Claudio Bravo

Mandrake

Comparing the goals conceded between Mats and Bravo would be like comparing Messi's CL stats to Ronaldo's La Liga stats and laughing at how Ronaldo scores more per game.

Funny. So every single stat is comparable between keepers playing different competitions but not goals conceded? Which is the one thats favorable to Bravo?

Dude, you're making a fool of yourself.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Luis Enrique: "Yes, I know which goalkeeper is going to play in the Super." #fcblive

Probably Bravo again.

God Serena

Funny. So every single stat is comparable between keepers playing different competitions but not goals conceded? Which is the one thats favorable to Bravo?

Dude, you're making a fool of yourself.

What are you even talking about? I can't wait until Bravo leaves mainly because you'll be leaving, too.

Bravo can go numerous games without having to make a single save because many teams in La Liga are lucky to even get a shot on target against us, which isn't the case in the CL. It's easy to look at that and say "Bravo concedes less goals per game" but that doesn't take that into account. Mats has a higher save success rate which completely debunks the notion that the team would fail with him as our #1. Like really, who is the fool here? Cuz it for damn sure isn't me.

mark1nhu

Also, Mats conceded some goals last season due to defenders' brainfarts.

It was even a recurring gag the fact that the guy just couldn't maintain clean sheets, despite playing at high level.

Bravo, on the other hand, usually played with Piqué and Masch, plus full starting team, dealing way less with brainfarts from teammates.

Not trying to be detrimental to Bravo, because I like him.

But goals/game is a huge misleading stats, mainly if you carefully watch every single game and pay attention to how things unfold (not only checking the result).

Again, nothing against Bravo. I prefer Mats, because I am thinking in the future, but I highly rate the Chilean.

Mandrake

What are you even talking about? I can't wait until Bravo leaves mainly because you'll be leaving, too.

Bravo can go numerous games without having to make a single save because many teams in La Liga are lucky to even get a shot on target against us, which isn't the case in the CL. It's easy to look at that and say "Bravo concedes less goals per game" but that doesn't take that into account. Mats has a higher save success rate which completely debunks the notion that the team would fail with him as our #1. Like really, who is the fool here? Cuz it for damn sure isn't me.

God Serena logic: all stats between Bravo and MATS can be compared while Bravo plays La Liga and MATS CDR and CL except for goals conceded, because Bravo in La Liga has easy matches (unlike MATS who plays against 3rd division teams in Copa and danish super teams in CL group stage)

I can understand being shown how wrong you are can be frustrating, but it's not my problem that you're mistaken. If you dont want to compare goals conceded, why dont we review the numbers of keepers mistakes that have cost Barça goals between them? Is that a misleading stat as well?

valonquar

God Serena logic: all stats between Bravo and MATS can be compared while Bravo plays La Liga and MATS CDR and CL except for goals conceded, because Bravo in La Liga has easy matches (unlike MATS who plays against 3rd division teams in Copa and danish super teams in CL group stage)

I can understand being shown how wrong you are can be frustrating, but it's not my problem that you're mistaken. If you dont want to compare goals conceded, why dont we review the numbers of keepers mistakes that have cost Barça goals between them? Is that a misleading stat as well?

Such bullshit. Mats has never played against 3rd division team in Copa, it was always Masip. (And if anything, Bravo did play against freaking Guangzhou Evergrande)

(Edit: He did play a game against Huesca back in 2014)

Now, let's just say a 'strong team' is a team from top 5 leagues that finished in a Champion/ Europa league spot that year. Which means in Liga 2015/16 we will count RM, AM, Bilbao, Celta and Villarreal.

In 2015/16, Mats played 6 La Liga matches (actually 7, but he was subbed in the 88th minute in the game vs Betis so I don't count that) + 7 Copa + 1 Super Cup (vs Bilbao) + 10 CL + 1 UEFA Super Cup = 25 games

In Copa Mats played against Espanol (14) x2 , Athletic Bilbao (5) x2 , Valencia (12) x2 and Sevilla (7)

In Champion League we played against BATE x 2, Roma (3) x 2 , Bayer Leverkusen (3) x2 , Arsenal (2) x 2 and Atlético Madrid (3) x 2

In Liga, he played 1 vs Celta (6) and 1 vs AM (3).

Out of 25 games, Mats played 13 games vs 'strong teams' = 52% of his games.

Now let's look at Bravo. He played 32 games in Liga 15/16, 10 of which are against teams that finished in top 6 that year.

Bravo also played 1 Super Cup vs Bilbao (and I don't count FIFA Club World Cup)

Out of 33 games, Bravo played 11 games vs 'strong teams' = 33.33% of his games.

So yes, think what you want, but generally speaking Mats did have to face tougher opponents than Bravo.

Last edited:

God Serena

Such bullshit. Mats has never played against 3rd division team in Copa, it was always Masip. (And if anything, Bravo did play against freaking Guangzhou Evergrande)

Now, let's just say a 'strong team' is a team from top 5 leagues that finished in a Champion/ Europa league spot that year. Which means in Liga 2015/16 we will count RM, AM, Bilbao, Celta and Villarreal.

In 2015/16, Mats played 6 La Liga matches (actually 7, but he was subbed in the 88th minute in the game vs Betis so I don't count that) + 7 Copa + 1 Super Cup (vs Bilbao) + 10 CL + 1 UEFA Super Cup = 25 games

In Copa Mats played against Espanol (14) x2 , Athletic Bilbao (5) x2 , Valencia (12) x2 and Sevilla (7)

In Champion League we played against BATE x 2, Roma (3) x 2 , Bayer Leverkusen (3) x2 , Arsenal (2) x 2 and Atlético Madrid (3) x 2

In Liga, he played 1 vs Celta (6) and 1 vs AM (3).

Out of 25 games, Mats played 13 games vs 'strong teams' = 52% of his games.

Now let's look at Bravo. He played 32 games in Liga 15/16, 10 of which are against teams that finished in top 6 that year.

Bravo also played 1 Super Cup vs Bilbao (and I don't count FIFA Club World Cup)

Out of 33 games, Bravo played 11 games vs 'strong teams' = 33.33% of his games.

So yes, think what you want, but generally speaking Mats did have to face tougher opponents than Bravo.

Nice analysis man.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Luis Enrique: "Yes, I know which goalkeeper is going to play in the Super." #fcblive

Probably Bravo again.

I think it'll be like last year. Both will play a leg each. The GK that plays the last leg will start in the league.

El Flaco

Bravo's conceded goal from Luis Muriel vs. Sampdoria

[gfy]BleakDisgustingApisdorsatalaboriosa[/gfy]

Iniesta's the one who gave away possession in front of his own box.

And yet, some people in the chat scapegoated Arda for that goal.... :lol:

God Serena

Bravo's conceded goal from Luis Muriel vs. Sampdoria

[gfy]BleakDisgustingApisdorsatalaboriosa[/gfy]

Iniesta's the one who gave away possession in front of his own box.

And yet, some people in the chat scapegoated Arda for that goal.... :lol:

Well, whose fault is it that Iniesta is being pressured right in front of his own box?

I'm sure Arda didn't have anything to do with that...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Well, whose fault is it that Iniesta is being pressured right in front of his own box?

I'm sure Arda didn't have anything to do with that...

oh comeon Iniesta had the option to pass it back to Digne who was wide open. Just admit it was the Don's fault and move on

Home of Barca Fans