Claudio Bravo

Chainsaw

Killahead
Thx for your services and professionalism in these two years at Barca, we appreciate that.

But I am not gonna say good luck at City blah blah blah! What the fuck! Screw City! I wish you both all the worst!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's that I guess.
I only wish he left on a bigger note with a proper goodbye from Camp Nou.
But same could be said for many other deserving players that played here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are anyone actually happy at airports when traveling? :lol:

Because I certainly am not either.

ss81bja

The only thing i don't understand is why Guardiola had to "raid" Barca....surely they are other keepers around to suit what he wants

FC B

Sport says the reasons behind his departure :

Bravo hoped to seal a generous contract extension of one or two more season and a significant increase in his wages. But Barça's proposal was only a one-year deal and fell well below the Chilean's monetary expectations.

His relationship with Marc-Andre ter Stegen quickly deteriorated. The repeated statements of the German claiming that he wanted more playing time in La Liga and even threatening to leave Barça if Luis Enrique didn't meet his demands was never liked by Bravo. Explanations for Ter Stegen's standpoint were sought and the 33-year-old's discomfort became apparent.

Enrique, true to his management policy, never guaranteed the no.1 spot to either Ter Stegen or Bravo. However, Bravo was convinced that Ter Stegen was slowly jostling his way to become the club's firm first-choice goalkeeper.

City's offer includes the two great desires of the former Real Sociedad goalkeeper: undisputed status as the Blues' no.1 and presence in a team who are competing for major honours domestically in England and in the Champions League. Bravo will also double his wages when he completes his transfer to the Etihad Stadium.

Man, if true, Barca should have met his financial demands, how can you refuse to pay well such a great playing keeper ?! Your nr.1 keeper for the god's sake ?!
It's beyond me how stupid Barca's management and Fartomeu are...
It seems the main reason for his move to City. In other words Barca wasn't capable of holding it's best keeper, lets him go and brings that freaking Cillessen:facepalm:

Messi983

Personally I see this as a lot of BS from Sport.

And for all people complaining - geting 20M for 33 yo GK with 2-3 good years ahead of him while keeping younger MATS who can be our #1 for the next decade is a great deal. Had Bravo stayed and got relegated to #2 role we'd be lucky to get 10M next summer. Or if their roles would stay unchanged we'd have to sell MATS as it would be impossible to keep both of them for more than another season and then we'd need to look for and very possible overpay for another GK in 2-3 years when Bravo would be gone as well.

Yes, I'm sad to see Bravo gone but longterm keeping MATS over him is the right decision and we also decide to sell at the right time. Instead of complaining about Pep poaching our players we should be happy that City will pay for Bravo what they will. Bravo's price would be only going down from here if he stayed. Yes, we could get more for him and other clubs probably would but we were never a selling club and Pep knows that the best so it would be unrealistic to expect us getting 25 or 30M for him.

Buying Cillessen for 13M or whatever has absolutely nothing to do with this. He's not Bravo's replacement, MATS is.

JamDav1982

Man, if true, Barca should have met his financial demands, how can you refuse to pay well such a great playing keeper ?! Your nr.1 keeper for the god's sake ?!
It's beyond me how stupid Barca's management and Fartomeu are...
It seems the main reason for his move to City. In other words Barca wasn't capable of holding it's best keeper, lets him go and brings that freaking Cillessen:facepalm:

Cant have it all ways.

He had two years left on a contract at 33 with a great back up. He would only really be worth a big new contract if going to be the No.1 keeper which from that article it says it was not heading that way.

Money alone would unlikely made him happy to be the back up anyway as its only one of the things he was looking for when could get BOTH at City.

The whole Bravo signing and sale has been great business by the club and City are probably over paying for him all things considered.

Cillessen is most likely being signed to play a lesser back up for Ter Stegens role and Ter Stegen is replacing Bravo.

Home of Barca Fans