Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

mehdimike

Messi's 50 goal record didn't really matter much in the end in the context of the league because he didn't score against madrid in the crucial clasico, the 4 goal haul against espanyol afterwards was ultimately meaningless

Can't be agree!
It wasn't his fault that Defence was horrible thanks to pep tactics!

Kerrybai

I haven't seen this, and I can't find it on the search. Can you re-post it please? Thx

Unfortunately I didn't save the data. I'll redo it soon though, possible this evening. Footyfan may have saved it also. Since Ronaldo joined Madrid both players have almost identical numbers of first goal scored, tie breaking goals etc.

Ritchie

Can't be agree!
It wasn't his fault that Defence was horrible thanks to pep tactics!

Madrid's level was super high that year as well so a slight dip in Pep's 4th year meant just falling short of the two big titles. That was more Ronaldo at his best.

raskolnikov

Madrid's level was super high that year as well so a slight dip in Pep's 4th year meant just falling short of the two big titles. That was more Ronaldo at his best.

Lets not forget the blatant favouritism by refs giving penaldo's left and right to Real only giving them to us near the end jsut to close the gap while it no longer had an impact.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
[youtube]PtLC7K2BUr0[/youtube]
Incredible. Top 3 strikers in EPL have 26,21 and 20 goals,4th striker has 18 goals. Meanwhile CR7 has 18 goals with his head alone :neymar: .

Ritchie

Lets not forget the blatant favouritism by refs giving penaldo's left and right to Real only giving them to us near the end jsut to close the gap while it no longer had an impact.

Yeah the referees really favoured Real that year and were harsh on Barca. I guess they didn't want Barca winning the league again.

Then Mourinho had the nerve to cry conspiracy the season before and after.

raskolnikov

Yeah the referees really favoured Real that year and were harsh on Barca. I guess they didn't want Barca winning the league again.

Then Mourinho had the nerve to cry conspiracy the season before and after.

In the end thats what people remember, you wont believe how often someone on the internet uses this argument whenever I call on Madrid favouritism: " Lol, Barca fans complaining about referee decisions:lol: UEFALONA, Blatter favours Messi, refs as much in your pocket as Real's, Busquets is the biggest diver in the world etc. etc.

Thats the problem with lies, you scream enough lies people remember it even if its later untrue, look at how many people still refer to Ronaldo as some Ghandi type figure for a fake Napal donation.

dakt

[youtube]PtLC7K2BUr0[/youtube]
Incredible. Top 3 strikers in EPL have 26,21 and 20 goals,4th striker has 18 goals. Meanwhile CR7 has 18 goals with his head alone :neymar: .

I'm sure that in EPL goal count would drop, both for CR and Messi. Maybe about 10 goals less per season.

StarLord

I'm sure that in EPL goal count would drop, both for CR and Messi. Maybe about 10 goals less per season.

Even if they were playing with their current teams?

Seems to happen every single season, to varying degrees but the same old tendency is always there.

Last edited:

StarLord

I'm 10000000% certain that messi would score at least 10-15 goals more in bpl.

I don't know how much Messi would score in the EPL, but if Suarez could score that many with Liverpool, or Aguero average a goal a game in the last two seasons, and Harry Kane could score so much with Spurs etc etc etc, then we all get the picture I guess.

I heard people say that since Chelsea have scored only 73 goals in this year's EPL, and Barca/Real scored over 100 in La Liga, then that is some kind of definitive proof that the EPL is better. Well, if that is not some kind of false equivalence, then I don't know what is. By drawing such a conclusion, then one obviously assumes that Barca/Real forward lines are equal to Chelsea forward line. Well let's see. Messi-Suarez-Neymar vs Hazard-Costa (several injuries and suspensions) Remy? - Drogba? Or the aforementioned Chelsea forwards vs CR7-Benzema-Bale-James. Obviously the teams with Messi, CR7, Suarez, Benzema, Neymar, Bale and James will outscore (massively) a forward line with what Chelsea possesses. City managed to score 83 goals with Aguero half-fit, and also contributions from Dzeko, Bony and a few midfielders. Last season, both City and Liverpool scored over 100 goals each (a bit more than we did in 13/14) with forward lines far inferior to what we and Real Madrid now possess.

Hence, the much-recycled notion that it is harder to score in the EPL can easily be destroyed.

dakt

Even if they were playing with their current teams?

No, but if they were playing for any top team in EPL. Somewhere around 30 goals.
I doubt that CR is significantly better Suarez (if better at all) who managed to score ~30 goals last year.

StarLord

No, but if they were playing for any top team in EPL. Somewhere around 30 goals.
I doubt that CR is significantly better Suarez (if better at all) who managed to score ~30 goals last year.

Well, if they would be playing with lesser teammates they would be scoring less in La Liga as well, so I don't get the point of claiming that Messi-Ronaldo would score less in the EPL.

As for CR-Suarez. CR is a better finisher than Suarez and also plays for a better side than Liverpool. Therefore, had he been playing with RM in the EPL he would definitely be scoring more than 30 goals (especially if he had the same number of penaldos over there as well)

But yeah, Suarez is more of a fighter and more of team player than CR, that's for sure.

Home of Barca Fans