Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

gatsu

Penaldo seems to fail when the penalty is crucial, against Valencia, bayern and with the national team, only scoring useless one, meh...

Stric

My single favorite Cristiano penalty situation is the one when he wanted to take the last one against Spain in the 2012 EC, but didn't even get to take it because they were already out. :lol:

raskolnikov

My single favorite Cristiano penalty situation is the one when he wanted to take the last one against Spain in the 2012 EC, but didn't even get to take it because they were already out. :lol:

Totally forgot about that. The camera kept switching to him as if to ask when he is going to step up.
Back then I said to my friends he wants to be like Drogba, score the winner and take all the credit.
Indeed funny when it backfired and Bento had to defend him like crazy the days after taking the blame.

I also have this theory where he doesnt win the ballon d'or in 2008 when Terry doesnt slip up in the cl final.
The guy is great at penalties just not very clutch at important moments.

Stric

Totally forgot about that. The camera kept switching to him as if to ask when he is going to step up.
Back then I said to my friends he wants to be like Drogba, score the winner and take all the credit.
Indeed funny when it backfired and Bento had to defend him like crazy the days after taking the blame.

I also have this theory where he doesnt win the ballon d'or in 2008 when Terry doesnt slip up in the cl final.
The guy is great at penalties just not very clutch at important moments.

I think there is even footage of the players discussing and Cristiano gesturing that he wants to take the 5th one. And then the infamous injustiça. :wub:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Does he mean top 5 currently active or top 5 all time. Because CR is easily top 5 among currently active players but it's a tougher call for top 5 all time. In my opinion he is not top 5 all time.

Are you kidding? top 5 all time would be an incredibly rich characterization for cristiano. He's not even top 15.
In no particular order

messi
ronaldo de lima
pele
garrincha
maradona
di stefano
puskas
cruyff
best
beckembauer
baresi
baggio
van basten
platini
zidane

raki

I never said that he would get 60/65,that's retarded. This guy says that he won't break the 50 goals barrier when he has 42 with 2 games left.

He should be banned for 1 game for diving in a disgusting manner again. Yellow and ban.

Paganinisrvnge

Hopefully he'll get a yellow next match and miss the final match. It'd be glorious to have Messi win the Pichichi on the last day. Uncle Perez won't allow Ronaldo to miss a match, though. He'd have to punch someone again.

J

Jamie Cal

C'man, lets not get out of hand with "overrated". =Saying shit like "he doesn't do anything for the team"....erm, scoring goals is kind of good, no? It seems such a daft criticism when, ultimately, you try to get the most of your best player. It's like people still have this idea that everyone does the exact same thing for a team - a naive outlook on football.

I mean "6 Ballon D'or's for Messi" put George Best in the list ahead of him - really, dude? Really? He had tons of natural ability but was a pisshead. I don't like defending Cristiano or Real at all, but a lot of these criticisms are pretty childish.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Are you kidding? top 5 all time would be an incredibly rich characterization for cristiano. He's not even top 15.
In no particular order

messi
ronaldo de lima
pele
garrincha
maradona
di stefano
puskas
cruyff
best
beckembauer
baresi