Cristian Tello

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think the best thing for Tello and the club is to do what we have done with Deulofue and send him to the EPL for a year. Let him get some regular playing time and then make a decision on his future from there. He was awful yesterday, but that was mainly due to a lack of match fitness and low confidence. He has too much potential to be just disposed of, is a Masia product and he is a Catalan.

Zebulun

"This is not a social Club" this is one of the top 3 clubs in the WORLD. Goodbye Tello, even though he scored some goals, a half cooked turkey could do the same as him and better. even pique wants him out, he tried doing the same thing over and over, he's not even a threat to the opposition. hope he goes to a club like west ham or stoke, might have some joy there with the tall CF's waiting for crosses all day.

Galning

It's funny how people always boast the Catalan identity and loyalty of the players towards the club but if it's the other way around "we're not a social club". I guess those people wouldn't be mad if Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc... leave to the likes of PSG & City.
Loan him out next year, if not good, sell him.

NeyMesSis

all said we should sell bartra last season.. and he wouldnt make it in a la liga club.. and now everybody says hes better than pique.

BTW: bayern are intereted in pique for the summer.. buut yes hee is soo bad

last season tello was second best forward and everybody loved him and now he is the worst forward in the history.. :lol:

this shows how this forum works :D

Kerrybai

all said we should sell bartra last season.. and he wouldnt make it in a la liga club.. and now everybody says hes better than pique.

BTW: bayern are intereted in pique for the summer.. buut yes hee is soo bad

last season tello was second best forward and everybody loved him and now he is the worst forward in the history.. :lol:

this shows how this forum works :D

Football fans are fickle. They have short memories and an inability to differentiate between poor and under performing players. Tello will hopefully find a good home where he can play at his best. I'd like to know why some people think he's a poor player when sole of the finest managers in the world have put their faith in him.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

all in Football ‏@allinFootball1
#Barcelona forward Cristian Tello, who has been linked with a move to #Liverpool, insists he has no intention of leaving the Nou Camp. (Sky)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Football fans are fickle. They have short memories and an inability to differentiate between poor and under performing players. Tello will hopefully find a good home where he can play at his best. I'd like to know why some people think he's a poor player when sole of the finest managers in the world have put their faith in him.

He's not as bad as some are saying, but he simply isn't Barca quality. Forget underperforming, he literally shows time and time again that he has only 2 attacking maneuvers that the Observer described above and carries a huge vault of flaws including poor control, intelligence, technique, decision making, and linkup. He doesn't have the trust of the finest managers in the world, Tata has been very hesitant to play him (rightfully) and he was a complete joke in the u21 tournament with Lopetegui.

The Tello and Bartra comparison is a pretty weak one to be honest. Bartra was shaky last season really because of nerves, his traits as a CB were shown to be good it's just that he had trouble executing them and being assured of himself. It was thought he would never make it because Tito NEVER trusted him (unfairly) so he wouldn't be able to get any chances to improve and develop. This season, it was a combination of Tata's belief and his own dedication that Bartra has shone the way he has. Tello on the other hand isn't able to earn the trust of a fair coach who does give chances to those who deserve it. He is underperforming right now but even at his best, he still is a truly rigid player with a small comfort zone and flaws that easily outweigh any of his abilities.

He is Catalan and he loves the club and he's a hard worker, but we can't sit around waiting for him to do better than the abysmally low bar he set for himself just because of the club's virtues. He'll get his fair share of chances, he'll get a loan move next season for more playing time, and then in all likelihood he won't come back. Adama and Deulofeu are two talents who are equally deserving of the same attention and patience as Tello yet offer so much more in terms of talent and potential, making them worth developing. Deulo represents the "Catalan canterano" label much more than Tello does, so there isn't some huge breach in moral standards to say that Tello has had his chance and he can't be favored over other youth players who offer more just because of some sympathy praise he is getting in a poor run of form.

JamDav1982

Agreed although I think it's merely a consequence of seeing less playing time...Up until recently he had the least amount of minutes in the squad, even less than Roberto...Of course, no one was going to predict the resurgence of Pedro & Alexis as goalscorers which exacerbated that problem...With Deulofeu returning in summer, even Tello understands the writing is on the wall

Still, I recognize the heavy number of casual fans and bandwagoners that have been joining the forum of late who really know little of the club or it's even recent history...But cantera players, particularly Catalan ones, are the backbone of what makes this team unique...You can't buy loyalty and blood/sweat for a special club like Barcelona - it's cultivated over many years

I said this a year or so ago but once he turned down Asspanyol and 1st team football there after being dismissed by Barcelona, Cristian put his head down and worked on his game...That improvement saw his return to his boyhood club, albeit with the B team initially and the 1st team eventually...Everytime he was put into matches over the last couple of seasons, he created danger or goals and was rarely matched for pace by opposing defenders...He provided a weapon that the team hasn't had since I've followed the team

He may end up becoming surplus to needs because of the great depth of the squad and the talent of Deulofeu but club players should, IMO, be given much more respect by fans as they are the essence of Barcelona football...The veterans who know the club well understand this I'm sure but just a reminder to those who have confused this club with the capital circus that cares little about grooming talent while creating a culture within the club for it's players and fans

Tello deserves better from both the club & many of the fickle fans but when he makes his way to the Premiership, I'm sure we'll be reminded again of how much talent he has when given support and minutes...Of course, the forum is full of revisionists so that too will be predictable when those same cynics will be spinning some tale of how he never did well here

Same old same old from this guy.

Anyone who disagrees with him is a 'bandwagoner' who doesn't understand the club the way he does.

Face facts you were wrong and you massively over rated Tello who is not up to Barcelona standard. Then move on.

CatalinR10

I still remember back in 2012 people were saying that Tello was better than Neymar

1503249_10201510816395412_333628169_n.jpg

KhaledBarca

So now its Tello's turn to get bashed?

The kid didn't have enough playing time, he rarely plays this season. You're blaming him for a bad performance after months not starting any game!!!

For those who expect to much from him, should blame themselves. He was never a good passer, what made him special last season, that he's more direct than the other forwards on the team and that haven't changed. He just needs playing time and with Messi/Neymar/Pedro and Alexis that'snot possible now. He should leave in the summer and prove himself some where else. EPL would be good for him!

P

Patty2720

I just can't see why we need him in our squad

Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Pedro and Fàbregas is enoug.

Home of Barca Fans