Claudio Bravo

serghei

Yes, he didn't make two saves prior to Leverkusen's goals. Those doesn't exist.

I won't start the discussion again. For me, the keeper situation has been solved. Now we have to solve the defence and we can go back to winning. Stegen's performances made him another layer to our "defensive mistake mechanism". That means, on top of the mistakes made by the defence, we had the mistake made by Mats.

Not the case with Bravo.

God Serena

Remember the meltdown towards Mats after we lost to Celta? I'm pretty sure the common narrative at that point was a combination of "Good goalkeepers are able to make saves we don't expect them to" and "Bravo is better at organizing his defense so his defense doesn't play that poorly" and "Bravo has the same defense and he doesn't concede any goals".

What the hell happened? I mean, I knew this was going to happen because I can pretty easily tell what the real problem is, but still, I'm shocked that the BS arguments for Bravo aren't really ringing true.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Remember the meltdown towards Mats after we lost to Celta? I'm pretty sure the common narrative at that point was a combination of "Good goalkeepers are able to make saves we don't expect them to" and "Bravo is better at organizing his defense so his defense doesn't play that poorly" and "Bravo has the same defense and he doesn't concede any goals".

What the hell happened? I mean, I knew this was going to happen because I can pretty easily tell what the real problem is, but still, I'm shocked that the BS arguments for Bravo aren't really ringing true.

Bravo wasn't playing. It was his evil and less talented twin brother who happens to be a Madrista :neymar:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I won't start the discussion again. For me, the keeper situation has been solved. Now we have to solve the defence and we can go back to winning.

I'm not blaming Bravo either. Always said defensive shape is all over the place and no GK can do anything with it(some people said this will disappear when Bravo would organize the defence better, but that's Lucho's job and won't be fixed until he does something). Obviously MAtS had some individual faults too, but it's retarded that people are making out like he's not making any saves whatsoever.

Yannik

mentality on this thread is like "gk discussion doesnt belong here, we got a Ter Stegen-thread for that." :lol:

Last edited:

serghei

Obviously MAtS had some individual faults too, but it's retarded that people are making out like he's not making any saves whatsoever.

And that's my problem. We can't afford individual mistakes from the keeper when the defence is not working. Would you agree with that, or not?

Chainsaw

Killahead

Not everyone is into blondies Lady.

But be patient. A series of "once in a lifetime" goals conceded by Bravo and no one says Bravo "organize well" anymore no more.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
what I am waiting for is all those people who cried for weeks on end for the keeper with legendary defense organization skills to show.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And that's my problem. We can't afford individual mistakes from the keeper when the defence is not working. Would you agree with that, or not?

Yes, but some people were making every goal conceded out to be an individual mistake, is that fair?

Look at Celta match. ter Stegen was supposed to save those goals because the best GKs do. Isn't by that logic Bravo supposed to save these couple of goals too?

That's my problem. You lot complain about the bias towards ter Stegen, when it's the same the other way too. Anyway, not gonna continue on this anymore as there's no point of this discussion. Upto the management to do something with the defence or else this is gonna be a very long season....atleast until January.

F

Flavia

Yep. Some were hell bent on scapegoating, as a different gk would sove the defensive problems the team is showing since the start of the season. Sevilla's been in awful form, and still managed to go through our defense as if no one was there.

God Serena

Not everyone is into blondies Lady.

But be patient. A series of "once in a lifetime" goals conceded by Bravo and no one says Bravo "organize well" anymore no more.

Just last week people were saying Bravo organizes well. Hell, Hamzah even went as far as to say Bravo doesn't have to make good saves because of it :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We shouldn't be arguing about the goalkeepers anyhow. It's the defense that is a mess. What the hell happened to Lucho and Unzue's work last season!? Is it the fact that Mathieu keeps not giving a fuck?

F

Flavia

We shouldn't be arguing about the goalkeepers anyhow. It's the defense that is a mess. What the hell happened to Lucho and Unzue's work last season!? Is it the fact that Mathieu keeps not giving a fuck?

Tired legs? I still think the poor preseason is to blame here. Plus the ban and injuries.
But with the ban, the preseason should had been way better planned. It wasn't.

Observer

Banned
To be completely fair, the first goal came from an interception in MF and then they rounded up a good play, defense didnt help that much.
The second goal was a good set piece from them, I didnt see a particular blunder in defense but lacked coverage.

I think Sevilla outplayed us in general terms of the first half and completely in the first 20 mins of the second and that was enough.

Saw a couple of good saves from Claudio, some decent distribution (nothing extraordinary tbh), and 2 goals in which he tried to do something but it was kind of evident what was gonna happen. He organized the defense well in corners and close situations, but kind of stupid to expect defense organization from the keeper against counters unless we give some secret service headsets to the defense line :lol:

Home of Barca Fans