Cristian Tello

Cule4life

The Culest
Respect Sunny, and others, for even trying. Nowadays it's become so easy to diss a player, even Messi, if you want you can always find something to complain about (Messi doesn't run anymore, Messi has lost speed, among others). Let's just say Pedro scores in a game, they'll say: he sucked besides the goal or it was only against team X. If it was against a good team they'll say: oh it was just one game. Same with Alexis, Piqué, ...
I really can't be bothered with these posters anymore simply because they don't even give arguments or try to discuss it in a mature way, as you already said. It's only "OMFG PIQUE SUCKS HOW IS HE STILL STARTING?" "JEZUS WHY IS ZUBI STILL AROUND SHIT WE SUCK AT TRANSFERS FUCK!" and this every single week. Again and again.

Yeah Pedro has been brilliant the last two years, Pique is world class and doesn't need Puyol or Ramos beside him to mask his mediocrity, and Zubi and Rosell are better than Levy and Baldini at transfers.
Since we are doing this i'm gonna pitch in and say I'm better at football than Messi

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
dummy1.jpg

Galning

Yeah Pedro has been brilliant the last two years, Pique is world class and doesn't need Puyol or Ramos beside him to mask his mediocrity, and Zubi and Rosell are better than Levy and Baldini at transfers.
Since we are doing this i'm gonna pitch in and say I'm better at football than Messi

Euhm yeah because I indeed just said Pedro has been brilliant, that Piqué is world class & that Zubi and Rosell are "better" than other presidents. Are you always going to make up things so that you can continue your childish rants or are you just trolling?
I was talking about the way these subjects were addressed and the stupidity and monotonous tone of these one-liners without much background.

Cule4life

The Culest
Euhm yeah because I indeed just said Pedro has been brilliant, that Piqué is world class & that Zubi and Rosell are "better" than other presidents. Are you always going to make up things so that you can continue your childish rants or are you just trolling?
I was talking about the way these subjects were addressed and the stupidity and monotonous tone of these one-liners without much background.

I can say the same for people continuously spouting one liners to diss Tello like one trick pony, cant play against parked buses, too inexperienced to justify his continuous bench time when in fact he needs playing to to prove himself. And they defend Pedro by spouting meaningless lines like "he is a seasoned international", "he has achieved so much". "he scored in important matches" to justify his terrible form. The pendulum swings both ways Galning.

Regarding Pedro he has had enough time to improve. He plays like a fullback, hugs the touchline too much, prefers to pass to pass to Messi even if he is in fornt of an open goal. doesn't make runs, etc. This has been the trend for over 2 seasons. Tello atleast brings something different. Im not asking for Tello to be a starter but he should be given more chances to prove himself.

Truthist

Tello should be ahead of Pedro, no doubt. Pedro has regressed or found his true level which is not good enough.

Tello deserves a good run and he can surely frighten defenders with his speed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Trickykid

Not a single word on Tello after tonight's performance?
I can see why, though, as he was absolutely anonymous, and the few times he was involved, he looked most of all like an amateur player. Still very early on in the season, of course, but with Alexis looking rather sharp, he needs to make much better use of the few starts he'll be handed.

Galning

Well this is awkward..
Poor performace from Tello, doesn't look better than Pedro & Alexis now huh guys? He was invisible tonight but it was his first start + on the right wing (where he isn't as good) so nothing serious. Although it will be hard for him to get a real chance on the left wing now with Neymar.. if he doesn't learn to play on the right I assume he won't be here very long.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yup, he will have to get accustomed to playing on the right... Today, his best moments were when he shifted briefly to the left like in Pique's through ball...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Shows that the whole "Pedro out, Tello in" tirade proved to have little effect. Tello may not be a support player like Pedro and have a dynamic style, but all of that is entirely useless if he can't do anything with it. Not saying Pedro would've been that great either, but Tello isn't a fix to the issue. Alexis should be our RW starter anyway, he's easily more on form than both and can score or hurt the opposition in different ways despite being a support player.

Kerrybai

Well this is awkward..
Poor performace from Tello, doesn't look better than Pedro & Alexis now huh guys? He was invisible tonight but it was his first start + on the right wing (where he isn't as good) so nothing serious. Although it will be hard for him to get a real chance on the left wing now with Neymar.. if he doesn't learn to play on the right I assume he won't be here very long.

As you said yourself he was played out of position. He struggled to get involved in the game but still came up with 2 dangerous shots on target. Also I don't see what's awkward... those of us calling for him to get more game time felt he deserved a chance based on Pedro's poor showings and Tata's promise to rotate. It appears that Tata shared that sentiment.

Shows that the whole "Pedro out, Tello in" tirade proved to have little effect. Tello may not be a support player like Pedro and have a dynamic style, but all of that is entirely useless if he can't do anything with it. Not saying Pedro would've been that great either, but Tello isn't a fix to the issue. Alexis should be our RW starter anyway, he's easily more on form than both and can score or hurt the opposition in different ways despite being a support player.

I don't think it was ever a case of 'Tello in Pedro out = problem solved.' Especially considering Tello's natural position is on the left. However as you said yourself Pedro may not have done any better and that's what it all boils down to. If neither player is performing well then they should be get equal treatment. Tello's deserves to be trusted after a bad game just like Pedro would be.

I'd like to see him start on the left vs Ajax with Neymar rested. Hopefully he won't his poor performance go to his head.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans