Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Galning

He obviously didn't go because he wouldn't win. As if he would go play a friendly game if he was sure he'd win it... people who say otherwise are just biased.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We don't need him to that though. He speaks on the pitch and that's where he should represent our club.
Matches always come first imo. I mean look, if you had a match, wouldn't you want Messi to play? If I were a Barca fan, I'd rather watch him on the pitch than attend some gala.

You are now justifying why a Madrid fan wants to see him play rather than attend 'some gala'. That has nothing to do with why he didn't attend the ceremony. He clearly didn't go because he knew he wouldn't win, not because of the match. You didn't answer my last question: Why did the RM management try to convince him to go if this match was so important?Plus, it was a very prestigious event - Ribery talked about it for the last couple of months. It is a dream for many.

By not showing up he just gave the impression of being a bad loser, plus it's a matter of respect for the other candidates.

coco1247

Banned
They wanted him to go because he was invited to come...Very simple.
Tbh he spent I don't know how many years being second in every awards ceremony, so I think he can handle it. He's a sore loser in many ways, but about this? That's just hilarious. This award is nowhere near on the same level as Ballon d'Or. It is important, but not that much that a player would flat out refuse to go knowing he's not gonna win it.
As for Ribery talking about it so much, it's because he knows that's all he's gonna get. A shame really.

I will say it again, even if all of you think this Deportivo match was meaningless, it was a good match for us. We need stuff like that. Ronaldo is one of those players that need to adjust the most to this new system and style and I'm sure he's aware of that.

raskolnikov

They wanted him to go because he was invited to come...Very simple.
Tbh he spent I don't know how many years being second in every awards ceremony, so I think he can handle it. He's a sore loser in many ways, but about this? That's just hilarious. This award is nowhere near on the same level as Ballon d'Or. It is important, but not that much that a player would flat out refuse to go knowing he's not gonna win it.
As for Ribery talking about it so much, it's because he knows that's all he's gonna get. A shame really.

I will say it again, even if all of you think this Deportivo match was meaningless, it was a good match for us. We need stuff like that. Ronaldo is one of those players that need to adjust the most to this new system and style and I'm sure he's aware of that.

Iniesta-Uefa.jpg

Gohan

Super Saiyan
It is clear that Ronaldo doesn't like to lose or become second no one does. And to laugh at him because of his facial expressions is sad to be honest.

Messi shows his 'good character' by congratulating Ribery and smiling. But I bet Messi won't be smiling if he the next Ballon D'or will not be awarded to him.

I'm a Messi fan but the way Ronaldo is being treated isn't fair.

Galning

Thats right, and there is nothing wrong with that. If I was on his place I would do the same thing.

Some would argue that it's disrespectful towards the other competitors. Which is completely not the point here anyway, some are saying he didn't attend the ceremony because he wanted to play a game which is bs.

Turson

Some would argue that it's disrespectful towards the other competitors. Which is completely not the point here anyway, some are saying he didn't attend the ceremony because he wanted to play a game which is bs.

Not complete bs. He knew he wouldnt win anyway so he choose to play. Like I said, I would do the very same thing.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

I am not particulary talking about Barca Forum but in general. Twitter/Facebook. People go nuts on those media places when pictures of Ronaldo doing that are on the webz. And than people call him shit, shit loser, shit footballer, terrible person etc. Just wanted to point that out.

But you're right about the friendly part though. Only god knows why he made up that terrible excuse.

xavisionary

Can't give Ronaldo that much space in the box. Great movement for 1st goal but the celebration was a bit...egotistical. Still love you though CR7.

raskolnikov

The Irish were ripping him saying "Messi,Messi" and "your a cheap Gareth Bale", logically he will act like a dick when he scores a hattrick then.

coco1247

Banned
I thought he was ok. I love when players give it their all for the shirt they wear. Like when Mandžukić celebrated that goal against Serbia yesterday, that was so awesome.

Home of Barca Fans