Claudio Bravo

God Serena

MATS can keep Copa del Rey. Bravo is the better keeper. He should be getting the most important competition: Champions League.

We won the CL with Mats in goal despite very limited playing time but we should drop him from being our CL keeper because he's not as good?

Edit: Deleted this part because I might get a warning.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We won the CL with Mats in goal despite very limited playing time but we should drop him from being our CL keeper because he's not as good?

Edit: Deleted this part because I might get a warning.

Ter Stegen is a fine keeper, but to be completely honest we're handicapping ourselves in the CL by playing our second best keeper.

FC B

Bravo with another very very good display.

I think Lucho should play Stegen in easier at home La Liga games and Copa del Rey and Bravo in CL (at least the knockout stages) and most La Liga games. You must play your number one keeper in the most difficult clashes and till now Bravo showed constantly he is the better keeper out of the two.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I think Lucho should play Stegen in easier at home La Liga games and Copa del Rey and Bravo in CL (at least the knockout stages) and most La Liga games. You must play your number one keeper in the most difficult clashes and till now Bravo showed constantly he is the better keeper out of the two.

It's easier to show consistency when you are playing week in, week out.

I'd keep the same setup that we've had and I bet Lucho will do the same.

FC B

It's easier to show consistency when you are playing week in, week out.

I'd keep the same setup that we've had and I bet Lucho will do the same.

I guess he'll keep it as it is. I feel it is the right time to give both gks more time in the competitions in which they didin't got any, CL and La Liga respectively.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I guess he'll keep it as it is. I feel it is the right time to give both gks more time in the competitions in which they didin't got any, CL and La Liga respectively.

Yes, but the thing is, Ter Stegen hasn't fucked up royally (wonder goals don't count) in the CL group stages and was the starting keeper in our CL winning campaign last season. So taking the CL games away from him in return for easier, home Liga games (what's your metric for that anyway? Teams like Getafe?) would not only be seen as unfair, but would likely be damaging to TS's morale as well. And at that point, we might even need to start looking for a new backup goalkeeper in a summer where we need a backup forward, a midfielder (?), a centerback, and a backup left back. It's just not worth it.

FC B

Yes, but the thing is, Ter Stegen hasn't fucked up royally (wonder goals don't count) in the CL group stages and was the starting keeper in our CL winning campaign last season. So taking the CL games away from him in return for easier, home Liga games (what's your metric for that anyway? Teams like Getafe?) would not only be seen as unfair, but would likely be damaging to TS's morale as well. And at that point, we might even need to start looking for a new backup goalkeeper in a summer where we need a backup forward, a midfielder (?), a centerback, and a backup left back. It's just not worth it.

Stegen is unhappy with his role at the club since day one for what I've read and seen. He expected to be nr.1 gk pretty fast and he was pretty surprised he didn't accomplish that in such a long span of time.

You can't put at risk the performance of the team in the knockouts of CL for the sake of what your second keeper might feel about it. I agree, Stegen didn't fuck up massively in the tournament but at this level this isn't that relevant when you have a gk like Bravo sitting on the bench while the team battles the best of the best clubs in Europe and consequently in the world like it is the case CL knockouts.

Look for instance how Lucho subbed Neymar today and didin't give a fuck about how the player took his decision thus making the brazilian having some ramarks to him while exiting the pitch. Ofc, situations are diffrent, Neymar is considerably less likely to be looking of another club just for that and how he feels in relation to his manager / how valued he feels at the club.

I'm totally not against Stegen nor saying he is to be sold ( maybe loaned lile Chelshit did with Curtois ) but I'd like my team to play the best players they have in CL knockouts, that's all.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Stegen is unhappy with his role at the club since day one for what I've read and seen. He expected to be nr.1 gk pretty fast and he was pretty surprised he didn't accomplish that in such a long span of time.

And he would have been, had it not been for Alex Song.

Besides, the roles aren't as clear cut as first and second goalkeeper, because as far as I can tell, second string keepers don't play the CL. I would say that the two are on almost level standing in the team.

RMU ReBorn

I am not comparing but how old was Iker when Rma won Ucl in 2002 ?? , winning that ucl might have been the turning point of his career. Who knows Mat's might end up as a Barca legend like iker was for Madrid . Bravo is 30+ and won't be here for too long . Lucho will be most aware of that and will be grooming Mat's for the future.

Mandrake

I've read alot in this forum that people think Bravo may only have a couple of seasons at top level left. Bravo gave an interview earlier this year saying he wasn't only thinking in playing in the WC of 2018; he's thinking of playing at the WC of 2022. He thinks Buffon is the goalie he wants to be like. Of course, one thing is to want to be like Gigi and another is to accomplish it, but he's the type of person who reaches his goals. I wouldn't be surprised Bravo is able to perform for at least 5 more years at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans