Cr150

Djoker

Fair enough. To me the likes of Cruyff, Di Stefano, R9 and others were significantly more gifted than CR. I am not really a fan of CR at all as a player. To me he is more athlete than footballer and spent far too much of his career playing on the shoulder of the last man. He also has a huge list of games where he was poor but covered up with a goal.

I don't know how you can say Mbappe 'isn't particularly close'. When you watch them (CR prime) there's not much difference between them at all. Both are very fast, have fairly tricky feet, look to cut in for the finish. I don't think Mbappe in that RM team that won the CLs makes them worse. And Mbappe has now joined RM and could forge a legacy of his own. As someone who's been playing and watching football for many years, it's abundantly clear that Ronaldo is far closer to Mbappe's talent level than Messi's.

And I agree Griezmann could have been the best player in those World Cups (taking into account Mbappe was only 19 in 2018). Griezmann is a very underrated player. But Ronaldo has never done anything special in any major tournament. He won in 2016 but he and Portugal were mediocre the entire tournament, and he has never come close to Player of the Tournament in any other.

In my respectful opinion, you're giving CR too much credit and undervaluing Mbappe a bit much, especially given Mbappe is still only 25 with probably his best days yet to come. As players they're quite similar in talent and style/profile. I think Ronaldo being a bigger 'celebrity' with more raving fans (not you) and having already played out his career leads to some bias towards him.

But we can agree to disagree.
Good post.

The only thing I really disagree with is the comparison with Mbappe. They are not THAT similar as players. Prime CR is much better at heading the ball, better at scoring from set pieces and better at crossing the ball. Meanwhile, Mbappe is only really better in terms of physicality. Like R9, Mbappe is tough to stop when he gets going more so than CR. But CR was a more complete player and superior in both scoring and playmaking over Mbappe IMO. But yea CR is probably closer to Mbappe than Messi. That part I agree with.

As for Mbappe, I also don't think he gets much better from here. He's turning 26 years old and he's kind of plateaued the last few years. I guess we'll see but I don't think it's likely he gets much better.

Maradona37

Good post.

The only thing I really disagree with is the comparison with Mbappe. They are not THAT similar as players. Prime CR is much better at heading the ball, better at scoring from set pieces and better at crossing the ball. Meanwhile, Mbappe is only really better in terms of physicality. Like R9, Mbappe is tough to stop when he gets going more so than CR. But CR was a more complete player and superior in both scoring and playmaking over Mbappe IMO. But yea CR is probably closer to Mbappe than Messi. That part I agree with.

As for Mbappe, I also don't think he gets much better from here. He's turning 26 years old and he's kind of plateaued the last few years. I guess we'll see but I don't think it's likely he gets much better.
Fair enough then mate. You make some good points.

I'd say that Ronaldo and Mbappe are similar in some aspects of their game, as coming off the left. But like you and Temp have alluded to, Ronaldo has a few more weapons like his ability in the air and superior crossing. Cheers.

KingLeo10

In 2012 when both were in their peak form + Pep/Mou in cl final would have really broken the internet🔥🔥🔥
It already basically happened in 2011 in CL semis over 2 games instead of 1 :lol: And the GOAT clowned CR7 H2H on the big stage :lol:

Also 2009 CL final. CR7 was the reigning Ballon D'Or winner at the time of that final and he got clowned there too.

People like to pretend Messi and CR7 never faced off in the big stage in their prime, when they did in 09 and 11 (and also 08, though that was more CR7's prime and beginning of Messi's)

CatalinR10

Is this the proof he is more a teamplayer than individual player, his heart rate was higher when team scored the winning pen than when he scored 😳

Also look how low the heart rate was when he shot the first pen and how much higher it was when he shot the second pen, must be the greatest heart rate comeback we've ever seen 🔥🔥🔥💯👏

View attachment 10525

What about his HR here ?

GRk98E2bMAIU0Tp

Andresito

Staff member
[Fanzword] Ruud Gullit about the clip of Ronaldo crying: I did not like what happened, every time he wanted to take the free kick.Ronaldo Scored one free kick out of 60,and there are other players in Portugal who are better than him at free kicks.Every time Ronaldo wants to steal the spotlight.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It already basically happened in 2011 in CL semis over 2 games instead of 1 :lol: And the GOAT clowned CR7 H2H on the big stage :lol:

Also 2009 CL final. CR7 was the reigning Ballon D'Or winner at the time of that final and he got clowned there too.

People like to pretend Messi and CR7 never faced off in the big stage in their prime, when they did in 09 and 11 (and also 08, though that was more CR7's prime and beginning of Messi's)

Dude why you turn a normal post into a bait everytime 🤨

By the way when both had team with same strenght, this happened....

Maradona37

Dude why you turn a normal post into a bait everytime 🤨

By the way when both had team with same strenght, this happened....

To be fair wasn't that like two penalties or something lol (didn't watch the video). Neither of them hardly put in a performance for the ages.

I get what you mean though that maybe sometimes someone like me is a bit too harsh on Ronaldo. But he's so hard to like or give credit to.

Maradona37

367 out of 368 animals who played in EURO04 have retired but 1 🐐 is still playing

View attachment 10531
I don't think that's something to respect.

I think it reflects very badly on him that he hasn't retired yet when he's clearly finished. And that he's still destroying Portugal's chances of winning things through his own selfish need to steal the limelight.

I would have more respect if he retired and let the younger generation have a go.

But that is just what I think.

Home of Barca Fans