Cristian Tello

Theconomist

Not when you are trying to compare Tello to talents based on age alone

Definitely off topic...A better winger in Europe at this age?

First of all you brought Alexis up so when I said off topic I was talking about your statement(s)

and how the hell does your mind work?
Saying that Tello had more impact in Europe than Lucas and Neymar isn't illogical because I tried to compare him to players his own age...

Alexis was never a winger for Udinese, he played up front with Di Natale.He scored 21 goals in over 100 games. 4 of those being in a single game where surprise the barca scout was present.
Marco Reus,Eden Hazard,Di Maria(is older by a few months only) 3 just off the top of my head.
And because I know you'll argue about Reus, he scored 49 in 109 for Borussia and is all around a better WINGER than Alexis.

And no this isn't me criticizing alexis, he will hopefully be an important player for us but he is not,by a mile the best winger in his age group.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
First of all you brought Alexis up so when I said off topic I was talking about your statement(s)

He now has everything to succeed.
A shiny new deal, lots of confidence from that motm performance and the trust of the manager.
The ball is in his court, let's see what he does with it

Let's not forget that he is as old as Thiago,Neymar,Lucas and Oscar.
I hope he turns out to be a hidden gem and not a one trick pony.

You alluded to both Tello's age and comparing them to world talents of similar age...That, was your analogy, not mine...and it was a poor one as I already spelled out

and how the hell does your mind work?
Saying that Tello had more impact in Europe than Lucas and Neymar isn't illogical because I tried to compare him to players his own age...

It is when you compare Tello to players who have yet to play in Europe let alone play in a Barca system, it was the logical equivalent of apples to oranges

Alexis was never a winger for Udinese, he played up front with Di Natale.He scored 21 goals in over 100 games. 4 of those being in a single game where surprise the barca scout was present.

One, you obviously know little about him to claim he was never a winger at Udinese...In fact, despite eventually being deployed centrally as a support striker for Di Natale, his natural position has long been right wing

Moreover, he was never lauded as a goalscorer...It was his ability to provide width and destabilize defenses with his attacking runs

Marco Reus,Eden Hazard,Di Maria(is older by a few months only) 3 just off the top of my head

Reus (Plays as a SS for Dortmund) & Hazard are not wingers but you got Alexis wrong too, so no surprises really...Di Maria is probably the best winger in Europe, perhaps the world, atm...Unless your logic includes deeming 2nd best as unworthy of world class praise...in which case, I suppose that there are no world class midfielders outside of Barcelona

And because I know you'll argue about Reus, he scored 49 in 109 for Borussia and is all around a better WINGER than Alexis

Reus is a terrific talent but has yet to establish himself in the same sphere as Alexis...maybe he'll eventually play as a winger but for now, as a SS or forward, he is one to watch

Your persistent criticism of Barcelona players is admirable for someone professing to be a fan...even when you continue to keep taking it off topic

PearLBLacK

Banned
Di maria the best winger in the world lets all laugh

Who's better? If you're referring to Ronaldo, he doesn't play as a pure winger. Or maybe you're considering injury prone Robbery?

Di Maria led the Liga in assists for more than half of the season even though he missed a great deal of the first half and second half. More assists than Ozil and Messi.

His dribbling, skillful touch, vision, and end-product is unmatched considering his age.

Back to topic, after Thiago, Tello is your best product in the past 3 years. Even better than Cuenca, imo.

Theconomist

I'm tired of this,constructive criticism simply doesn't work with some people.

All hail Tello the future non-injury prone Robben. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Better?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Who's better? If you're referring to Ronaldo, he doesn't play as a pure winger. Or maybe you're considering injury prone Robbery?

Di Maria led the Liga in assists for more than half of the season even though he missed a great deal of the first half and second half. More assists than Ozil and Messi.

His dribbling, skillful touch, vision, and end-product is unmatched considering his age.

Ribery is as good, Robben is better when he's on form (which he hasn't been for over a year, so I doubt he'll get back). Except for them... there's not that many great wingers out there

PearLBLacK

Banned
Ribery maybe, but Robben is a one-trick player and complete choker. Di Maria has bad games every now and then, but he doesn't choke on the big stages like Robben. Only thing Robben has on Di Maria is speed.

Paganinisrvnge

Robben would be so good if he would actually learn to do something other than cutting inside and taking a shot. he does it EVERY time. Anyhow, Di Maria is a diver BUT he is very good. He and Higuain are 2 of the few attackers that Messi plays well with in Argentina. Tevez and Lavezzi should never ever be called up again. Tevez probably won't but Lavezzi will. :angry:

Theconomist

Traditional wingers are not as rampant as they once were due to the ineffectivness of the 4-4-2 against 4-2-3-1 and it's deviation which is the most popular formation in today's game.
Even Barcelona doesn't play with traditional wingers. Robben is one of the last true wingers out there, yes he is predictable but for decades a winger's job was to simply cross the ball into the box which today is the full back's duty usualy.

zanela

Robben is more of an 'inverted' winger. The likes of Jesus navas, A. Valencia, G. bale, Joaquin are your traditional wingers.

Yugi

ever considered Pedro as one of the best wingers? he is right there with the best, maybe the best for me....dat goal and control vs Madrid :worthy:

Theconomist

ever considered Pedro as one of the best wingers? he is right there with the best, maybe the best for me....dat goal and control vs Madrid :worthy:

Pedro has been near his best these past few weeks the problem is that the past year was a disaster for him so people tend to overlook him a bit.

Wouterinho

Traditional wingers are not as rampant as they once were due to the ineffectivness of the 4-4-2 against 4-2-3-1 and it's deviation which is the most popular formation in today's game.
Even Barcelona doesn't play with traditional wingers. Robben is one of the last true wingers out there, yes he is predictable but for decades a winger's job was to simply cross the ball into the box which today is the full back's duty usualy.
Crossing was indeed a winger's job for decades, but Robben does basically the opposite, he always cuts inside.

About the general topic (Tello): As someone mentioned before, his ability to create goalscoring opportunities for himself is promosing. He's got a lot of work left, but I think he's a promising talent.

PearLBLacK

Banned

He's still not a traditional winger like the ones Zanela mentioned. But he is one of the best at his position.

Home of Barca Fans