Claudio Bravo

Alik

It might not look good but maybe he had already made plans. He shouldn't have to cut his vacation short just because Messi and Mascherano did.

Zangash

Banned
Especially after his seemingly arrogant comments made when it came to the keeping position. Mats looks to be working hard for more time while Bravo seems to think he's entitled to it by now.

Kerrybai

As if that matters. He took broke his vacation early because he felt there was competition, so him not cutting his break short now clearly means he feels his position is pretty damn secure. The thing is, Messi and Mascherano are even more secure in their positions than he is and they're back and training in anticipation of getting to play again. Being the only player to be on vacation surely doesn't look very good, even if it's time you were granted. Makes it seem like you're less dedicated.

Of course it matters, goalkeepers need less training as they run less. Its a very simple concept.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Of course it matters, goalkeepers need less training as they run less. Its a very simple concept.

Debatable. I don't think it's quite so simple.

Anyway, if Bravo would have just kept his mouth shut about TS coming back early, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Especially considering Bravo himself came back early during the winter break, IIRC.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

That doesn't make any sense?

If they need less training because they run less then won't they need less amount of rest than the outfield players exactly because they don't run as much as them?

They don't need less training and he's entitled to spend his vacations out with his family IMO. However he does seem overconfident about his starting position which might backfire big time on him.

He could do well without making any stupid comments. Made more of them than many players do in their entire career at Barca. Same applies to Mathieu too :lol:

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned

If Bravo lets a goal slip through his fingers because he hasn't practiced palming and catching all summer I'm sure how much he runs will be the only thing anyone cares about. I've played goalkeeper for years (Obviously not on the same level) and to suggest they need less training because they don't need to run (Which is also false. Goalkeepers are required to run just as much as anyone else in training) is just ridiculous.

silvia

I think he doesn't mean to offend anyone but a little straightfoward and raw in interview skills.
Could have just said like this :
we are the top two best in the world. We have good relationship and learn from each other. I love healthy competition.
no matter what the interviewer's question is so as not to catch a bait...
Hope he come back in good condition.

Kerrybai

If Bravo lets a goal slip through his fingers because he hasn't practiced palming and catching all summer I'm sure how much he runs will be the only thing anyone cares about. I've played goalkeeper for years (Obviously not on the same level) and to suggest they need less training because they don't need to run (Which is also false. Goalkeepers are required to run just as much as anyone else in training) is just ridiculous.

No goalkeepers don't run as much. Check the distance covered stats. I don't see why you are even arguing this point.

Also have you heard of the copa america? You said he needs to practice palming and catching all summer, well let me tell you something. He spent all summer doing that in Chile while everyone else sat on the beach.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think he doesn't mean to offend anyone but a little straightfoward and raw in interview skills.
Could have just said like this :
we are the top two best in the world. We have good relationship and learn from each other. I love healthy competition.
no matter what the interviewer's question is so as not to catch a bait...
Hope he come back in good condition.

That's the thing with press nowadays(or possibly ever since). Maybe he did say something along those lines but the interview has been manipulated in such a way to create more buzz.

Zangash

Banned
No goalkeepers don't run as much. Check the distance covered stats. I don't see why you are even arguing this point.

Also have you heard of the copa america? You said he needs to practice palming and catching all summer, well let me tell you something. He spent all summer doing that in Chile while everyone else sat on the beach.

In training they are required to run. This is fact. Just because they're standing around in the game doesn't mean they're not expected to be fit. They have to do all the running exercises, all the stretching exercises, and all the workouts just the same as any other player. Just go watch some of the training videos and you'll see the goalkeepers doing many of the same drills as the outfield players until the training starts focusing on the ball.

Observer

Banned
I'd argue it's the same thing with the Bravo fanboys and their constant undermining of ter Stegen performances despite of one getting a much better foundation to perform than the other(consistent minutes).

You know exactly what would happen the moment I name them :lol: Three of them are Chilean. One is based in the US.

Open your eyes. It's not hard to see. If you fail to recognize them then you're in no position to recognize the MAtS fanboys either.

I challenge you to quote a post in which I undermine TS performance. (barely go to his thread and have praised him on live chat quite a few times)

I'm afraid you are speaking of something that's right in front of your mirror, so to avoid it you blame others of having it. (right? "fanboy")

Everything I've said has been 100% real & objective, when I speak about Bravo TS supporters hate it, does that make me a TS hater? LOGIC FAIL ALERT

Want me to quote the bs you speak on Bayern forum? LMFAO

Last edited:

Observer

Banned

:lol::wave:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, if by posting what I say on Bayernforum which would be defending Barca, answering questions about Barca, clearing misunderstandings about Barca and our players and having my own opinions then sure. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Gotta say I didn't expect you to stalk my posts like that though :lol:

Before you try to hunt for Anti-Bravo material, I'll spare you of the time you'd have wasted by posting the only time I commented him:

'Chile deserved to win. Congrats to them and Bravo who has had an outstanding season!'

Btw,

I didn't name you nor did I know you were Chilean, nor do anything suggest I was really serious in that post so weird of you to go defensive like that ;)

Last edited:

Observer

Banned
Spent 5 mins on that forum for Vidal thread, didnt have to lurk much tbh

I've probably been the only consistent blocker of bs in this thread, so sorry if I don't buy it

Home of Barca Fans