CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Faceless

No more faces at night
Would Martinez be a better option than Schweinsteger? Martinez with Alonso.
Or would you guys take Alonso off and have Martinez and Schweinsteger?
Or leave it as Alonso and Schweinsteger?

If I were pep I would keep Alonso and Schweinsteiger. Martinez is feels unconvincing for me.

ManusXavi

Martinez with Schweinsteger would be a bit of a risk wouldn't it with that pairing not playing together lately.
Team Chemistry would be risked.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Martinez with Schweinsteger would be a bit of a risk wouldn't it with that pairing not playing together lately.
Team Chemistry would be risked.

Anything is a risk. He knows our moves and we know his moves. I say his biggest dilemma is the defense. Dante or no Dante? Lahm in defense or in midfield?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Anything is a risk. He knows our moves and we know his moves. I say his biggest dilemma is the defense. Dante or no Dante?

What? That is not a question Pep is asking himself. Benatia and Boateng will both be able to play from the looks of it.

Kohe321

Getting hyped watching Camp Nou videos. This one from the recent el clasico was great, I get the chills every time watching these!

[youtube]Bg73qrj4HQc[/youtube]

It's two more days until the game, and I'm already thinking about it way too much. Excited and nervous at the same time :bounce: :dance: :nervous: :barcascarf:

Last edited:

Asylum15

If Pep is smart, he will play something like this:

[formation=red,6]
Neuer
0-Benatia-0-Boateng-0-Lahm-0
Rafinha-0-0-0-0-0-Bernat
0-Schweinsteger-0-0-0-Alonso-0
0-0-0-Thiago-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-Götze-0
0-0-0-Müller/Lewandowski-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Their best chance of getting a good result is to nullify Messi and the only player who can do that in their squad is Lahm. For me, if Lahm is anywhere else besides at LB/LCB, Bayern will be in trouble. They will learn that it's a lot harder to contain him then it was when he was a false 9. Especially with how well he cuts in from right to center, only Lahm can anticipate his movements and have the quickness to keep up with him.

Schweinsteiger is also capable of stopping Leo IMO, WC final being an example, and also in 2012.

cro-man

So much pressure against us. The press and almost everybody believes that we will smash bayern only because they are missing few players. When I look a their squad I see a defense which is better than ours and a midfield which could easly break ours. Their offense is maybe not as good as ours but this game will be won by the team who better defends . We improved very much in defending still there a moments where our defense breaks to easily and only one situation like that could mean a goal and every goal will hunt us even if we win at the camp nou.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is not just pep returning to camp nou, it the reunion of pep and lucho. Safe to say they terrorized opponents defenders together.

OH! The buildup.. so excited...

Edit: the youtube plugin doesn't work

Yannik

If Lewa plays then this is absolutely desperate. I can not think of the shítstorm there is, when his condition gets worse in the game. This is absolutely not the seriousness i am used from Bayern.

Yannik

Or maybe that is. But he would honestly fake anything necessary, to avoid being on the sidelines in that match. He might only be under the influence of strong painkillers. Whatever it is, I just hope it doesnt backfire on him.

Home of Barca Fans