how the best team in the world lost, and how we were insanely unlucky in the most important game of the Season

So, it is not like that only Bayern's and Real's fans have these stupid excuses.
I mean, we are selling the story how we lost 7:0 because of injuries, lol.
I mean, you can lose 2:0, 3:0 or even 4:0 because of injuries, but you can't concede 7, lol.

When we lost in 2012 against Chelsea, we are building a myth that we were much better, and lost only because of a bad luck.
We also lost because of a bad luck against Inter's Mourinho.
We were "unlucky" last Season both in La liga and in a CL.
(So, we had both/either a bad luck, referees against us and a lot of injuries, both in 2012, 2013 and 2014, right, lol?)

So, whenever we are crap, we find excuses for our team, just like any other team.
But when we win against an injured team=well, it doesn't matter. We would have won either way, lol.
Or, when we win with a referee's help=we would also win either way.

So, imo, every forum and some fans of each club are full of crap and insane bias, and finding some silly excuses for every defeat (Ronaldo's knee for example).

++ Another example of bias and turn-off of any logic:
-- when I say that we played 8 matches against Bayern and that we won only 1 match in history
= people say that the past doesn't matter, and that each new match has nothing to do with a history

And then, 2 posts after my post, some our fans write how Bayern is poor in away matches in the last 2 Seasons, lol :slap:
-- so, a history counts for nothing when it doesn't fit us
-- and when history about Bayern's matches with some random other teams WHO are NOT Barca, also from a history (last 2 Seasons) fit us, suddenly that fact how Bayern is poor on away matches is relevant

I mean, searching for logic and unbiased reasoning on fan's forums before semifinal and final matches is just too much to ask, lol.
Our forum may be better than forums from other's teams, but ours is also filled with tons of insanely biased posts.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I hope they line-up with Schweini and Alonso. They are terrible together.

With how shot they are with injuries, they don't really have much of a choice. Thiago could always start out a bit deeper but for the most part, he'll be the most advanced MF, thus my line-up.

Tiny Kim

1. when your team wins:
= fans of XX/any team team usually "forget" if they had the help from referees, if the opponent had injured players or if you won by a luck against the run of play
2. but, WHEN your team LOSES with any of this scenarios (injuries, referee's help, a lucky goal), then fans of that team will whine about that forever.

Just an example:
= imagine a Barca-Real Champions league final with these 6 scenarios and how would our forum react in any of these scenarios:

= over time, Barca fans would forget that Ronaldo didn't play and we would hail our "awesome" and well deserved win over our arch enemies
-- we wouldn't ask too many questions about the win, right? We would "probably" win against them even Ronaldo, because we are just "better"

-- Real fans, on the other hand, would whine forever how they played without the best player

= we would say that the penalty was existent, and that our win was deserved. Our player was slightly pulled in the box, and there was at least slight contact

3. Barca wins 1:0 after a counterattack, after Real had 10:2 shots on goal in total
= Barca's fans would soon forget how Real trashed us on possession and shots on goal, and we would say that this is how we wanted to play: to give them possession and to kill them from 1-2 deadly counters from our attacking trio
-- Real fans would say all the time, that we won like Chelsea in 2012, and how a much poorer side won the trophy

4. Imagine Real winning 1:0, and Barca played without Messi who injured himself before the final
= Real fans would hail their, the best team ever, which won the 11th title, and which is the first one ever to achieve back to back titles
-- our fans would whine: omg, we were so unlucky, we were again struck with injuries in key moments, and we would have never lost if we had fit Messi, right?

-- our fans would whine how Penaldo faked again, and how this is a clear robbery and we would whine and build a myth/alibi for the next 20 years, how this win is undeserved

6. imagine if Real wins 1:0, after we will control all the match, after we will have 80:20 possession, and 10:2 in shots, and we concede a goal after one counterattack or a after a corner kick in the 88th minute for 0:1:
= Real would hail their heroes who knew how to play counterattacks and who knew how to neutralize our possession game
-- while we would whine how the best team in the world lost, and how we were insanely unlucky in the most important game of the Season

So, it is not like that only Bayern's and Real's fans have these stupid excuses.
I mean, you can lose 2:0, 3:0 or even 4:0 because of injuries, but you can't concede 7, lol.

When we lost in 2012 against Chelsea, we are building a myth that we were much better, and lost only because of a bad luck.
(So, we had both/either a bad luck, referees against us and a lot of injuries, both in 2012, 2013 and 2014, right, lol?)

So, whenever we are crap, we find excuses for our team, just like any other team.
But when we win against an injured team=well, it doesn't matter. We would have won either way, lol.

So, imo, every forum and some fans of each club are full of crap and insane bias, and finding some silly excuses for every defeat (Ronaldo's knee for example).

-- when I say that we played 8 matches against Bayern and that we won only 1 match in history
= people say that the past doesn't matter, and that each new match has nothing to do with a history

And then, 2 posts after my post, some our fans write how Bayern is poor in away matches in the last 2 Seasons, lol :slap:
-- and when history about Bayern's matches with some random other teams WHO are NOT Barca, also from a history (last 2 Seasons) fit us, suddenly that fact how Bayern is poor on away matches is relevant

I mean, searching for logic and unbiased reasoning on fan's forums before semifinal and final matches is just too much to ask, lol.
Our forum may be better than forums from other's teams, but ours is also filled with tons of insanely biased posts.

Damn you and your perfect logical reasoning. :lol:

cmsy27

1. when your team wins:

Just an example:

I don't think anyone can argue with your post ;) If only everyone were as reasonably logical as you are, there would be a heck of a lot fewer stupid posts around.

But let me make myself clear. I wasn't one of those people who discounted Bayern's win as undeserved because we had many injured players. Injuries are part of football and all teams know they run increased risks if they keep fielding the same players without smart rotations. Luck does play a part, but I would say it plays a fairly negligible part, at least when results are taken over many years (i.e. a team may be having a bit of an unlucky year, but all teams have their fair share of unlucky years over time). So therefore, since I don't think injuries are reason enough to excuse your team's bad performance, I don't like the fact that if Bayern loses to us this time they'll simply blame it on missing key players.

In summary? I absolutely agree with you.

Well, isn't this what Barca fans are doing about 2012-13? I mean it's not as if it's not legitimate.

I was just stating a fact :) But in fact yeah, no, as I said above I don't think it's a legitimate excuse.

Last edited:

Alik

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic and that's fine and dandy but nothing I said is false. Inter forums were notoriously bad during that tie and karma is a bitch since their team is huge shit now. Redcafe is decent since there are a few RM and Barca fans there. Although you get the occassional troll posts there with no mod intervention. Bayern fans in general have quite an elitist attitude. Not sure why it's a surprise to some members here since this is known throughout Germany also.

I don't think he was being sarcastic :p

BBZ8800

I don't think anyone can argue with your post ;) If only everyone were as reasonably logical as you are, there would be a heck of a lot fewer stupid posts around.

But let me make myself clear. I wasn't one of those people who discounted Bayern's win as undeserved because we had many injured players. Injuries are part of football and all teams know they run increased risks if they keep fielding the same players without smart rotations. Luck does play a part, but I would say it plays a fairly negligible part, at least when results are taken over many years (i.e. a team may be having a bit of an unlucky year, but all teams have their fair share of unlucky years over time). So therefore, since I don't think injuries are reason enough to excuse your team's bad performance, I don't like the fact that if Bayern loses to us this time they'll simply blame it on missing key players.

In summary? I absolutely agree with you.

I know, sorry, it wasn't about your post.
I needed to quote "something" to write that post.
:thumbsup:

Home of Barca Fans