Cristian Tello

JamDav1982

He's never been the same since we signed Neymar. Will definitely leave in the summer imo.

He also was never as good as some people were making out last season.

Was HUGELY over rated on here and looked completely terrible at the U21 tournament as well at end of last season.

Messi_Goal

He has to be one of the worst forwards to ever play for FC Barcelona he is truly awful.
We should just get rid of him and give Adama his game time cos lets face it he could not do any worse but saying that,that is doing Adama an injustice because he looks like a good footballer at least.

Jadentheman

I still remember back in 2012 people were saying that Tello was better than Neymar

:lol:

Own up to it people. I know one of ya'll said it

Jelboo

He has to be one of the worst forwards to ever play for FC Barcelona he is truly awful.

Don't overdo it. Tello is not the best but this is just crazy talk. I agree that he really isn't in good form and he's had an absolutely terrible run lately, some of us here seem to be incapable of any form of nuance.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's never been the same since we signed Neymar. Will definitely leave in the summer imo.

Agreed although I think it's merely a consequence of seeing less playing time...Up until recently he had the least amount of minutes in the squad, even less than Roberto...Of course, no one was going to predict the resurgence of Pedro & Alexis as goalscorers which exacerbated that problem...With Deulofeu returning in summer, even Tello understands the writing is on the wall

Still, I recognize the heavy number of casual fans and bandwagoners that have been joining the forum of late who really know little of the club or it's even recent history...But cantera players, particularly Catalan ones, are the backbone of what makes this team unique...You can't buy loyalty and blood/sweat for a special club like Barcelona - it's cultivated over many years

I said this a year or so ago but once he turned down Asspanyol and 1st team football there after being dismissed by Barcelona, Cristian put his head down and worked on his game...That improvement saw his return to his boyhood club, albeit with the B team initially and the 1st team eventually...Everytime he was put into matches over the last couple of seasons, he created danger or goals and was rarely matched for pace by opposing defenders...He provided a weapon that the team hasn't had since I've followed the team

He may end up becoming surplus to needs because of the great depth of the squad and the talent of Deulofeu but club players should, IMO, be given much more respect by fans as they are the essence of Barcelona football...The veterans who know the club well understand this I'm sure but just a reminder to those who have confused this club with the capital circus that cares little about grooming talent while creating a culture within the club for it's players and fans

Tello deserves better from both the club & many of the fickle fans but when he makes his way to the Premiership, I'm sure we'll be reminded again of how much talent he has when given support and minutes...Of course, the forum is full of revisionists so that too will be predictable when those same cynics will be spinning some tale of how he never did well here

If Deulo returns, we should sell Tello over the summer. I have a feeling he'll do ok wherever he goes, but that we won't miss him.

Last edited:

The Observer

He also was never as good as some people were making out last season.

Was HUGELY over rated on here and looked completely terrible at the U21 tournament as well at end of last season.

He wasn't this bad and his pace looked refreshing in a team that looked completely lifeless upfront except Messi. But yeah, it was obvious that he was never Barca material long term. He might not be the worst Barca forward but certainly the most 1-dimensional one I've seen. He has 2 moves:

Kick ball towards byline and chase it.
Curling shot towards the far post with the inside of his foot.
/end

Linkup play, passing etc. non-existent (even at his best). I'd rather start to develop Adama in the first team next season instead of keeping Tello.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He wasn't this bad and his pace looked refreshing in a team that looked completely lifeless upfront except Messi. But yeah, it was obvious that he was never Barca material long term. He might not be the worst Barca forward but certainly the most 1-dimensional one I've seen. He has 2 moves:

/end

Linkup play, passing etc. non-existent (even at his best). I'd rather start to develop Adama in the first team next season instead of keeping Tello.
So freaking true. :lol: :rofl1:

P

Patty2720

/end

Adama have so much more potential than Tello, so playing Tello and not Adama is beyond me.

Home of Barca Fans