CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Yannik

I agree wholeheartedly with starlord. They are only missing Robben which they can't replace, Ribery been utter shit this year anyway, not like he would have made a difference even if he played. As for Alaba, Bayern squad is deep enough and they have players to replace him. So really, the only player Bayern cannot replace are Robben, and only ROBBEN. End of story, stop trying to pile up excuses already. Barca situation in 2013 was just as bad if not worse.

hmm okay

View attachment 6827

StarLord

Your reasoning and judgement, as always, are absofuckinglutely mind-boggling.

I see Bayernista after Bayernista come in here and telling us outright that the only chance we have is because Bayern are missing players X, Y and Z.

It's as if when Alaba and Ribery are in there, opposition teams run for the hills as fast they can. What are you people trying to tell us here, that Alaba + Ribery are the super players or super decisive? They simply are not, you are only looking for excuses. You have no Messi/Suarez/Iniesta to miss out on, you have a very good squad that is fully interchangeable except Robben of course. Even Robben (by far your most dangerous player) is as about as decisive as 25% of Messi.

Real talk.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I agree wholeheartedly with starlord. They are only missing Robben which they can't replace, Ribery been utter shit this year anyway, not like he would have made a difference even if he played. As for Alaba, Bayern squad is deep enough and they have players to replace him. So really, the only player Bayern cannot replace are Robben, and only ROBBEN. End of story, stop trying to pile up excuses already. Barca situation in 2013 was just as bad if not worse.

You only agree because you seem to watch Bayern as often as StarLord: Almost never.
Ribery has been great this season compared to last, yet he has been injured a lot. And "as for Alaba", he is still the best LB on the planet and gives any team a completely new level of unpredictability since he also excells as LCB, OM, CM and LM.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I see Bayernista after Bayernista come in here and telling us outright that the only chance we have is because Bayern are missing players X, Y and Z.

It's as if when Alaba and Ribery are in there, opposition teams run for the hills as fast they can. What are you people trying to tell us here, that Alaba + Ribery are the super players or super decisive? They simply are not, you are only looking for excuses. You have no Messi/Suarez/Iniesta to miss out on, you have a very good squad that is fully interchangeable except Robben of course. Even Robben (by far your most dangerous player) is as about as decisive as 25% of Messi.

Real talk.

Real only in your own little world.

Speaking of Real, I wonder why Real were linked with a massive (in terms of money) Alaba move only a few months ago, since he is so mediocre, according to you.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Stats alone don't paint the whole picture though. "Shit" might be too strong of a word, but let's face it, Ribery of the 14/15 season has been no where close to his 12/13 season, not on the same level.

The fact of the matter is, Bayern did well without Ribery performing at the highest level he was on and Bayern did well without Ribery. So he won't be terribly missed like Robben.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Luft, Ribery has been shit in 13/14 and good in 14/15. Problem was, he rarely ever played.
You seem to be confused about those two seasons ;)

skn02

You only agree because you seem to watch Bayern as often as StarLord: Almost never.
Ribery has been great this season compared to last, yet he has been injured a lot. And "as for Alaba", he is still the best LB on the planet and gives any team a completely new level of unpredictability since he also excells as LCB, OM, CM and LM.

Best LB on planet? I would call him one of the best, but the absolute best LB on planet? NOT QUITE. You have to be really stand out and appear on another level against your opponents in the same position to be considered the absolute "best" which I don't see Alaba on another level. What I'm trying to say is, yes Bayern are missing some key players, so were Barca in 2013, just as many to be honest. The best thing for Bayern is that they have replacements for these players except Robben where Barca in 2013 don't, end of story.

Yannik

What are you people trying to tell us here, that Alaba + Ribery are the super players or super decisive? They simply are not
I hardly ever watch Bayern. I am Barca fan after all.
Real talk.

I'm kind of annoyed by these posts on this forum.
If you are actually not aware of your opponent ten stop trying to tell their fans what they should think or believe. Is there anyone SERIOUSLY thinking that Alaba and RIbery are not important at all?
I'm sick of this forum-fighting people.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Haha, I think I might have.

That's exactly the point though. Bayern did well despite him not playing much.

Thing is, on the right, we currently can field Müller, who is a competent replacement for Robben, on the left, we only have Götze to replace Ribery. Götze, quite frankly, has been a fucking disaster as left winger so far
(One of the reasons why I so strongl believe that we need Depay or Griezmann more than anyone).

King5Puyi

I just dont get why there are so many Bayern fans whining here. Injuries happen. It's part of the game. Move on. You can't seriously just keep putting up the same excuse over and over as if you're already defeated. The current Barca team in their full strength can take on a 101% fit Bayern.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Best LB on planet? I would call him one of the best, but the absolute best LB on planet? NOT QUITE. You have to be really stand out and appear on another level against your opponents in the same position to be considered the absolute "best" which I don't see Alaba on another level. What I'm trying to say is, yes Bayern are missing some key players, so were Barca in 2013, just as many to be honest. The best thing for Bayern is that they have replacements for these players except Robben where Barca in 2013 don't, end of story.

Name me just one who is at his level, let alone above him.
If your answer is "Alba", I will take you even less seriously than already and will refrain from any further conversations with you in the future.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I just dont get why there are so many Bayern fans whining here. Injuries happen. It's part of the game. Move on. You can't seriously just keep putting up the same excuse over and over as if you're already defeated. The current Barca team in their full strength can take on a 101% fit Bayern.

Yes, it would be an even match-up, 50-50. Right now, it isn't.

Yannik

Stats alone don't paint the whole picture though. "Shit" might be too strong of a word, but let's face it, Ribery of the 14/15 season has been no where close to his 12/13 season, not on the same level.

The fact of the matter is, Bayern did well without Ribery performing at the highest level he was on and Bayern did well without Ribery. So he won't be terribly missed like Robben.

no "shit" is definetely "too strong", even "bad" is too strong".
Its as "strong" as if we were saying Messi would be "shit" because the scores only 70 goals a year instead of his usual 90. Sure Ribery has dropped a bit, he is injured the whole time. Bayern did well without him against teams that they are supposed to beat, but this is Barca and Götze instead of Ribery is a huge difference

Yannik

yes of course they can. Who said soemthing else?

Home of Barca Fans