CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

barcanuck

Hey guys..... i dont post here often but im a big fan of this forum and read the threads on daily basis. Anyways today's fantastic performance has tempted me to poset here and share highlights link (in english commentary)

http://www.footytube.com/video/barcelona-bayern-munchen-may06-354133?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

PS: From 8 mins onwars the video is on repeat since last 2 hours !! :p:barcascarf:

One more thing........ I havn't hear Camp Nou crowd this noisy since ages !! :worthy: to the fans .... fantastic atmosph

Gracies!

beogatts

Boateng and Neuer join up with Milner in the messi-ruined-me club.

Cheers to bayern for trying(although failing due to injuries) to play proper football.
They didn't park any bus or did any horrible tackles, they earned my respect, something that other teams that beat barca(chelsea/inter) haven't done.

Don't worry bayern fans, we will def beat rm in the final! :cheers:
wait. we & rm r in the final now? :tata:

Bran the Greenseer

Some of those guys on the bayern forum are delusional, one guy said man for man bayern had the better players in all position except for Messi and Neymar while saying Lewandowski is better than suarez :lol:

Egert

Estonian Culé
We are back stronger than ever! 2013 humiliation was 50% paid back.

Tie is not over for me until we score 1 in Munich. I am still nervous of the Allianz game, but 75% we are in the final! LET'S GO! :barcascarf:

Obiaseti

Had to finally register here after this one. Too happy for words. Hats off to Enrique and the players for climbing back to the very top. Now we all know that the front three are the stars of this team and Leo stole the show but seeing our midfield today was something else especially if you compare it to 2013. Raki was everywhere destroying bayern attacks at will unlike a certain midfielder who fled to Chelsea. Busi was flawless doing what he does best. Finally the Don. My favorite player. It's been terrible hearing about his decline for the last year or so. And frankly there wasn't much I could say to argue against that. But nothing made me more happy than seeing him glide around, pressure their players and pass the ball around like the Iniesta of old. Fantastic game! Fantastic result! Next up Munich.

ManusXavi

that tie is absolutely over. Barca outplayed Bayern on every departement and deservedly won the game 3-0 and that could have gone like 6-0 if it hadnt been for Neuer.
There was absolutely no attacking from bayern, 2 or 3 fielded attacking players (if you want to call Thiago an attacking player) and Barca dominated the midfield in every way. Congratulations for the final, there wont be a miracle in the 2nd leg, for Bayern the only happy thing to hear is that they are walking with 11 fit players out of the camp nou.
Whatever it is in the other leg, but neither Juve or Madrid will stop Barca.

This! :barcaflag: :bounce: :barcaflag:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Had to finally register here after this one. Too happy for words. Hats off to Enrique and the players for climbing back to the very top. Now we all know that the front three are the stars of this team and Leo stole the show but seeing our midfield today was something else especially if you compare it to 2013. Raki was everywhere destroying bayern attacks at will unlike a certain midfielder who fled to Chelsea. Busi was flawless doing what he does best. Finally the Don. My favorite player. It's been terrible hearing about his decline for the last year or so. And frankly there wasn't much I could say to argue against that. But nothing made me more happy than seeing him glide around, pressure their players and pass the ball around like the Iniesta of old. Fantastic game! Fantastic result! Next up Munich.

Cheers :cheers:

Kuchi

The result is far better than any personal expectations. Messi picked the perfect time to put in his genius performance, how sweet this must be for him, and for all the community.

Bayern was pretty solid starting from min 20 untill the 1st goal, Pep quickly changed his 3 back-line into 4, after the Suarez and Neymar misses in the first minutes. From there on, both teams had trouble expressing themselves.

Great result, great performance form everybody, respect to Bayern for playing positive, clean football.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to posting members!

That really was Iniesta of old. It was like we went few years in past to his prime days.
Unreal.

JackaL

It shouldn't get unnoticed that Bayern just once created danger, it was a 100% chance, yet Lewa couldn't make it. The thing is, Bayern might have had much more possession (esp. in the second half), yet the possession football we used to play under Pep was different. Our main area was in front of the opponent's box, pushing very high. Surely, Bayern can't do this against Barca. I think that is what they are lacking.

I think we have a series of 24-0 within the last games, we just do not concede while at the same time we have less possession. This is an incredible paradigm shift actually!

BerkeleyBernie

The result is far better than any personal expectations. Messi picked the perfect time to put in his genius performance, how sweet this must be for him, and for all the community.

Bayern was pretty solid starting from min 20 untill the 1st goal, Pep quickly changed his 3 back-line into 4, after the Suarez and Neymar misses in the first minutes. From there on, both teams had trouble expressing themselves.

Great result, great performance form everybody, respect to Bayern for playing positive, clean football.

Yup. Barça was the better team overall, but both teams were disrupting the other and forcing turnovers. This was no domination, like the first half at Man City. Save for Messi's brilliance, the game would have ended 0-0, or a random goal 1-0 from a slip on one side or the other.

Final score: Messi 3, Barca 0, Bayern 0.

Barça is in an excellent position now. It's entirely possible for Bayern to keep Barça from scoring at the Allianz, but whether they can score 3 themselves with their current squad is questionable.

Home of Barca Fans