Claudio Bravo

F

Flavia

[tw]760547405150425088[/tw]

Bravo met with the club on Friday, and if he doesn't play he wants to leave.

So Bravo already had a meeting. And to both gk's the answer was "bring the buyout or stay". I really doubt they'd say something like that to them both. What if both come back with the buyout?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who will leave? Who will stay?

Turn in for the next episode after the 1st league game. Only on BarcaTV

xXKonan

So Bravo already had a meeting. And to both gk's the answer was "bring the buyout or stay". I really doubt they'd say something like that to them both. What if both come back with the buyout?
If it comes down to it Robert will likely cut Bravo loose.

With the transfer Policy this summer (Denis,Gomes,Umtiti,Digne) we are prepping for the future and I just can't see us selling Ter Stegen over Bravo. Bravo is good enough to be a starter elseware but with his age vs Ter Stegen it's not really worth selling our young GK for Bravo who is 33 years old.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Both GKs want to play it all?

Looks like one will be gone by the end of this window.

God Serena

You have to be a pretty big fan of Bravo to think he's a better long term option for the club or think that Mats is replaceable if we choose Bravo instead.

The choice here is obvious. Next decade or next season.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Then Masip we'll be a starter and we'll have extra 120M for new RB and back-up striker:mou:

khaled_a_d

We will have the money to buy Pogba if we want to :lol:

God Serena

Everyone is bolding this and making jokes but they'd probably tell Mats he doesn't have to leave because Bravo came back with his buyout.

F

Flavia

If it comes down to it Robert will likely cut Bravo loose.

With the transfer Policy this summer (Denis,Gomes,Umtiti,Digne) we are prepping for the future and I just can't see us selling Ter Stegen over Bravo. Bravo is good enough to be a starter elseware but with his age vs Ter Stegen it's not really worth selling our young GK for Bravo who is 33 years old.

I'm more worried about this "buyout or stay" supposed comments. Imagine if both gk's find clubs willing to pay their buyouts, then what? The club would lose both, and have to find another gk again. It'd be really risky, although the probability of both finding suiters is slim. I also hope Robert and Lucho address this before the season starts. It wouldn't be good for the team to have any kind of bad blood in the squad.

Everyone is bolding this and making jokes but they'd probably tell Mats he doesn't have to leave because Bravo came back with his buyout.

That's not how it works. Both gk's would have agreements with different teams, if it came to that. Making them race to find clubs is not the way to deal with this.

khaled_a_d

I'm more worried about this "buyout or stay" supposed comments. Imagine if both gk's find clubs willing to pay their buyouts, then what? The club would lose both, and have to find another gk again. It'd be really risky, although the probability of both finding suiters is slim. I also hope Robert and Lucho address this before the season starts. It wouldn't be good for the team to have any kind of bad blood in the squad.

That's not how it works. Both gk's would have agreements with different teams, if it came to that. Making them race to find clubs is not the way to deal with this.

IIRC MATS buyout is 80M,he will almost double a 15 years standing most expensive GK record if his buyout is met.If it happens it is actually perfect deal.
Bravo buyout is 40M.at the age of 33 it is gr8 business if it happens.
Now back to reality,there is zero chance it happens.No club is insane enough to even consider it.
Edit: In other words,we are basically telling them to shut up and honor their contract.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

IIRC MATS buyout is 80M,he will almost double a 15 years standing most expensive GK record if his buyout is met.If it happens it is actually perfect deal.
Bravo buyout is 40M.at the age of 33 it is gr8 business if it happens.
Now back to reality,there is zero chance it happens.No club is insane enough to even consider it.
Edit: In other words,we are basically telling them to shut up and honor their contract.

Yeah, the other words aren't that great either. Which is why I don't really believe the club would say that to them. But I'd prefer if Lucho resolved this situation, whatever the outcome, as long as they don't lose both gk's.

God Serena

People at one point tried to argue that Mats and bravo were getting a similar amount of game time, but for some reason Bravo is wanting to leave if the roles are reversed.

Odd.

Home of Barca Fans