Claudio Bravo

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
In my opinion, Bravo is the better keeper, not by much but still has an edge over ter Stegen... However, if one of the two must leave, it would probably have to be the chilean, mostly because we can get more out of ter Stegen in the long run...

Ideally, I would keep them both for this season and make the call on who has to leave next season, but I would like the games to be split more evenly and stop the keeper per competition non-sense... Yeah, I know they need consistent play time but that's for Luis Enrique to figure out, something he has been avoiding to do by using the knockout/league excuse...

ss81bja

I cannot understand the silly attitude both keepers have right now.....before WC 2014 nobody knew about Bravo....he is 33 and getting regular minutes at a CL contender club.....ter-Stegen is 24 and was very shaky when he first came from where????.....Borussia Monchengladbach......Barca made these keepers basically...and both think they have the leverage to hold Barca to hostage!!!!!.....if they both don't keep quiet i will sell both of them....or promote the B team keepers.....

JamDav1982

I cannot understand the silly attitude both keepers have right now.....before WC 2014 nobody knew about Bravo....he is 33 and getting regular minutes at a CL contender club.....ter-Stegen is 24 and was very shaky when he first came from where????.....Borussia Monchengladbach......Barca made these keepers basically...and both think they have the leverage to hold Barca to hostage!!!!!.....if they both don't keep quiet i will sell both of them....or promote the B team keepers.....

Plenty knew about Bravo. Arsenal were in for him also.

It makes sense for both of them to want more minutes and be main man. All top players should want that.

Selling them both would hurt Barca more than them.

RMU ReBorn

You've been saying his 2016 has been terrible and its just not true. He had a bad match against Real Madrid. In the match against Real Madrid in the second half of 2015 he had arguably his best performance with Barca. We won La Liga both years he started, first time with record. He's made few mistakes, unlike MATS, whose kind of been very brain fart prone. His last official match was a beastly performance against Argentina where he was chosen best GK of the Copa. We can check games played/goles scored against Barça ratio and he'll come out on top. He's outperformed Ter Stegen or else he wouldnt be starting.

Watch Ter stegan's Performance vs Sevilla in CDR final since you mentioned Bravo's performance vs Argentina . Ter and Pique kept us in the game after Mashe was send off. Matts had his bad games but he is perfectly suited to Barca style and his passing is ideal to Barca's system . He can be a long term prospect like Valdes or how Iker was for Real ,given the potential Stegan has. Every barca fan will be greatful for Bravo's contribution to the club's success . His performance against Real in Bernabue is my favorite , but it's time to move on :)

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Funny how some seem to think that giving MATS game time will transform him in the best GK in history. He may develop and be a awesome GK or he may not a be a huge flop. Just like Bravo might become the next Gigi Buffon and play at an incredible level until he's 40. The only thing we have for sure is PERFORMANCE. And performance wise, Bravo is clearly the number one keeper.

How can you say that Bravo out performed MaTS? Because of Chile? As I recall, Bravo had a significantly bad year in 2016 bar the last couple of Copa America games, while MaTS' Barca was knocked out on penalties by Atleti in the CL. Also if you bring up the Barca vs Chile thing, we blew a 12 point lead in the league with the exact same lineup bar MaTS.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bravo is simply better keeper than Stegen. Better communication with defense too and transmits calm to defensive line.

Stegen is better with his feet and that's it.
Oh, he is definitely younger and better looking and in superficial world obsessed with youth we live in that means a lot.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Bravo is simply better keeper than Stegen. Better communication with defense too and transmits calm to defensive line.

Stegen is better with his feet and that's it.
Oh, he is definitely younger and better looking and in superficial world obsessed with youth we live in that means a lot.
It's okay, Grandpa Bojan. Age is only a number. :antonella:

Pls don't ban me.

Home of Barca Fans