Cristian Tello

Mr Hulot

It's no secret that Tello is actually a good finisher, unlike Alexis, so that comparison will always favor the canterano... At this point I doubt the coaching staff isn't aware of the quality Tello brings to the team, but that doesn't mean he should start every game right away... He is on the right track and with patience he will cement his role in the team in the next couple of seasons, that's not to say Alexis, Pedro or Villa should be automatically ahead of Tello in the pecking order...

:goodpost:

Y

Youngie

Tello's buyout clause is now 10M. It will become 14M when he has played 50 games (25+ minutes), and 18M when he has played 70 games. [ser]

dmode

Can't believe people still doubt Tello. Given the opportunity he has time and again proved himself. I think he has great technique, and always provides a dependable option in the wings. He also very effective in counter attack due to his pace, and will prove himself to be very valuable in the long term.

B

Besiktas

Tito's biggest mistake is not giving tello deserved playing time. Pep had given the jersey to Pedro over Zlatan and Henry because Pedro was performing better and deserving it more than them in that time. Justice is very important issue in the squad. Players respects a coach if he gives the jersey to the deserving one's. Pep was a really good coach in terms of justice.

Tito should give more playing time to Tello over Alexis and Pedro. The kid simply deserves this. He was the MOTM in Celta game. Everyone was waiting to see him in PSG away after Celta game since Pedro was suspended for that match. However, Tito choose to play Alexis. In the PSG home match, Tello was not even in the match squad. He should stop playing undeserving players because of their names, market prizes. He should reward Tello because of his fantastic performances. If he does not change this situation, I am afraid that Tello will leave us this summer.

Last edited:

Theconomist

Tito's biggest mistake is not giving tello deserved playing time. Pep had given the jersey to Pedro over Zlatan and Henry because Pedro was performing better and deserving it more than them in that time. Justice is very important issue in the squad. Players respects a coach if he gives the jersey to the deserving one's. Pep was a really good coach in terms of justice.

Tito should give more playing time to Tello over Alexis and Pedro. The kid simply deserves this. He was the MOTM in Celta game. Everyone was waiting to see him in PSG away after Celta game since Pedro was suspended for that match. However, Tito choose to play Alexis. In the PSG home match, Tello was not even in the match squad. He should stop playing undeserving players because of their names, market prizes. He should reward Tello because of his fantastic performances. If he does not change this situation, I am afraid that Tello will leave us this summer.

Tello doesn't deserve anything. He's a youth player who's being used often enough when we need him. Senior players unless they are incredibly below par will always get the nod. It was the case with Alexis a while ago and Tello played over him. Now Alexis is back on ''form'' more or less so Tello is getting less play time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tello's buyout clause is now 10M. It will become 14M when he has played 50 games (25+ minutes), and 18M when he has played 70 games. [ser]

Still a joke. I know Tello probably asked for a release clause but if they gave in to that miserable amount they obviously misjudged his talent completely.
And here I blame the coaching staff, as Zubi surely checks with them before making any extensions.
Add to that the precedent they've set so now we can expect any youngster coming up asking symbolic release clauses.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And let's be honest, €10 million is a drop in the proverbial bucket for most sides - particularly Premiership clubs

The only way he isn't scooped up is if the player himself feels valued and wants to stay but gotta wonder whether he still feels that way considering how little he has played

Sets a precedent going forward with other cantera player as I remarked earlier in the season, think it's a big mistake

B

Besiktas

Tello doesn't deserve anything. He's a youth player who's being used often enough when we need him. Senior players unless they are incredibly below par will always get the nod. It was the case with Alexis a while ago and Tello played over him. Now Alexis is back on ''form'' more or less so Tello is getting less play time.

In football, the age, market value, name should come always after the performance in the pitch. According to your view, Pep should not played Pedro over Zlatan and Henry in that season. However, he benched them since Pedro was performing better than them. Pedro was also a youth player in that days. According to you, he wasn't deserving anything. However, Pep thought the opposite and gave him the deserved minutes.

Team always comes the first. If a 17 year old contributes to team more than a 25 year old than let's play him. Think about Messi. He was only 17 when he was playing. It is not about age. It is about performance and Tello shows amazing development in the last matches. He was deserving to be on the field in PSG away after his performance against Celta. He was deserving to be at least in the match squad in PSG home leg.

You say that Tello doesn't deserve anything because he is a youth player. It is the philosophy of Real Madrid not Barcelona. In Barcelona, Pep send Ronaldinho for giving Messi the deserved role. In Barcelona, Pep send Henry and Ibra for giving Pedro the deserved role. In Barcelona, we send Deco for giving Iniesta the deserved role. Your thoughts are opposite with Barcelona's philosophy.

F

Flavia

If Neymar comes, as it seems he will, Tello's minutes will continue to be scarce, even if alexis is gone.

mixer

Juventus are hardly interested in Alexis so I hope he goes there so Tello will have more minutes maybe.

But if Neymar comes (what is really, really possible) I hope he wont be sold.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why do we have to spend 40m on an unproven player when we have a hardworking player like Tello who has great potential :shakeshead:
Our mngt sucks

Kerrybai

If Neymar comes, as it seems he will, Tello's minutes will continue to be scarce, even if alexis is gone.

Would Neymar play on the left wing? I would think that Neymars arrival will coincide with Sanchez returning to Italy so then Neymar would become number 1 on the right wing. I can see the left wing piston shared evenly between Villa and Tello next season with a gradual transition towards Tello becoming number 1 on the left wing and Villa been used as a super sub or in situations where he is played in front of Messi as a traditional striker to occupy the centre backs.

Home of Barca Fans