Cristian Tello

raedkuwait

Disgraceful the way cantera players have been treated since Pep left and while the Thiago screwup was bad enough, Tello's story is even more disconcerting to me as a culé...Someone who fought to come back to a club that initially discarded him only to be marginalized over & over again when he provides an offensive solution that no other player in the squad can...Very strange to see a club like Barcelona kick to the curb one of their own cantera players the way he has been...Cuenca won't be far behind...Very disappointing and an embarrassment for the club

I think many people take the entire homegrown thing the wrong way. Canteranos don't just come knocking at the first team's door already being world class players like the likes of Iniesta or Busquets are now. They are kids with potential, and that potential needs to be recognized, nurtured and given the right circumstances to evolve. The chances that they are given by the first team coach is what makes them or breaks them. If Pep and the guys before him had the same politics in regard to canteranos that Tito and Tata had, I bet anything that our now world famous canteranos like Messi, Iniesta, Busquets etc. wouldn't be the players they are today. It's not that the likes of Montoya and Bartra are that much behind what our now senior players were at their age, it's also that the coach and the chances they're given under particular circumstances don't have the same effect on them. It takes balls and brains for a coach to give a young player a chance ahead of a senior player, but that's part of the job. And the reason why it's not happening anymore is not just about the canterano situation, it's a wider problem that's been happening here for quite a while now.

We don't see players chosen based on merit, but based on their name. When's the last time you saw a Barca player subbed out because he was having a bad game? This is a completely usual thing in football. But it doesn't happen in Barca anymore. Anything that happens here now is automatic. Automatic lineups, automatic substitution choices, automatic substitution timing, nothing that is based on the situation and the performance. This team needs a huge kick in the ass and a system that will use whatever works best for any particular situation. Regardless of whether the name is Busquets or Toure, Montoya or Alves, Fabregas or Roberto, Bartra or Mascherano or whatever else...

both are really great posts, as i said before, at least have the balls to bring on different player that might change the game or might want to prove his worth
when your star player is playing like shit like last game with pedro.

CatalinR10

Tw Tello: "Nothing has been written. We have to suffer and fight until the end. Win or lose, it only depends on us. Come on, Barça #Believe"

He was decent in the time he got

abual3bed1

He could've earned a penalty.I thought he should've subbed in earlier, might have used his pace when we played counter attack for some minutes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He could've earned a penalty.I thought he should've subbed in earlier, might have used his pace when we played counter attack for some minutes.

Tata could've/should've done this sooner and more often this season, could've helped his confidence and given the team more points if not variety - especially against so many teams who have audaciously played high lines against Barcelona...Each match we're treated to the same repetition of failing to penetrate in that final third while getting bludgeoned on the counter

F

Flavia

925879_505126492947340_1440638881_n.jpg

Cute little girl. Looks like him.

Armando929

I hope he stays. We'll regret it if he leaves. He has so much potential if he could only have a manger who believes in him and works him into the team. He could push Neymar for time on that left side.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can't pass. He can't dribble. His first touch is so bad. He got one trick in his armory. I don't see what we're gonna regret by letting him go. Let him shine somwhere else where his strenghts will be utilized. It can't and won't be utilized here unless we completely change our style of play.

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

Imagine one of Pedro/Alexis are sold and there remains Messi, Neymar, Pedro/Alexis, Deulofeu and Tello as a 9, and 5 forwards aren't that many either.

At this point All I care about is Messi, Neymar and Deulofeu being in the squad, but I do agree that Tello could turn out to be a player like David Villa.

Galning

I hope he stays. We'll regret it if he leaves. He has so much potential if he could only have a manger who believes in him and works him into the team. He could push Neymar for time on that left side.

He will leave imo. With Deulofeu coming back and Adama coming through.. I don't think there's a place for him. We don't know what Luis Enrique's plans are though so maybe he'll want Tello to stay. I think Tello himself has said that he will first listen what the new coach has to say before making a decision.

serghei

Should go. He will feel very good in England. He's tailor made for that league in terms of style. Should ask at least 15 m. for him.

Kerrybai

I'll be sad to see him go but he need's to as he's not getting enough minutes here. He's a fantastic finisher so we should get a nice chunk of change.

Home of Barca Fans