CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah you completely missed the point where I said Bayern tremendously benefited by strengthening themselves.

Your reading comprehension is bullocks.

You cannot prove which was the main or possibly sole point of motivation for signing those players. Also, Lewa was hardly a "transfer". Your theory is still as water-proof as a sponge.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't think that everything Bayern players say is gold. The extent that people interpret these quotes are pretty much arbitrary. I think the Muller quote was probably the most harmless one out of the 3 but people made a big deal out of it. Personally, I think that what Muller said before about training and Bundesliga games was pretty stupid. A lot of what Kalle, Sammer, Beckenbauer, etc. say makes me legitimately cringe too and I just wish they would stop talking sometimes.

What do you mean by the last part?

Sammer is okay. Killer-Kalle and der Kaiser are much worse.

Devils

You cannot prove which was the main or possibly sole point of motivation for signing those players. Also, Lewa was hardly a "transfer". Your theory is still as water-proof as a sponge.

I never said there was a sole reason, I said it was BENEFICIAL to Bayern because they were getting immensely talented players AND they were also weakening competition. I never said it was solely one or the other. I've stated many times that it is a win-win scenario for them because of that.

Again, your reading comprehension is bullocks.

Yannik

Generally player release clauses are publicly available information. It's accessible to any media.

uhm

If you understand economics, it's not easier to see that this is just a classic case of a large firm (Bayern) with tremendous power in the market (which in this case the bundesliga) acted on a smaller firm (BvB) that was a known threat and contributed to the smaller firms demise. The large firm, tremendously benefits from this action, they eliminate the presence of a threat while strengthening themselves and ensuring they keep their position

This a pin-point explanation on why the Rakitic transfer could be seen almost as controversial as the transfer from already "known threats". Barca would in that case keep Sevilla to the ground and eliminate them before it even becomes a "perceived threat". In their position as the "large firm" this can be easily executed.

And when it comes down to "known" threats, well i think noone in this forum actually thinks that if Ronaldo was suddenly a free-agent then Barca wouldnt be trying to sign him. Barca simply cant sign Madrid players, because Madrid is too strong on the market. If they werent, then Barca would go for it. It's not their noble intention preventing them from doing it, its just their inability.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

I never said there was a sole reason, I said it was BENEFICIAL to Bayern because they were getting immensely talented players AND they were also weakening competition. I never said it was solely one or the other. I've stated many times that it is a win-win scenario for them because of that.

Again, your reading comprehension is bullocks.

That is a compliment I can give right back to you. Where did I claim that you said such a thing? Still you cannot prove what was the deciding factor for Bayern to make the respective move, most likely it was to strengthen oneself if the surrounding interviews are any indication, possibly it was even the sole motivator. That is what I said.

You think Bayern also happened to weaken their competitor yet you cannot field any proof that such thinking was even a factor for Uli, Killer-Kalle and Sammer. Mere speculation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think that everything Bayern players say is gold. The extent that people interpret these quotes are pretty much arbitrary. I think the Muller quote was probably the most harmless one out of the 3 but people made a big deal out of it. Personally, I think that what Muller said before about training and Bundesliga games was pretty stupid. A lot of what Kalle, Sammer, Beckenbauer, etc. say makes me legitimately cringe too and I just wish they would stop talking sometimes.

What do you mean by the last part?

By the last part, I mean was there a press conference where Bayern players came in droves to talk or they were being interviewed by the German press or something?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Ok, so I got the complete original sentence from L'équipe :

« Nous avons discuté quelques minutes à Zurich en janvier à l´occasion de la cérémonie du Ballon d´Or. C´est quelqu´un de très humble et de discret. Il réalise une carrière exceptionnelle. J´ai beaucoup de respect pour lui et pour tout ce qu´il réussit. Sur le terrain, le plus important si nous nous retrouvons face à face, c´est de faire preuve d´autorité et de montrer qui est le patron. C´est ce que j´avais fait en finale de la Coupe du monde et cela avait plutôt bien fonctionné (il sourit). C´est ce que je ferai mercredi soir. Il est capital d´avoir une position de dominant afin d´inspirer le respect à mon adversaire direct. Il faut savoir faire preuve de présence physique, de caractère et d´insouciance. »

"We talked a little bit in Zurich back in January in the BO ceremony. He's a discrete and humble person. He has an exceptionnal carreer. I have a lot of respect for what he's accomplished. On the field, the most important thing if we come face to face, is to have authority and show who's the boss. That's what I did in the WC final and it worked out pretty well (smiles). That's what i'll do on wednesday night. It is capital to have the dominant position to inspire respect to my direct opponent. I need to show physical presence, caracter and insouciance"

I hope it's clearer now, the cocky spirit is alive and well.

nnao

By the last part, I mean was there a press conference where Bayern players came in droves to talk or they were being interviewed by the German press or something?

The other day there was some sort of media event with Bayern. Pep was supposed to be there but he ended up cancelling and Javi, Xabi and I think Reina ended up going instead. I don't know about Neuer's interview with L'equipe but I think the other quotes are from Bayern, their own PK's and interviews for the youtube channel and questions asked by the media on the way to Barcelona.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i do like more teams than only one. Hannover is my team of heart, Bayern is a team i like. There is no real Hannover thread on this forum, thats why i'm more functioning as the Bayern-guy here. ;)

You are more than welcome to start the Hannover 96 thread.

Let me ask you, Donnauwelle, do you see any team in the bundesliga challenging Bayern in the near future? In addition, do you think that bundesliga teams are incentivized to build a competitive team knowing that they have a monopoly giant breathing down their neck who has the mega monetary funds, allure and wont hesitate to sign their top players?

I do not see Bayern winning the Bundesliga in every season in the future. It will go back to the way it was before they had this "generation" of players.

Winning the league is not just about the strength of a team. Winning the Bundesliga is not even such an easy thing people seem to make it here - just because a Bayern team of the quality of today kept concentration and went nearly 100% every Saturday. If Bayern would not have they would not be in the position they are right now. We are talking of a team that probably (this season has not ended and they need another 2 wins in 3 matches to fulfill that) has played the best 3 seasons in a row a team has played in 52 years of the Bundesliga. And there has been other great teams before. I have told it before - if you look at the effort - and you see that in the running data of a team - Bayern needed to win their matches you will remark that this league is not really an easy one. They do not have a second big team in it - that is the only thing that is different.

The other teams will win if Bayern slips. And Bayern will. On the short run there will be no team that will be on the same financial level - but you never know how it will be on the long run. But the goal of this teams must not be to beat Bayern but to establish themselves in the top four first. And if you look into the tables of the league in the recent years even the top 4 are changing every season.

And the scare of Bayern buying at competitors...
The danger is not just Bayern but Bayern, Barca, Real and the EPL clubs. All the clubs with more money.

And as I said about the BVB - they do not need Bayern to destroy them. They did that on their own. Underdog tactics work when you are an underdog - but if "pressing" is still your only playmaker when you are the second most richest club in the league and the only important thing when you buy players is that they have speed...

Yannik

i would honestly like to see the german version fo what has been said. If a statement gets translated twice into french first, then english then this is like playing Chinese whispers.

Home of Barca Fans