Cristian Tello

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pedro has been near his best these past few weeks the problem is that the past year was a disaster for him so people tend to overlook him a bit.

And that's the thing, in his day and when Pedro is on, I'd take him everyday over Di Maria...I think his form is returning so I am optimistic...I just wonder if his inconsistency is tied to the rotations now...He used to be the super sub that would turn the match when he came on and we're seeing a return of that as evidenced with Tito's subs lately

In any event, I think he's a twat yet I still find Di Maria to be the premier winger atm

PearLBLacK

Banned
And that's the thing, in his day and when Pedro is on, I'd take him everyday over Di Maria...I think his form is returning so I am optimistic...I just wonder if his inconsistency is tied to the rotations now...He used to be the super sub that would turn the match when he came on and we're seeing a return of that as evidenced with Tito's subs lately

In any event, I think he's a twat yet I still find Di Maria to be the premier winger atm

Di Maria is more of a provider. You won't find him doing diagonal runs or anything of the kind. Pedro, on the other hand, is mostly about his diagonal runs (either to drag opponents out of Messi's way or to receive the ball and shoot), like that goal in the 1-1 CL Clasico. That's the main difference in their gameplay.

Di Maria has slightly the upper hand in dribbling.
Pedro is faster and has the better first touch.
Pedro is a better goalscorer, while Di Maria is a better assister.
Di Maria is more consistent, but Pedro is less injury-prone.

They're both beasts when on form.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Di Maria is more of a provider. You won't find him doing diagonal runs or anything of the kind. Pedro, on the other hand, is mostly about his diagonal runs (either to drag opponents out of Messi's way or to receive the ball and shoot), like that goal in the 1-1 CL Clasico. That's the main difference in their gameplay.

Di Maria has slightly the upper hand in dribbling.
Pedro is faster and has the better first touch.
Pedro is a better goalscorer, while Di Maria is a better assister.
Di Maria is more consistent, but Pedro is less injury-prone.

They're both beasts when on form.

But unfortunally Pedro has not really been on form for the last season or so. There are flashes of his 2009-2010 season, but he needs to step it up with some more golazos!

Theconomist

But unfortunally Pedro has not really been on form for the last season or so. There are flashes of his 2009-2010 season, but he needs to step it up with some more golazos!

I'd rather he has a more consistent goal return of say around a goal every 2 games or three with an assist thrown here and there consistently rather than goalazos.

Galning

His new contract will officialy make him a first team player. Deal until 2016 :)
Good to see another player from La Masia make it to the first team.

yeswecan

icon_facepalm.gif

CatalinR10

Sports director Zubizarreta has met with agent of Cristian Tello, whose renewal until 2016 has been speeded up. Deal basically done. [ser]

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
It's interesting how at the end all of our best and reliable players come from our youth setup.

Theconomist

It's interesting how at the end all of our best and reliable players come from our youth setup.

Yeah like Romario,Rivaldo,Kluivert,Ronaldo,Ronaldinho,Henry,Eto'o,Abidal,Dani Alves...

The players that have played a big role in barca after graduating from la masia: Guardiola,Xavi,Iniesta,Valdes and of course the 87 Golden generation which we'll probably never see one similar again.
La masia crucial to Barca but some perspective; players we buy have as much impact on the team as players who graduate, our transfer record has simply been sub par to say the least since Guardiola's era but that's improving lately with less expensive players in more strategic positions.

Home of Barca Fans