Cristian Tello

Mr Hulot

Personally, I would start him in favor of David Villa. I like Villa a lot, but Tello is clearly in great form and he would add the element of surprise, as nobody from Bayern expect him to start... Lahm is still great offensively, but from what I have seen the last two years he is declining defensively...

Antimadridista1

Tello is probably faster than Pedro and in the left wing, he can hurt Lahm with Alba.
Tello - Villa - Messi or Messi playing behind Villa with Alves playing like a left winger can be interesting.

K

KisGery

"Cristian Thierry Tello" I like this name! :lol: Otherwise, he shot are really similar to the Henry's shots. :lol:

Personally, I would start him in favor of David Villa. I like Villa a lot, but Tello is clearly in great form and he would add the element of surprise, as nobody from Bayern expect him to start... Lahm is still great offensively, but from what I have seen the last two years he is declining defensively...

I wouldn't be pissed to see him start over Pedro (then again, I wouldn't be pissed to not see it either, considering that Pedro, while he hasn't been that great this season, has shown that he's still a big game player), but Villa? He's our second best goalscorer after Messi, was crucial against Milan, and will probably be crucial against tight defenses in general. Not to mention he's a big game player. If Villa weren't injured last year, we'd probably have won the CL (remember the missed chances against Chelsea? Villa would probably have buried them in his sleep). Villa's gonna be crucial for our CL hopes IMO.

Last edited:

Galning

Villa was beast vs Milan. So motivated holy shit. I was at that game and his face was like one of a bull. But then again, so were most of the team that day.
As long as we are motivated we can beat everyone.

I love Tello and all but if he starts against Lahm, Lahm will eat him up like he does against all other Wingers that face him especially in big important games like the one on tuesday

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I love Tello and all but if he starts against Lahm, Lahm will eat him up like he does against all other Wingers that face him especially in big important games like the one on tuesday

I don't know, I don't see Bayern's right wing stopping Tello, Iniesta, and Alba... Tello and Alba are both faster than Lahm (right?) and Iniesta can dink passes over to them (as can Messi) all day long.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Faster doesn't mean better. Tello will get easily shut down by Lahm and will probably resort to trying his old one-trick pony style of play. Lahm has unbelievable positioning and tackling ability so the only players in our squad that can outclass him are Messi and Iniesta (even then, with difficulty).

I don't know, I don't see Bayern's right wing stopping Tello, Iniesta, and Alba... Tello and Alba are both faster than Lahm (right?) and Iniesta can dink passes over to them (as can Messi) all day long.

I see Tello getting stumped out regardless of his pace by Lahm, the guy has faced better and faster wingers than him and Alba who will have to take into account Robben/Shaqiri/Muller being left unmarked if he decides to bomb forward. as for Iniesta...like Messi only bad form stop him

Garrus

Pedro is much better at keeping possession, And tracking back, And we'll need those badly against bayern, Starting tello doesn't make any sense, But i don't mind subbing him in near the end.

Mr Hulot

Pedro is much better at keeping possession, And tracking back, And we'll need those badly against bayern, Starting tello doesn't make any sense, But i don't mind subbing him in near the end.

The things you say seem to be the "right" things to say, but I personally beg to differ. First of all, I wrote that he should play in the place of Villa. Second, we need no more possession than we already have. There is more than 10% difference between us and the second team, which incidentally is Bayern. Finally, I wish to remind you that in the club's most successful season our LW was an aged Thierry Cristian Henry. Not the best guy to keep possession, press or track back, but a player that posed an incredible attacking threat...Anyway I like Villa very much as well but I would love to see Tello start in an important game as I think that he is in top form now.

Garrus

The things you say seem to be the "right" things to say, but I personally beg to differ. First of all, I wrote that he should play in the place of Villa. Second, we need no more possession than we already have. There is more than 10% difference between us and the second team, which incidentally is Bayern. Finally, I wish to remind you that in the club's most successful season our LW was an aged Thierry Cristian Henry. Not the best guy to keep possession, press or track back, but a player that posed an incredible attacking threat...Anyway I like Villa very much as well but I would love to see Tello start in an important game as I think that he is in top form now.
We'll use the same formation we used against milan and PSG, Villa a bit to the right (In front of messi), And pedro to the left, And we're not the same team we were 4 years ago, And the opposition don't treat us the same way.
What we need is security, Minimize the attacking threats of bayern, And that comes from keeping possession (Pedro is great with the ball under pressure) and maintaining pressure (Tracking back), Tello isn't good with either of those.

Mr Hulot

We'll use the same formation we used against milan and PSG, Villa a bit to the right (In front of messi), And pedro to the left, And we're not the same team we were 4 years ago, And the opposition don't treat us the same way.
What we need is security, Minimize the attacking threats of bayern, And that comes from keeping possession (Pedro is great with the ball under pressure) and maintaining pressure (Tracking back), Tello isn't good with either of those.

Security? Like the first game against Milan, where Iniesta played left and Fabregas in the middle, to keep more possession and be more secure? Things in football are not that simple.

Home of Barca Fans