Claudio Bravo

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I've read alot in this forum that people think Bravo may only have a couple of seasons at top level left. Bravo gave an interview earlier this year saying he wasn't only thinking in playing in the WC of 2018; he's thinking of playing at the WC of 2022. He thinks Buffon is the goalie he wants to be like. Of course, one thing is to want to be like Gigi and another is to accomplish it, but he's the type of person who reaches his goals. I wouldn't be surprised Bravo is able to perform for at least 5 more years at Barca.

Sure. If you count years as backup.

oneirophobos

I agree, it'd be different if Claudio in 2015 was like Iker a few year past his prime as a goalie and Barcelona winning matches was thanks to outfield players covering for his mistakes. But it's not. He's currently in the best form of his life and could continue playing at this level for maybe 3 seasons, which means his eventual descend - unless some big injury happens ofc - will probably be a slow burn as well.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The way he's performing, it kind of looks like the backup is going to be somebody else ;)

You think he'll be starting at 36 or older? Talk about optimistic.

I mean hey, good for him if he does. But I don't think it'll happen pal.

Last edited:

God Serena

The way he's performing, it kind of looks like the backup is going to be somebody else ;)

If form was something that could be predicted four to five years in the future based on how someone is playing today the football world would have an entirely different outlook.

Mandrake

You think he'll be starting at 36 or older? Talk about optimistic.

I mean hey, good for him if he does. But I don't think it'll happen pal.

Well, many thought he woudn't be starting at 31.. I did. So yeah, I'm optimistic. He's a beast and will continue to play at top level for many seasons.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, many thought he woudn't be starting at 31.. I did. So yeah, I'm optimistic. He's a beast and will continue to play at top level for many seasons.

Is there a point in arguing about Bravo, to the forum's resident Bravo fanboy? No, I think I'd rather not waste my time.

Besides, as far as I am aware , STARTERS play the Champion's League.

Barca doesn't have a starting keeper. We have a league keeper and a cup keeper. If Bravo starts over Ter Stegen against Arsenal, then and only then, would I consider him an absolute starter.

Observer

Banned
Look, its almost XMAS, Barca won practically everything, and they still bitter about a GK option in CWC.

Bravo played good and won everything he participated as starter, if that's not earning your spot I don't know what is

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Look, its almost XMAS, Barca won practically everything, and they still bitter about a GK option in CWC.

Bravo played good and won everything he participated as starter, if that's not earning your spot I don't know what is

Who's bitter?

I didn't bring up the nonsense about Bravo being an undisputed starter for 5 more seasons now, did I?

Last edited:

God Serena

ter Stegen played good and won everything he participated as starter, if that's not earning your spot I don't know what is

Fixed that for you.

It's really pointless to argue. Both keepers are spectacular in their own right, but the major difference comes to the massive difference in age between the two.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder if Bravo will play CL games while he's here. Afterall, UEFA didn't recognize him, Douglas and others as winners since they didn't play a single minute, quite a stupid rule though. Got a medal ofc, but would be nice to be officially recognized as one too as I think with MSN, we could win two CLs still if luck favours us.

Not sure if Bravo is able to perform for 5 years as he's only performed at this level consistently since the last two-three years, but for the forseeable future he's a sure bet.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I dont need tell you what happened, but would be interesting to hear LE's original plan regarding GKs prior to the 1st match.

Do you know his plans? I bet you blame mats for the inability of the attackers to score too.

Home of Barca Fans