Cristian Tello

hellsangel1

If somebody is in a better position to score then you pass them the ball, if anybody decides otherwise and wants to play hero, he won't last on this team very long.

Kerrybai

He was selfish and that's not the type of player that will succeed at Barca, when there is a player in a better goal-scoring position than you are, you pass it to him (whether that be Messi or anyone else).
Iniesta could have passed too near the end. When you get the ball you have to think quick, some players have an instinct to shoot. The best decision isn't always taken, and it's unfair to single out tello. Messi is often guilty of not passing.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'm sure we had people complaining about everyone passing the ball to Messi instead of shooting. Now, it's the other way around? Nobody in the world has perfect decision-making, not even Messi. Just because you shot instead of passing once or twice doesn't mean you're going to flop at Barca or something ridiculous like that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm sure we had people complaining about everyone passing the ball to Messi instead of shooting. Now, it's the other way around? Nobody in the world has perfect decision-making, not even Messi. Just because you shot instead of passing once or twice doesn't mean you're going to flop at Barca or something ridiculous like that.

+1

hellsangel1

It's just a general mindset that I'm talking about. If somebody is in a better position to score a goal than you pass them the ball, irrespective of who you pass it to. In the last game against Getafe, Thiago had a good opportunity to score and yet he passed it to to an open Pique who is a CB but was in a better position to score. That;s the Barca way, where selflessness is an important part of the game and where players are taught to pass the ball to the open guy. The game was already over at that time and nobody would've faulted Thiago if he went for goal but the fact that he passed it really showed the team-first mentality of this club and it's players.

And to say that Messi is 'often' guilty of not passing is not quite accurate. You don;t get as many assists as Messi does if you 'often' don't pass, and that too while carrying a frontline that has an inconsistent Pedro and Alexis,who has been terrible for quite some time now. I remember during this game in the second half when Messi was incorrectly called for offside when he had a great opportunity to score and yet he passed it to a wide open Fabregas (I think).

I'm not saying that Tello can't be successful or there is something wrong with his mindset but if you play selfishly at this club then you certainly won't last here very long. This game was close (in terms of the scoreline) and Barca had a 1 goal lead, in that situation you need to learn to do what's best for the team and put this game to bed.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Right, it's one thing to say he needs to pass the ball and another to actually do it. Tello has scored quite a few goals in his limited time, there's no reason for him to think he couldn't score once more. Retrospectively, it was obviously a mistake, but at the time it's hard to say if it was a good decision or not. And Tello does have a few assists, so it's not like he doesn't pass the ball or always plays selfishly.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's just a general mindset that I'm talking about. If somebody is in a better position to score a goal than you pass them the ball, irrespective of who you pass it to. In the last game against Getafe, Thiago had a good opportunity to score and yet he passed it to to an open Pique who is a CB but was in a better position to score. That;s the Barca way, where selflessness is an important part of the game and where players are taught to pass the ball to the open guy. The game was already over at that time and nobody would've faulted Thiago if he went for goal but the fact that he passed it really showed the team-first mentality of this club and it's players.

And to say that Messi is 'often' guilty of not passing is not quite accurate. You don;t get as many assists as Messi does if you 'often' don't pass, and that too while carrying a frontline that has an inconsistent Pedro and Alexis,who has been terrible for quite some time now. I remember during this game in the second half when Messi was incorrectly called for offside when he had a great opportunity to score and yet he passed it to a wide open Fabregas (I think).

I'm not saying that Tello can't be successful or there is something wrong with his mindset but if you play selfishly at this club then you certainly won't last here very long. This game was close (in terms of the scoreline) and Barca had a 1 goal lead, in that situation you need to learn to do what's best for the team and put this game to bed.

Why do you take an isolated incidence and turn it into some huge deal as if it affects the players mentality or style permanently and hinders their chances at the club? Have some solid, consistent evidence before you make rash claims like this.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi hates Tello and Villa, and asked Rosell to sell every single forward player in the team... Also there are rumors he's starting to hate midfielders too and that once spitted while being 150 meters away from Song, which also makes him a racist...

Seriously, people need to stop making a big thing out of every single detail... Yes, Tello made a bad decision and Messi got pissed, but I can bet my ass that if Messi hadn't reacted to the mistake people wouldn't have even noticed it, and people would be talking about how Tello is sooo much better than Alexis and all that jazz...

cloned warrior

Messi hates Tello and Villa, and asked Rosell to sell every single forward player in the team... Also there are rumors he's starting to hate midfielders too and that once spitted while being 150 meters away from Song, which also makes him a racist...

Seriously, people need to stop making a big thing out of every single detail... Yes, Tello made a bad decision and Messi got pissed, but I can bet my ass that if Messi hadn't reacted to the mistake people wouldn't have even noticed it, and people would be talking about how Tello is sooo much better than Alexis and all that jazz...

What have you done??? You have given marca a story to run! and they will quote u!!!

hellsangel1

Why do you take an isolated incidence and turn it into some huge deal as if it affects the players mentality or style permanently and hinders their chances at the club? Have some solid, consistent evidence before you make rash claims like this.

Is there some kind of a general rule to not discuss individual incidents from a match?? especially in that those incidents could have had a huge bearing on the result of the game . Did I breach a sacred code or something????All I ever said was that ANYBODY who exhibited selfishness in their decision-making wasn't going to last on this team. What part of that statement do you find rash????

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Discuss individual incidents≠Saying a player won't last very long at the club
One selfish decision≠A selfish player

hellsangel1

One selfish decision≠A selfish player

Yes and that;s why I said that if a player 'continues' to exhibit that then he won't last, especially if that person happens to be a 'fringe' player. It's just a realistic view IMO. The standards are really high at a club like this and you have to learn quickly.

I don't know why this is being made into such a big deal.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Is there some kind of a general rule to not discuss individual incidents from a match?? especially in that those incidents could have had a huge bearing on the result of the game . Did I breach a sacred code or something????All I ever said was that ANYBODY who exhibited selfishness in their decision-making wasn't going to last on this team. What part of that statement do you find rash????

I find it rash that you call him selfish after one game. He's not consistently making selfish decisions and what he brings to the team actually helps considering our lack of goalscorers. You can't accurately judge his entire style and future at the club based off of one game. If you want to do so, go right ahead. All I'm saying is that you lack credibility when your evidence is so limited and incidental.

hellsangel1

I find it rash that you call him selfish after one game. He's not consistently making selfish decisions and what he brings to the team actually helps considering our lack of goalscorers. You can't accurately judge his entire style and future at the club based off of one game. If you want to do so, go right ahead. All I'm saying is that you lack credibility when your evidence is so limited and incidental.

I'm not saying that he is a selfish player. I'm just saying that he made a couple of selfish decisions and if he continues to do so then he won't last on this team. A fringe player like Tello won't get many opportunites and he will have to learn pretty quickly.

abual3bed1

He's trying to seize the little chances he get and that's why he's trying to take a shot whenever he see the opportunity to do so.

Home of Barca Fans