CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Yannik

Ok I will count Xavi as well as he was only just back from injury.

So Xavi, Busquets, Masch, Abidal, Puyol and Messi.

Six to eight. Not a huge difference. Yet one is supposed to be a crisis and other was barely mentioned at time.

What i mean is that Barca missed ONE starter really in Mascherano. There were some "unfit" players, just like Bayern, but at least they were actually on the pitch. At Bayern they are missing completely.

JamDav1982

What i mean is that Barca missed ONE starter really in Mascherano. There were some "unfit" players, just like Bayern, but at least they were actually on the pitch. At Bayern they are missing completely.

Masch, Puyol and Abidal if fit would have played ahead of Bartra.

So not one injury it was three.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can we all forget about the excuses of injuries from both Barca and Bayern and just play the damn games?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Can we all forget about the excuses of injuries from both Barca and Bayern and just play the damn games?

Bayern fans are scared and getting excuses out of the way ahead of time.

Remember bayerns massive catastrophic crisis is a big deal. When they beat us before it doesn't matter that a player and manager had cancer, we had several injured players etc.

Last edited:

hardyboy

Messi also missed the first leg.

JamDav1982

but you cant field 13 players.

Never said you can, but the fact is all three of them would have been picked before Bartra if fit.

So three injuries led to fifth choice CB being picked.

Whereas Bayern have an injury to a player and have a world cup winner or player deemed best young player in world a year ago to come in.

JamDav1982

What would you have as Bayern starting eleven if all fit?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The front three will be Götze Lewy and Müller, basically an upgraded version of Germany's World Cup winning front three and they are whining

skn02

Messi at 50%, dont ever forget that. On top of that, us Barca fans aren't even trying to discredit Bayern win in 2013, as they would have advanced anyway even with both teams going at it 100%....due to overly messi reliant, decline of our key players, messed up situation in whole Barca organization, on and on. Yes Bayern deserved to advance vs Barca in 2013, just not 7-0 better.

As of now, what I'm seeing is that Bayern fans are getting ready for their excuses in case Bayern fall short and trying to suggest that this Bayern team this year at 100% is 50-50 vs this Barca team at 100%??? MSN- arguably the best attacking trio in history of football, like really? Ok, if you think so, whatever floats your boat.

Yannik

Messi also missed the first leg.

the second you mean, yes he was, but he was rested on the bench because Barca had important league matches while CL was basically over. He could have still played if he had been subbed in, and if Barca had been leading 2-0 at halftime in the 2nd leg, then Messi would be the first player that the coach would have subbed in since theres a glimps of hope again

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Wow, really? Like I would take your posts seriously....smh.. You and your extremely biased posts in favor of Bayern as you think of mine. Alaba is absolute pivotal to Barca playstyle and if you watch Barca games ( which I don't expect you to, you're only here to defend Bayern regardless of the situation), you would know what I'm talking about. And look at the whoscored ratings by both players in CL and league. Alba in 8 games in CL, 7.39, Alaba 6 games 7.34. Don't try to tell me Alaba is THAT MUCH better than Alba. Plus I didn't even say Alba is the world best or better than Abala like you would suggest Alaba is better than every other LB in the world. Quite a few players are just as good as Alaba for their respective teams as Alaba for Bayern. Guys like Marcelo, Ricardo Rodriguez to name a couple are absolute monster for their respective teams. Only good thing for Bayern however is that they have very strong squad depth to replace a player like Alaba, sure not as good but not that bad either.

As for teams going at it with 100% full strength, don't kid yourself if you think it's a 50-50....Barca starting 11 are bar none the world best this season, Bayern may have better squad depth, but best starting 11, 50-50, like REALLY???

I like to believe I'm moderately biased in my opinions towards Bayern. You in turn, are extremly biased in your opinions about Bayern and Barca, just like StarLord.
Marcelo and Rodriguez are good LBs, no doubt, but IMO not the same level as Alaba. Uncle Perez seems to think so too, otherwise he would never have been interested in Alaba. I'm fairly sure that Uncle Perez knows quite a bit more about football than you do.

And yes, both teams at full strength would have been most definitely 50-50, now it's more like 70-30 Barca and Bayern would be lucky to somehow hold onto a draw in the first leg. I'm on record here declaring us to be the underdog and I truly believe we are.
But you and StarLord are just extremly arrogant when it comes to judging both teams, it's not even funny anymore.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans