Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

dakt

Well, if they would be playing with lesser teammates they would be scoring less in La Liga as well, so I don't get the point of claiming that Messi-Ronaldo would score less in the EPL.

As for CR-Suarez. CR is a better finisher than Suarez and also plays for a better side than Liverpool. Therefore, had he been playing with RM in the EPL he would definitely be scoring more than 30 goals (especially if he had the same number of penaldos over there as well)

But yeah, Suarez is more of a fighter and more of team player than CR, that's for sure.

We can speculate on the subject endlessly. Considering that EPL is more competitive and games are more chaotic, they wouldn't get as many chances. Well, maybe Messi would, since he's much more independent in these terms.
Penaldos would drop, I'm sure in that, considering they play a bit tougher.

StarLord

We can speculate on the subject endlessly. Considering that EPL is more competitive and games are more chaotic, they wouldn't get as many chances. Well, maybe Messi would, since he's much more independent in these terms.
Penaldos would drop, I'm sure in that, considering they play a bit tougher.

Well, all evidence suggests that the EPL is not superior to La Liga in any department (in terms of quality) Also, the term "competitive" is extremely vague. What matters is the overall quality, and despite the massive financial advantage that the EPL has over the Primera, the European results of the past 5 years indicate that if anything, it is the Spanish Primera that has the upper hand. That is easily discernible to anyone willing to bother with such things as external events and not subjective impressions/preferences/feelings.

mehdimike

But i feel they will have more injuries in EPL!!

I mean-God-why do these British teams wanna kill the opponent players?! Stoke , Hull , QPR , Newcastle and even CHELSEA!!:lol:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
10-15 more than what he does here... That's definitely achieveable

Messi scored 45 goals in La Liga this term and his record is 50 goals in La Liga. Are you telling me that Messi would be scoring AT LEAST 55 up to 65 goals in EPL? In 38 games? Top La Liga teams are much much better than top EPL teams ( Barca,RM,kinda ATM compared to Chelsea,City,Arsenal,United) but the rest of the league is much better in the EPL since they have better TV rights,more money etc.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi scored 45 goals in La Liga this term and his record is 50 goals in La Liga. Are you telling me that Messi would be scoring AT LEAST 55 up to 65 goals in EPL? In 38 games? Top La Liga teams are much much better than top EPL teams ( Barca,RM,kinda ATM compared to Chelsea,City,Arsenal,United) but the rest of the league is much better in the EPL since they have better TV rights,more money etc.
Yeah it's so funny because the rest of the top teams in England are doing so well in Europe!

I tell you what.... The top teams here are better than their respective counter-parts. But the rest of the bunch are just around the same level. It's a myth the stupid English media has created that the rest of the bunch of EPL are far better than that of La Liga. No they are not!

And them having more money means squat.... The likes of Bojan run circles around their expensive players!

Morten

Messi or Ronaldo wouldnt score the same in EPL if they moved there, but if Real/Barca played in the EPL im pretty sure they would score at least as much as they do now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi or Ronaldo wouldnt score the same in EPL if they moved there, but if Real/Barca played in the EPL im pretty sure they would score at least as much as they do now.

I don't understand this argument. Aguero has almost 30 goals in 33 games or something along with 8 assists and Aguero would be in seventh heaven if he was half the player Leo is.

Morten

I don't understand this argument. Aguero has almost 30 goals in 33 games or something along with 8 assists and Aguero would be in seventh heaven if he was half the player Leo is.

Aguero has 26 i think. Messi and Ronaldo are astonishing goalscorers, but they do benefit alot from playing in teams with outrageous attacking power, attacking power of that magnitude simply doesnt exist in any EPL team. But if Real or Barca played in the epl it woul be pretty much the same story as in Spain, or maybe even higher.

dakt

Well, all evidence suggests that the EPL is not superior to La Liga in any department (in terms of quality) Also, the term "competitive" is extremely vague. What matters is the overall quality, and despite the massive financial advantage that the EPL has over the Primera, the European results of the past 5 years indicate that if anything, it is the Spanish Primera that has the upper hand. That is easily discernible to anyone willing to bother with such things as external events and not subjective impressions/preferences/feelings.

By competitive, I don't necessarily mean better quality, but that anyone can beat anyone.

Home of Barca Fans