Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

coco1247

Banned
12 goals is great but means nothing if you got nothing to show for it. Ribery won the CL, I say it's fair enough that he got so many votes.

raskolnikov

Its laughable that people say he didnt show up cause of the friendly, its just his ego not being able to handle him losing everytime.
If he thought he would win he would have been there, the journalists punished him in the voting and that prick Platini ripped him today.
Maybe there should be a best number 2 award show, he would win a lot.

coco1247

Banned
He comes every year to the Ballon D'Or and bares it like a champ. Please don't talk about stuff you don't know anything about.
This was a great preparatory match for us for Athletic. We're taking advantage of every minute we can get because our players need to adapt to a completely new system. So yeah, I'd say it's natural he wanted to stay because he's been struggling in Carlo's new system and every match he can get is one more we can build on.
It was a good match and I'm happy he stayed as are many RM fans. The fact that people see this as an issue is ridiculous.

El Gato

Villarato!
Just wait for the next Ballon D'Or presentation to watch Cules ramble on about his expressions. Comedy Central stuff.

raskolnikov

He comes every year to the Ballon D'Or and bares it like a champ. Please don't talk about stuff you don't know anything about.
This was a great preparatory match for us for Athletic. We're taking advantage of every minute we can get because our players need to adapt to a completely new system. So yeah, I'd say it's natural he wanted to stay because he's been struggling in Carlo's new system and every match he can get is one more we can build on.
It was a good match and I'm happy he stayed as are many RM fans. The fact that people see this as an issue is ridiculous.
He skipped Ballon d'or in 2011 as well. The worst part for me is people like you knowing he does it cause he knows he isnt going to win so he rather wants to stay away but feel the need to defend it and justify it with some lame excuse, its so obvious.
Same way Mourinho skipped last two ballon 'd'or gala's but when he knew he would win for the 2010 year he obviously was there, him and his giant ego.
Cristiano is the same yet people make up excuses as if he gives a damn aboyt some boring easy money friendly against relegation fodder (sorry depor).

suckabov

Lemon curry?
As far as I have heard, the club urged him to go, though? If it was really that important, they wouldn't have done that.

Cule4life

The Culest

Oh please and I go to work daily on time and dont chill out because my conscience doesn't allow me to :lol:

coco1247

Banned
Whatever, I as a Madrid fan would rather have him play - which is his job, is it not? - than attend some award ceremony no one cares about. If we didn't have a match, I would have said it was very unprofessional of him. But we had a match and team and club are ten times more important than Platini and his little gala.
You guys can interpret it as you want, but I'm sure if it had been Messi, you all would be praising him like he's a saint for staying behind with the team.
Ronaldo did the right thing.

Cule4life

The Culest
Whatever, I as a Madrid fan would rather have him play - which is his job, is it not? - than attend some award ceremony no one cares about. If we didn't have a match, I would have said it was very unprofessional of him. But we had a match and team and club are ten times more important than Platini and his little gala.
You guys can interpret it as you want, but I'm sure if it had been Messi, you all would be praising him like he's a saint for staying behind with the team.
Ronaldo did the right thing.

A charity match really? If it was a league match then your argument would hold some water. Even then if he had a chance of winning he would have missed any match to receive it
I am never an advocate of players of being flawless. Even Messi is not flawless. They are human after all and if they are all flawless then football would be boring. But I hate fans blindly defending players

coco1247

Banned
Lol really? Why don't you look around this forum a bit? You'll see interesting posts regarding your own players who some of you label as saints and Jesus Christ reincarnated.
I'm not defending him for no reason. If I thought it was because he's a sore loser, I'd say so. Trust me, I have no problem criticizing Ronaldo when it comes down to it. But this is the fact - people blow stuff like this way out of proportion.
But it is what it is. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

MagIX

Oh yeah..... CR is professional because he choose to play the friendly match! i cant believe what i have to read:lol:
according to this logic Messi is unprofessional because he went to the ceremony although he is still injured

MagIX

be there in a tux at the Uefa ceremony, in the worlwide spotlight representing his club Real Madrid (the club which pay his millionaire salary), give a respectful and not cocky image, is more important than play a friendly match that no one is watching and no one cares.

coco1247

Banned
We don't need him to that though. He speaks on the pitch and that's where he should represent our club.
Matches always come first imo. I mean look, if you had a match, wouldn't you want Messi to play? If I were a Barca fan, I'd rather watch him on the pitch than attend some gala.

CatalinR10

We don't need him to that though. He speaks on the pitch and that's where he should represent our club.
Matches always come first imo. I mean look, if you had a match, wouldn't you want Messi to play? If I were a Barca fan, I'd rather watch him on the pitch than attend some gala.

It's not just some random gala. Anyother player would give almost everything even just to be in the top 3 but Cr. Ronaldo doesn't even show up cause meh...he has a random match to play.

Home of Barca Fans