CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Simmelbert

I told you before, Robben is the real absence. Alaba and Ribery are not that critical.

In fact, all of your best players (the mighty XI against which Barca would be overwhelming underdogs according to most BM fans) played versus Shaktar in Lvov (when they were playing with 11 men) and let me just say that they did not prove very spectacular.

looooooool!

ribery was brilliant before his injurie, alaba is always perfect.

together it's the best let side in the world.

not critical? :lol:

King5Puyi

Yes, it would be an even match-up, 50-50. Right now, it isn't.

Earlier this season, BVB at one point had Marco Reus, Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gundogan missing at the same time. I'm sure you guys wouldn't have taken that to much stress.

The fact is, very simply put, Tough Luck. You gotta fight past it and look ahead. You're still a WC team.

Although I would agree Alaba is probably, if not, the best LB atm.

Thing is, on the right, we currently can field Müller, who is a competent replacement for Robben, on the left, we only have Götze to replace Ribery. Götze, quite frankly, has been a fucking disaster as left winger so far
(One of the reasons why I so strongl believe that we need Depay or Griezmann more than anyone).

Actually - we miss one winger especially if only 3 offensives are on the field. The two wingers with just the striker is something that Pep likes to field in away matches being cautious what I never really understood as the opponent parks the bus and then it does not work. The persons out of this forum should know about that with Pep - when Pep fields four offensives we have results like the 7:1 in Rome (and were working fine prior to Pep in away matches in the CL). If you look for the results in the CL in the last 3 years the guys with the most goals and assists are the prinzess (43), followed by Messi (30), Lewy (27) and Müller (26). Müller and Messi with less match time - the princess with a lot success against small teams.

Right now I see Rafinha as a lot more defensive capable than Lahm is. Fitness reasons. (Some often forget that he has not played the position for more than a year now - the WC is something different but I did not see him excel in the position there either). It can be that Pep plays Rafinha on the left in the back 3 and Lahm and Bernat as wingbacks. That makes a lot sense playing forward (and in a year probably better than Özil does ;)

----------

One thing - when it is about integration the Spanish players are great. Some weeks ago Alonso gave a great interview in German, yesterday Pepe Reina did - today Javi Martinez had his first press conference in German. They already speak better than Ribery does.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Three or four injuries at this stage is not uncommon.

Dont forget last time Barca played Bayern Masch/Puyol/Abidal were not fit enough to play the first leg while neither were Messi and Busquets despite being on the pitch.

Yannik

Three or four injuries at this stage is not uncommon.

Dont forget last time Barca played Bayern Masch/Puyol/Abidal were not fit enough to play the first leg while neither were Messi and Busquets despite being on the pitch.

if we count "unfit" players like Messi and Busquets who were still on the pitch, then bayern has around 8 injured players. Including the subs as you also listed Abidal and Puyol.
Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski, Martinez, Badstuber, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Benatia.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thing is, on the right, we currently can field Müller, who is a competent replacement for Robben, on the left, we only have Götze to replace Ribery. Götze, quite frankly, has been a fucking disaster as left winger so far
(One of the reasons why I so strongl believe that we need Depay or Griezmann more than anyone).

Thiago can play LW, I believe. So does Bernat. Can Weiser, who has been great on the right play on the left?

skn02

Name me just one who is at his level, let alone above him.
If your answer is "Alba", I will take you even less seriously than already and will refrain from any further conversations with you in the future.

Wow, really? Like I would take your posts seriously....smh.. You and your extremely biased posts in favor of Bayern as you think of mine. Alaba is absolute pivotal to Barca playstyle and if you watch Barca games ( which I don't expect you to, you're only here to defend Bayern regardless of the situation), you would know what I'm talking about. And look at the whoscored ratings by both players in CL and league. Alba in 8 games in CL, 7.39, Alaba 6 games 7.34. Don't try to tell me Alaba is THAT MUCH better than Alba. Plus I didn't even say Alba is the world best or better than Abala like you would suggest Alaba is better than every other LB in the world. Quite a few players are just as good as Alaba for their respective teams as Alaba for Bayern. Guys like Marcelo, Ricardo Rodriguez to name a couple are absolute monster for their respective teams. Only good thing for Bayern however is that they have very strong squad depth to replace a player like Alaba, sure not as good but not that bad either.

As for teams going at it with 100% full strength, don't kid yourself if you think it's a 50-50....Barca starting 11 are bar none the world best this season, Bayern may have better squad depth, but best starting 11, 50-50, like REALLY???

Last edited:

Alik

Where has Alaba been playing this season?

I was under the impression he had been moved from LB.

JamDav1982

if we count "unfit" players like Messi and Busquets who were still on the pitch, then bayern has around 8 injured players. Including the subs as you also listed Abidal and Puyol.
Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski, Martinez, Badstuber, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Benatia.

Ok I will count Xavi as well as he was only just back from injury.

So Xavi, Busquets, Masch, Abidal, Puyol and Messi.

Six to eight. Not a huge difference. Yet one is supposed to be a crisis and other was barely mentioned at time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
no "shit" is definetely "too strong", even "bad" is too strong".
Its as "strong" as if we were saying Messi would be "shit" because the scores only 70 goals a year instead of his usual 90. Sure Ribery has dropped a bit, he is injured the whole time. Bayern did well without him against teams that they are supposed to beat, but this is Barca and Götze instead of Ribery is a huge difference

Semantics asides, I think Ribery's importance to Bayern in the last two seasons can not be compared to that of Messi's. I think by now Bayern has gotten used to playing without its LW being Ribery against any team. We will see.

Home of Barca Fans