Cristian Tello

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

That title belongs to Villa.

True. Villa´s finishing career requires a bow:worthy:

I think Tello is evolving very well. I dont want to disregard Alexis struggle but Tello is faster, dribbles and finishes. And he´s from the youth system.
I thought Alexis would kill it in barça but... A season and a half has passed.. :(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Iniesta playing on the left made things very much difficult for all of our wing forwards except Pedro. Villa, Alexis, Tello and, to an extent, Cuenca, all fell back one spot in the pecking order. How will it look for Deulofeu?
However, one cannot deny that Iniesta playing on the left works nor can you argue with Cesc's stats.
Don't know what will happen next season. Maybe a midfielder on the left (Pjanic rumors) will continue to be a norm and thus making left forwards obsolete.

P

PhilS

I concur. But man Tello has some lethal finishing! He is a great striker of the ball and adds a crazy curve to his shot. If he can improve his decision making and accuracy we could have a certified gem on our hands. Not to mention his CRAZY speed. I'd like to see him race Pedro and Alexis lol

Alba and Thiago are also speed demons. These five speedsters are the future of this team. Some of the older players will have to leave to make room.

When Pep was in charge, he aggressively brought the young Masia talent into the rotation, he bought the right type of players, and he cleared out those that did not fit or who were getting too old. His every small squads kept up morale, either you played regularly or you left. I'm concerned that Barca is already getting away from these Pep methods. The squad is too big this year, the youngsters are not getting enough opportunity, and some long-term contracts are being signed by older players.

Alba and Thiago are also speed demons. These five speedsters are the future of this team. Some of the older players will have to leave to make room.

When Pep was in charge, he aggressively brought the young Masia talent into the rotation, he bought the right type of players, and he cleared out those that did not fit or who were getting too old. His every small squads kept up morale, either you played regularly or you left. I'm concerned that Barca is already getting away from these Pep methods. The squad is too big this year, the youngsters are not getting enough opportunity, and some long-term contracts are being signed by older players.

We do need to have depth. So I like having a bigger team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Phil makes a good point though and I recall Zubi or one of the local papers intimating that the club would use a smaller squad next season...Makes both fiscal & sporting sense I guess, especially with the young players moving up each year - there are only so many minutes to go around

Jaguar

Flair Trait

Thiago? A speed demon? Sorry but Thiago is faster than Xavi but I doubt if he is even as fast as Iniesta, definitely not a speed demon.

Ender

1360496608_295485_1360523688_album_normal.jpg
Stunning photo. Wish it was a higher resolution; would've made a great wallpaper.

N

Noldorin

Alba/Tello would probably run a 12s 100m or thereabouts. Nowhere near Usain Bolt, but they could probably beat him slaleming (as motion tends to be in football). ;)

Garrus

Sport reported that tello is one of the 3 players that will to leave in the summer, Along with Villa and adriano, Atletico is the most probable destination.

What a shocker!

Home of Barca Fans