Cristian Tello

BerkeleyBernie

And if Tello would've started everybody would be complaining that he is a one trick pony that should've been subbed in for the last minutes of the game because it's only then that his pace becomes useful. Right?

:lol:

So many people here think they see more than the coaches who see these players in training everyday, and who understand what each player can offer the team tactically. Tata is obviously a fresh set of eyes who is willing to do many things his way, things Tito didn't want to try, or wouldn't. And yet he still plays Pedro quite a bit. Maybe he, a seasoned football professional, sees things the Pedro-haters/Tello-lovers don't.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Obviously Pedro isn't the perfect player, but that shouldn't mask the fact that Tello isn't really some wonderful alternative. As a power-sub, he's deadly. For smaller games, he's deadly. However watch him against any organized defense and you'd be seeing a player at least 2x more frustrating than Pedro.

I'd much prefer Cuenca getting a few matches here and there to see if he's up for the rotation spot, because Tello is hardly a great solution.

spark

People are aware it was him that passed to Alba right ? Hes not the same player that debuted in 2011. Little by little adds to his game and does well to show it in limited playing time. Not even getting to the Pedro tactical masterclass debates again.

Kerrybai

:lol:

So many people here think they see more than the coaches who see these players in training everyday, and who understand what each player can offer the team tactically. Tata is obviously a fresh set of eyes who is willing to do many things his way, things Tito didn't want to try, or wouldn't. And yet he still plays Pedro quite a bit. Maybe he, a seasoned football professional, sees things the Pedro-haters/Tello-lovers don't.

Pedro offers a lot defensivley and I believe that is why he has kept his place. However as a winger going forward he offers very little. He excels as an inside forward who can people off his defender but for whatever reason this rarely happens for him now, perhaps we play in a different fashion now that doesnt suit him. Tello is itching for more chances and he deserves game time over Pedro who continues to struggle.
Obviously Pedro isn't the perfect player, but that shouldn't mask the fact that Tello isn't really some wonderful alternative. As a power-sub, he's deadly. For smaller games, he's deadly. However watch him against any organized defense and you'd be seeing a player at least 2x more frustrating than Pedro.

I'd much prefer Cuenca getting a few matches here and there to see if he's up for the rotation spot, because Tello is hardly a great solution.

Tello deserves a proper run of games though. When he has played he has been more consistent than Pedro. We will never know for sure if he can be a solution if he doesn't get a decent string of games together.

I'd perosnally love to see Cuenca and Tello rotated on the right side. We need to trust in our youngsters, otherwise we have no business keeping them in the squad.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
He has got 31 international caps to his name, has won the World Cup and the European Championships. How is he not a seasoned international?

On the domestic front he has won 4 league titles, 2 copa's, 4 super copa's, 2 CL's, 2 Euro Super cups and 2 World club cups.

Again, how is he not a seasoned international?!?!?!

Cule4life

The Culest
He has got 31 international caps to his name, has won the World Cup and the European Championships. How is he not a seasoned international?

On the domestic front he has won 4 league titles, 2 copa's, 4 super copa's, 2 CL's, 2 Euro Super cups and 2 World club cups.

He cant live off his glory days. By that logic Kaka and Casillas should start every match in Madrid.

Darko

Just highlighting the fact that him winning all those trophies doesnt necessarily make him the right option at the moment,we all saw him against Valencia and anyone who says he was anything other than useless is a fool.

Darko

Well then I am a fool. Tello doesn't do half the work that Pedro does.

I said nothing about Tello,but Pedro failed at every touch,pass,attempted dribble,missed two clear cut chances,he was just horrible against Valencia,sure he did track back but had only 1 tackle(that i remember).And concerning Tello,we can at least give him a chance.

Jadentheman

If we can get rid of Alexis/Pedro at the same time, obtain Lewondowski, and get Deulofeu to be in rotation with Tello I will be happy

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If we can get rid of Alexis/Pedro at the same time, obtain Lewondowski, and get Deulofeu to be in rotation with Tello I will be happy

Than you won't be happy. First of all, if we buy a #9 it will be a cheaper 'of-the-bench' player because Messi plays centrally. Deulofeu is destined to fail, sry - never understood the hype in the first place. And Pedro? Pedro will play and probably start all matches, even if he sucks, until he retires at the age of 33.

Home of Barca Fans