Cristian Tello

Kerrybai

Tello is not anywhere near the class of Neymar.

He would be decent to keep as a squad player but some people on here build him up beyond belief!

He's been consistently playing well. In fact I would rate him as our second best attacker this season over Pedro, Sanchez and Villa. Although I would probably pick Villa if he had been given enough playing time.

JamDav1982

He's been consistently playing well. In fact I would rate him as our second best attacker this season over Pedro, Sanchez and Villa. Although I would probably pick Villa if he had been given enough playing time.

Against what big teams has he played well against?

As far as I can see he has barely scored or assisted against any team in the top half of the table the past two seasons.

People saying he is world class and had a brilliant season on here I just cant see. He has been decent in the games he has played against the poorer teams and when there is an open game. Against the top teams in tight games where he cant use his pace he is not as effective.

Indignado

Against what big teams has he played well against?

As far as I can see he has barely scored or assisted against any team in the top half of the table the past two seasons.

People saying he is world class and had a brilliant season on here I just cant see. He has been decent in the games he has played against the poorer teams and when there is an open game. Against the top teams in tight games where he cant use his pace he is not as effective.

The thing is that he rarely gets minutes against top teams. And yesterday he was arguably our best player against the team who is on 3rd place and in the Copa final, so your argument is invalid.

JamDav1982

The thing is that he rarely gets minutes against top teams. And yesterday he was arguably our best player against the team who is on 3rd place and in the Copa final, so your argument is invalid.

He was decent yesterday I agree but he has had a fair bit of minutes against the top teams in the league and barely ever scored or made an assist.

There is a reason he is not a starter in the biggest games against the tightest defences.

My point is valid.

Kerrybai

He was decent yesterday I agree but he has had a fair bit of minutes against the top teams in the league and barely ever scored or made an assist.

There is a reason he is not a starter in the biggest games against the tightest defences.

My point is valid.

Yes there is a reason, and his name is Tito. It's not Tellos fault that Tito has been reluctant with our younger players.

JamDav1982

Yes there is a reason, and his name is Tito. It's not Tellos fault that Tito has been reluctant with our younger players.

Reluctant? Tello in his last ten games or so has had a lot of minutes and the only teams he has scored/assisted against were Mallorca and Zaragoza.

He has had a lot of minutes against the top 6/7 sides and not produced.

In open games like yesterday he is an asset no doubt but against deep, tight defences he is not good enough and Barcelona could have far better than him.

yahudi

Reluctant? Tello in his last ten games or so has had a lot of minutes and the only teams he has scored/assisted against were Mallorca and Zaragoza.

Minutes against top6 Liga teams + CL

• Real Madrid, Supercopa: 30 min
  • Real Madrid, Liga: 7 min
  • Real Madrid, Copa: 20 min
  • Atletico Madrid, Liga: 90 min, 1 assist
  • Real Sociedad, Liga: 90 min, 2 assists
  • Malaga, Copa: 80 min

• PSG, CL: 10 min
  • Benfica, CL: 80 min
  • Spartak Moscow: 90 min, 1 goal + 1 assist

Total
Liga: 187 min, 3 assists
Copa: 100 min
Supercopa: 30 min
CL: 180 min, 1 goal + 1 assist

from transfermarkt.de

Last edited:

Kerrybai

@JamDav Are you sure about that? He had 0 minutes vs Valencia. He had 90 minutes vs Sociedad Where he had 2 assists. He had 90 minutes vs Atletico yesterday where he set up Villa. Did he play vs Madrid and Malaga?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Most Barcelona goals+assists/90min this season

Messi 1.7

Villa 1.0
Tello 0.82
Alexis 0.76
Cesc 0.75
Iniesta 0.70

spark

In open games like yesterday he is an asset no doubt but against deep, tight defences he is not good enough and Barcelona could have far better than him.[/QUOTE]

What are you suggesting ? That we get rid?

Pepe Silvia

His blistering speed alone is something that half of the forwards in Lliga envy. He is incredible in open space, and a simple feint and run can leave a defender in the dust no problem at all. I like his headstrong qualities, and most importantly, I like that he seems immune when it comes to passing Messi the ball. He is confident enough to take his chances, and maybe go against the wishes of the coaches and, perhaps even the players. Pedro might have done well to do the same, because unfortunately for him, playing into Tito's strategy has left him pigeon-holed and has stifled his once trademark abilities to get into the area and finish chances. I hope the same fate doesn't befall Tello.

Home of Barca Fans