Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

This is his retirement move, so he thinks might as well get richer and statpad. Not an actual bad move, since no one will judge him at 38 for not trying to compete for cl. He retired as a professional since the interview.

kattanib

I have been watching closley all the news sources ESPN, BBC, SKY SPORTS NEWS, and all forums and not even one person has stated the obvious.

When Ronaldo came back from his pre-season, something had happened to him in the form of physical decline so bad that ETH dropped him more or less from the start.

You could tell he could not been able to control a ball.

Going to the World Cup look at that first two vids where he started missing the actual ball when it would be crossed along the surface for him.

Can you now imagine in training where these low passing drills are taking place every session?

The younger players would have been laughing thier ass off at him and if you think about it , he is been acting like a laughing stock. It might be due to this.

He can't control a ball anymore or anticipate when a ball comes into him.

Some one should do a compilation video from begining of season to now and you will probably compose a video of the Greatest Sheperd of all Time video.

To end, that final through ball from portugal where he has a half chance to score. After Ronaldo had shot it at the keeper you could even see on his face saying "WOW, I did so well even to keep up and make a shot"

That's how low the bar has dropped within 12 months. Even last year you could see the decline but there comes a point where you become uttter shite therefore the saudi leage is perfect for him.

Booge Man .. you say that not a single person stated the obvious including news channels .. then how is that obvious?

bismp

2018/19 was probably the last good season for a player of his caliber (meaning top 10 in the world). He was truly fearsome between 2008 and 2016 or so. In 2017 and 2018 he was still great, but that Real team was truly unbelievable.

Never followed his career that closely, but which season(s) are considered his best?

raskolnikov

2018/19 was probably the last good season for a player of his caliber (meaning top 10 in the world). He was truly fearsome between 2008 and 2016 or so. In 2017 and 2018 he was still great, but that Real team was truly unbelievable.

Never followed his career that closely, but which season(s) are considered his best?
I think he was at his best between 2010-16 with 2013 or 2014 being his overall best year.

Last edited:

Blackened

Which version of Ronaldo was the best? For me, it was something like 2009-2013 during the Mourinho vs Guardiola battles. Ironically, Ronaldo (and Real) started to achieve that now-famous CL-domination when Ronaldo was already declining. Until about 2014 he was still technically a winger with so much pace. The Sweden vs Portugal Euro qualifier of late 2013 is probably Ronaldos finest hour. Scored a hattrick and put a masterclass of a performance. During Reals CL-triple years of 2016-2018 Ronaldo was already merely a poacher who very very rarely did anything remarkable, other than score goals. Wasnt he like the 42nd best dribbler in La Liga in one of those seasons? But boy did he score goals. A heckload of them. Often they were penalties and tap-ins but history books do not care. Remember his five goals against Bayern in 2017? All of them were rather simple and many of them offside but history books wont give a damn. Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the day is the most over-achieving footballer of them all. To say that he was not talented is absurd but ability-wise he is not a top-50 footballer. Through longetivity, hard-work and incredible amount of good fortune he made his legacy.

Morten

Which version of Ronaldo was the best? For me, it was something like 2009-2013 during the Mourinho vs Guardiola battles. Ironically, Ronaldo (and Real) started to achieve that now-famous CL-domination when Ronaldo was already declining. Until about 2014 he was still technically a winger with so much pace. The Sweden vs Portugal Euro qualifier of late 2013 is probably Ronaldos finest hour. Scored a hattrick and put a masterclass of a performance. During Reals CL-triple years of 2016-2018 Ronaldo was already merely a poacher who very very rarely did anything remarkable, other than score goals. Wasnt he like the 42nd best dribbler in La Liga in one of those seasons? But boy did he score goals. A heckload of them. Often they were penalties and tap-ins but history books do not care. Remember his five goals against Bayern in 2017? All of them were rather simple and many of them offside but history books wont give a damn. Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the day is the most over-achieving footballer of them all. To say that he was not talented is absurd but ability-wise he is not a top-50 footballer. Through longetivity, hard-work and incredible amount of good fortune he made his legacy.

Football is a game of chance, and by chance, he happened to be at his individual best when Barca also were at their best, and just as we had gotten together all the pieces as a team, he started his decline not long after.

07-14 was his prime as a footballer, last 3 years at United, first 4-5 seasons at RM, in my opinion.

Not top 50 ability wise? Thats not right, come on, he is not Mario Gomez.

Last edited:

Blackened

Football is a game of chance, and by chance, he happened to be at his individual best when Barca also were at their best, and just as we had gotten together all the pieces as a team, he started his decline not long after.

07-14 was his prime as a footballer, last 3 years at United, first 4-5 seasons at RM, in my opinion.

Not top 50 ability wise? Thats not right, come on, he is not Mario Gomez.

Hmmm... On top of my head.. lets see.

1.Pele
2.Maradona
3.Messi
4.Cruyff
5.R9
6.Ronaldinho
7.Rivaldo
8.Garrincha
9.Zico
10.George Best
11.Paul Gascoigne
12.Zidane
13.Platini
14.Matthaus
15.Rummenigge
16.Di Stefano
17.Henry
18.Suarez
19.Puskas
20.Neymar
21.Mbappe
22.Romario
23. Okocha
24.Eusebio
25.Iniesta
26.Xavi
27.Baresi
28.Meazza
29.Litmanen

Ok, I cant think of 50. And yes, some of those 29 are certainly very arguable. But when I mean "natural talent", I mean football at a persons feet and the player doing his magic. Sure, CR is one of the most WELL-ROUNDED players of all-time, mainly because he can head the ball (his best attribute) so well and (in his prime) could take free-kicks and shoot from a long-distance. But there are so many players who have so much more talent, so much more flair, so much more MAGIC than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans